Doing a little running on Sunday

BetsyDBetsyD Cincinnati, OH Icrontian
edited May 2014 in Fitness

Last year (after I had Marty) I decided to run a 5k every month to get back in shape. I ended up running 15 5ks last year and by the December one I was really ready for a bigger challenge but wasn't sure exactly what. Well during my christmas vacation I stumbled on this blog (http://www.runsforcookies.com/2013/10/final-thoughts-on-hansons-marathon.html)

Now, I wasn't immediately sold on running a marathon; for heavens sake its 26.2 miles! But my company sponsors any employee who wants to run the Heart Mini races, so Jan 1st I started following Hansons Marathon Method figuring that it would prepare me for 13.1 miles just in time for the Heart Mini on March 16th and then I could stop training if I wanted to. It was pretty cold on race day but I finished in a somewhat respectable 2:45.

Well, the running wasn't so bad and the first 2.5 months of training had netted me a 15lb weight loss and I figured that if anything, I could keep running a little and maybe sign up for the Flying Pig halfMarathon and that should help me lose the last few pounds of baby weight. So I just kept following the schedule. And running. And running. After some significant peer pressure from running friends at work I signed up for the Flying Pig Half-Marathon.

So I might be crazy, but I'm pretty sure I'm ready. If anyone happens to be around Cincy on Sunday, I certainly wouldn't mind seeing friendly faces along the course or at the finish line :) As a side note I'm now down over 25lbs and lighter than I was when I graduated from high school. Probably time to put some muscle on after Sunday :)

TeramonaGHoosdumZanthianStraight_ManprimesuspectCBGnomeQueenBobbyDigimertesnmaliaColgereCantiHumerusMegJBoogalooTushonmidga

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Way to go, Betsy!

GnomeQueen
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

If you aren't seeing it on Facebook, Betsy's live running status feed is here.

• ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian

Link just says checking, but never resolves.

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2014

The website doesn't work but the app is posting live updates every mile on Facebook. Currently she's at mile 19 :)

RyanFodder
  • lulufitzgeraldlulufitzgerald Milford, Ohio Icrontian

Awesome Betsy! I can't even imagine what it's like to run a 5k let alone an entire marathon.