ICMC Event: UPSLynx's AFK Farm & Grinder build

BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats !TX Icrontian

The AFK King delivers! UPSLynx has found a skeleton dungeon so now we have a Skeleton spawner that needs the treatment!

The masterful Error Null Turnip has stepped up to lead the grinder build but he's going to need some help. That is where you come in!

Thursday Night, May 15th at 7pm Pacific, 10PM Eastern we shall gather to clear some land and build a nice area around the grinder. A fishing hole? Food Farms? Cobble Generator? Players need something to do while waiting on them Skeles to spawn. Let's make an area that Lynx or any player would be proud to AFK in.

I've unlocked my Cytube channel. Lets fill it with awesome music before Thursday. Any videos are welcome as long as the audio is music. A little before 7 on Thursday I'll shuffle the playlist and we'll listen to some sweet tunes while we play.

Hope to see you there!

-Digi

ErrorNullTurnip

Comments

• Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian

Could you give coords to the build site (I am far from spawn)

• GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

I also have a skeleton and zombie dungeons near me, if anyone is interested.

midga
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

@Creeperbane2 said:
    Could you give coords to the build site (I am far from spawn)

I will setup a TP as we get closer to Tuesday

-Digi

Thanks @midga for pointing out the Temporary issue with cytube. I've set a couple of 1-10 hour videos to play while people are adding videos and made quite a few vids permanent already. That should allow anyone who wants to to jump in and add music hopefully without it reaching the end of the list and removing any.

-Digi

• colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian

Glad to see it all worked out ^^

• GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

@UPSLynx‌ can you upload our cow slaughter, or give me the file to do it? :D

• SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian

So you guys are making something like this?

• ErrorNullTurnipErrorNullTurnip Illinois Icrontian

Was thinking more along the lines of a crusher setup like the old map. Something like what you'd see in a blaze grinder. The old one had manual and automatic modes for either punching for experience or just item collection.

BobbyDigi
    edited May 2014

Yes, but slightly more user friendly and with the option of auto kill/collect or XP farm.

Edit: Seconds Error. You beat me by seconds. The notification you posted in here popped up as my post was saving.

-Digi

ErrorNullTurnip
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian

I see. Mine is set for a fall of 22 blocks and a punch will kill for xp. Water is released to gather bones and arrows.

• ErrorNullTurnipErrorNullTurnip Illinois Icrontian

Mhm, the problem with drop grinders (at least in the past) is that the server makes for some inconsistent fall damage. I'm also curious if you've noticed any trouble with mobs spawning at different heights and not taking a full 22-block-drop dosage of damage.

Thanks to those that showed up. We now have an awesome place to hang out, grab some XP and unlimited bones, bows and arrows.

If anyone wants to check it out, you can tp to AFK.

-Digi

GnomeQueenmidga
  • Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian
    edited May 2014

I regret missing the event, but I donated an anvil for bow combining and such. Also repaired up all the non enchanted skele bows to between 99 and 100%

Sonorous