Cigars and fine tobacco

2»

Comments

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    @d3k0y maybe try something smaller? I mean I enjoy a cigar once in a long while, but I put the damn thing out when I'm done, regardless of whether it's spent.

I just stocked up on Butera and I got both a mid-range size and a smaller size. You should probably just come to ICSP and try one.
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    I nipped off a good bit of the end when I had finished to cut the smoldering part off and tucked it away for later. I am too much of a cheapo to just toss 8 bucks worth of cigar whether I liked it or not.
  • SignalSignal Icrontian
    Just don't store the spent cigars with the others.

PM your address. I will send you one from my humidor.
  • GattsuGattsu Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited February 2014

I order samplers like this one at least once a year from a website that is based in Tampa, FL. Occasionally I'll go to a cigar chain store nearby that has a massive selection, if I want something specific. I am still fairly new to smoking cigars, it seems like for every ten cigars I try for the first time. I'll find one that I can say I would definitely buy again. So far my absolute favorite that I have found is a Ashton Classic Connecticut.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian

@UPSLynx did you ever get a chance to break in your Christmas present? What blends do you have?

• MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian
    edited May 2015

That's my humidor. I've had some Cohibas in it before (Siglo 1s, Robustos) but out of that selection the Estilo Cubano Lancero and Quintero Favoritos have been my favorites

P.S. bump!

BobbyDigioni_delsMt_Goat
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

@BuddyJ said:
    UPSLynx did you ever get a chance to break in your Christmas present? What blends do you have?

Derp, totally missed this post.

So over the last year, I've been smoking very infrequently (it's roughtly once every other month, sort of a treat when I wanna relax and kick it on the patio after a hard days work). My cousin gave me a vintage Falcon metal stem pipe, circa 1960-ish. It was an antique store find, so fortunately I didn't have to break it in. It's pretty difficult to keep lit, but it's a great smoke - the metal stem cools the smoke on the draw, so it's quite pleasant.

I went through most of the captain black cherry that he gifted to me - unfortunately, the lid on the tobacco bowl that he gave me has a bad seal (it's an old, dried up leather seal that no longer closes off the top since its so old), so since I smoke so infrequently, the tobacco dried up too much. I've been trying to find a solution to re-seal the lid so that it stays fully closed and keeps the tobacco moist, but haven't managed to figure it out yet.

My cousin gifted me that vintage pipe lighter for Christmas this year. It works wonderfully, and is way better than mucking about with crummy cheap lighters or matches.

I recently discovered a few co-workers are into pipes, so we went and had a smoke to end our work day last Friday, and I got to sample some locally blended tobacco that my buddy had brought. He had some wonderfully full bodied stuff. I'll be making a trip to the tobacconist soon to get some new blends.

10/10, pipes rule.

• Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian

@MrTRiot said:

I like how you have those Swisher Sweet tiparillos segregated in that miniscule little compartment. ;) On the other hand I see some familiar bands occupying the main compartment.

• MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian
    edited May 2015

@Mt_Goat They obviously need to be segregated, can't have them infect the longer smokes!

The more I get into cigars the more I realise there is a huge difference between every brand, shape and style. That's only scratching the surface too...

Personally I'm enjoying the smaller ring gagues such as Lancero's and Petit Corona's despite it not having the allure of a Churchill. With the smaller ring gagues you get to taste more of the wrapper and if it's a nice aged Maduro the flavours that come out are not typical of tobacco. Plus I for one don't have the time or desire to sit down for two hours and smoke a Churchill by myself. If there were a bunch of us puffing away on cigars maybe...but not as anything even semi regular....