ICMC: Residences (Land Claims)

BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats !TX Icrontian
edited August 2014 in Minecraft

The Residence mod has been enabled for everyone to use. This will allow you to claim land and moderate it's perms as you see fit.

The tool to use is a Stick

In game type /res ? for more info

Defaults are set to allow everyone 3 claims up to 500 x 500. If you would like a larger claim. Get all the coords and let me know and I will create it.

Useful links:

Mod Home Page

Commands

Flags

It is still a work in progress and I am still learning a bit myself so let me know if you find something that doesn't seem to fit our server. This also means what is set currently may change.

-Digi

ErrorNullTurnipRahnalH102Bandrik

Comments

• midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian

Is it possible to set a depth? Like, if I want to protect what's on the surface of an area, but don't give a crap about people tunneling around underneath?

• mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian

@midga said:
    Is it possible to set a depth? Like, if I want to protect what's on the surface of an area, but don't give a crap about people tunneling around underneath?

Minecraft, now featuring mineral rights!

midgaRahnalH102Creeperbane2Linc
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian

So are we allowed to use the commands that prevent monster spawning/creeper explosion, etc?

• d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian

@midga said:

From http://residencebukkitmod.wikispaces.com/Creating,+protecting+and+modifying+a+seclection

To create a residence:
    Create a residence is easy. All you need to do is equip the selection tool* (wooden pickaxe by default) and select the two corners of the area you want to protect.
    You can also do this with /res select [x] [y] [z]
    If you want to expand the selection from sky to bedrock, type /res select vert
    You can expand the selection by looking in the direction you want to expand and typing /res select expand
    When you’re done modifying your select, type /res create to confirm your protection.

midgaErrorNullTurnip

Thanks!

• Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian

Must we claim this time about? Because I really don't care about people screwing with my land. I trust our community not to be idiots and if someone wants some space in the area I deem "mine" I'm sure a price could be worked out.

midga
    edited April 2014

I sorta agree, @Creeperbane2, but at the same time this allows us to have some modicum of moderation without having to rely on @BobbyDigi‌ being available constantly. I don't know just how much moderation this will give us, but up to whatever level that is we'll have some variability in how much we choose to have. I'd prefer to just have an open, unmoderated server where friends can dig through whatever and people respect everyone elses' work, but since there have been some (minor usually) issues in the past, this at least allows people to protect things if they feel they need to be protected, and avoid sad feelings and butthurt.

--off topic--

@Lincoln‌ Pressing tab for name completion also tab-advances the focus, so pressing 'space' directly after causes the submit button to be pressed.

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

@midga‌ d3k0y is correct. After you create your square either with the tool or the command, do a "/res select vert" to select from bedrock to skylimit. Then "/res create MyPlot" will claim the entire thing.

@Creeperbane2 midga is pretty much correct. This is to avoid the drama llama. If you don't care if people dig up your stuff, not fix creeper holes outside your door, blowing up the side of a mountain that you like looking at out your kitchen window, ect, that is fine. Everyone has their different ways of playing. Some players do care about all of the above. I believe that there is a set of flags that will basically allow "same as without" settings but still claim your land so that others can not claim it and stop you from playing on the land you are playing on. This would also give a courtesy notice when players enter your land. Of coarse you can always just not use Residence mod but I would highly recommend you do at least make a claim so others do not overlap with your fun.

-Digi

midgaBandrik
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian

All my <3's

I definitely see Midga's point that we're all pals here, but it's great for times when you're working on a delicate redstone contraption and don't want someone accidentally messing it up while you're away. Plus, creeper protection for your finest creations? Yes, please!

How to claim land

Run around and find a place you want to build. Take a look at yourself on the DynMap and make sure you are not on an existing claim.

There are two ways to select land;

A) If it is just a general area you want to claim, you can stand in the middle and type

/res select X Y Z

This will make a selection of land X, Y, and Z in each direction. For example if you are standing on 0 64 0 and you type

/res select 10 1 10

This will select a cube of land from 10 65 10 to -10 63 -10.

Optional: If you want to select from bedrock to build limit type

/res select vert

B) A more precise option is to use the Residence Tool. We have this set to a stick, any stick.

Go to a far corner of the land you want to claim (For example the South West corner) and right click with the stick on a block. This should give you a confirmation of the selected coords.

Go to the opposite corner (in our Example the North East corner) of the land and left click on a block.

(The order of the clicks do not matter and you can set either multiple times until it is correct)

Once you have the two corners selected, type

/res select vert

This will select from bedrock to build limit within the rectangle you created.

Now that you have selected your land, type

/res create MyLand

This will create a claim for you called MyLand and it should now show on the Dynmap as an outlined rectangle and will show the name that you set for it.

I will post more details on other options once you have a claim when I have a bit more time.

Mine On!

-Digi

ErrorNullTurnipBandrik
  • "You don't have access to selections commands."

Using a stick does nothing. The above comes from using /res select vert

BobbyDigi

Thank you. I'll look into it tonight.

-Digi

What's the build height limit on our server?

@CrazyJoe‌ 256

@TiberiusLazarus‌ I attempted to address the issue last night, I think the issue was players still left in the default group. I was able to recreate what you reported with DigiKid's account and resolve it by removing the group but another player online was reporting it not working. Please give it a shot at your convienence and let me know if that works for ya.

-Digi

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    edited May 2014

I tried it out just now. Stick still does nothing. The rest works. You can see my little square on the DynaMap.

BobbyDigi
  • DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso Kelso 'The Great Asshole' San Jose, CA Icrontian

@BobbyDigi‌ so if I wanted, say a 200x200, I should tell you the cords? (my current build site is a little larger than 100x100)

They upped the plots to 500 x 500.

midgaErrorNullTurnipDontCallMeKelsoBandrik

Be aware, if you do get a larger claim, you are still restricted by the 500x500 size limitation if you decide to create subzones. Also, one level of nesting is possible with your subzones (a subzone inside a subzone inside your residence). The commands page Digi posted is pretty useful in helping set it all up, but if you need any help I've gotten pretty familiar with it all.

ErrorNullTurnipBandrik
  • Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian

If there are any derpages in the mod out in the region of X;703 and Z; 1344 I was attempting to create a residence and failed.....badly, and then succeded. just delete if do not seem logical, for they are not.

• d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian

I think I found where I am going to put my town, it looks like a lot of us are around the large "ocean" just south of the spawn on the map, so I am going with a harbor town. I invited some friends to join me and pointed them toward the whitelist thread.

• SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian

We could totes make our own Rivertown. I'm down for that.

• GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited May 2014

So I'm not done with where I am right now, but at some point I may want to take on another project. Is it okay for us to claim multiple areas?

(I am asking from a server rules standpoint, not a technical one).

We are currently limited to two claimed areas by mod settings.

GnomeQueen
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited August 2014

Hmm. I got my boundaries correct, but apparently only set my residence zone to 2 blocks high or something.

Tried to use the /res command to change it to bedrock-build limit, but can't get it to work after-the-fact.

Little help? I'm almost straight south of spawn, across the ocean.

edit: or just delete my residence claim, and I can re-create, now that I'm more aware of the order in which commands have to be entered.

• the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian

ah, I didn't see the '/res remove' command. Got it.

Recommend building a two-or-three-block tall platform to stand on while setting your TP point then tearing it down. TP points have a habit of shifting down.

BobbyDigi