Time for Small World 2

Comments

• mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    It may not have been you. There were (IIRC) four of us in one game. Any one person who breaks the 48 hour limit will cause this to happen. It'd be nice if DoW would leave a bit of history for completed games.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    It cancels the entire game if one person fails to turn once? That's crazy-face. I hope they update it to allow us to turn that 'feature' off.
    The only other options are shorter turn times :/
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    @Zanthian take your turn before it times out :P
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    Sorry, Steam doesn't seem to send me notifications. Took my turn :D
    I just realized I missed a turn this weekend. So sorry! D:
    I really hope that this game-cancelling thing is some kind of bug, and that it will be fixed, because it's tough to convince myself to start any new games as it stands.
    We should all write sternly-worded emails to the developers.
    midga said:

We should all write sternly-worded emails to the players who miss turns.

Fixed :D
    True :(
    I started a thread on the forums, requesting a feature to turn off the turn timers completely for friendly games.
    midga
    I would comment on the thread to add my voice in, but that's apparently a subforum reserved for people who backed in the Kickstarter =/
    Oh, yes. Sorry, I forgot it wasn't a public board.
    That was a really close game, @mertesn. It was for deathjester and I, anyway. :D (Also, who is deathjester?)
    Yeah, I realized about three turns in that I was pretty much screwed. Oh well.

@deathjester is a friend of @BuddyJ and I. He's about as close to family as you can get without being blood relatives.
    Your move @CB
    Blast. Now I'm apparently not getting notifications. :grumble:
    Remember that time I conquered every land on the board?
    Zanthianmidga
    Good times
    Were-Pixies are OP.
    But fun when you get 'em.
    edited February 2014
    Closest game ever.
    I felt like the game was going to be really close, but I had no idea just how close.

I don't even know why I won over deathjester. I don't thikn I've ever had to look up the tie-breaker in Small World.
    midga

Sorry, I missed most recent invite. I was away for the weekend.

Me too

edited April 2014

Dear Small World 2 players,

Today we are releasing the first Beta version of Small World 2.5!

How can I qualify?

This is an "open Beta", which means that any owner of the current digital version of Small Wolrd 2 can download and try the Beta version - when technically or practically possible (see platforms restrictions below). Please note that trying the Beta assumes that you fully agree with all the terms described in this memo, so please read it entirely.

Where do I get it?
    On Steam (Windows, Mac and Linux):
    In your Steam Library, right-click on Small World 2 and select "Properties".
    Click on the "BETAS" tab.
    In the password box, type flyingdwarves and press the "Check Code" button.
    This will unlock the Beta version. Select it from the pop-up menu located just above the password box and close the Properties panel.
    The Beta version will download shortly after.

Highlights:

• New "Online Arena" mode, replacing the old "Quick Play" mode which was removed. This is a full lobby with chat, list of open games, etc.
    • Two types of games, "Single Session" and "Multi Session". A bot immediately replaces a disconnected player in a Single Session game, as opposed to Multi Session games that can be played in parallel. Think of Single Session as fast synchronous games, and of Multi Session games as slower, asynchronous games.
    • Player Clock: each player has a fixed pre-allocated amount of time to play an entire game - it works like a Chess Tournament clock. The player creating the game chooses this amount of time.
    • "Play with Buddies" was renamed into "Invite Buddies" and now features a true invitation system - the game won't start before all players accept the invitation. Bots can be added in the mix.
    • Stats screen at the end-of-game screen. Analyze your performances and which combo was the most effective!
    • Usability improvements: animation "fast forward" button, chat in end-of-game screen, add buddy in end-of-game screen, emoticons in chat, chat history in-game (even when disconnected) and more.
    • Fixes in the Rules Game Engine. See bugs list for details.
    • Improved (smarter) AI, and fixes.

Hopefully this new game mode will be such that it would not terminate our games just because someone goes out of town for more than 24 hours. :D

• DeathJesterDeathJester Lone Wolf Oklahoma Icrontian

sweet!

Yeah...better turn clock would be nice. I notice this says nothing about mobile versions, though :(

I didn't copypasta the stuff about mobile versions.

midga

Wish they'd make the iOS version a universal app. I'd happily deal with a bit of vertical scrolling or pinch-zoom to have the game in my pocket at all times.

So, who's on first beta?