Expo 2014 Bike Tour - Street art tour part deux

djmephdjmeph Detroit Icrontian
edited June 2014 in Events

Last year's street art tour was cut short by rain. This year we're going to see the other half of what I had planned for the original tour, plus a few extra spots. I'm working out a route, but in the meantime, let me know if you're in, and let me know if you're going to need a bike. Most likely we will rent bikes from Wheelhouse and get a group rate, so I'll collect money for rentals through Paypal. Just want to get a feel for how many bikes we're going to need.

Stay tuned for route info.

Purchase Bike Rental Here:
http://djmeph.net/epic-2014-detroit-bike-tour.html

View Bikemap:
http://www.bikemap.net/en/route/2643990-expo-icrontic-2014-bike-tour/

In:
(Bike Rental)
Signal
TiberiusLazarus
QCH
malia
Farge
Massalinie
Baklavaster
Dog Dragon
Jay
CannonFodder
FetBacon

(Bringing own bike)
GHoosdum
TroubleBaker
Gargoyle
Magic
CrazyJoe
djmeph

Comments

• djmephdjmeph Detroit Icrontian

If there is anyone that wants to go, but can't afford bike rental, we'll find a bike for you. Rental will be around $15.

LincLeahVoice
  • SignalSignal Icrontian

In. Will need to rent a bike.

• In for rental.

Also can you make it rain again this year? So much fun.

djmephmidga
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian

In case of sufficient rain to necessitate another evac, does anyone have a trailer we have ready? I have a suitable vehicle for towing.

• QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian

IN for rental

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

@TiberiusLazarus said:
    In for rental.

Also can you make it rain again this year? So much fun.

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian

Trucks/trailers are things we do not have access to at ICHQ; it's a recurring issue.

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian

In. I don't need a rental, as long as there's storage space at ICHQ for my bike.

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian

W should go rent the Home Depot truck for bike day (if it looks like rain).

mertesn
  • SignalSignal Icrontian

I'd throw in $5 for a truck rental if there's rain in the forecast. Wouldn't U-Haul be cheaper?

edited May 2014

I mean, we handled it just fine with a couple SUVs last year. I'm not sure renting a truck would've saved us significant time over a second trip - the bike tour doesn't go terribly far from HQ.

djmeph
  • maliamalia Sconnie Nation Icrontian

In for rental. Also, must remember to bring either a warmer shirt or @Ilriyas‌ in case of rain.

mertesnmidga
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian

@Linc said:
    I mean, we handled it just fine with a couple SUVs last year. I'm not sure renting a truck would've saved us significant time over a second trip - the bike tour doesn't go terribly far from HQ.

Very true, just throwing it out.

• CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited May 2014

I'm in. I'll need a bike.

• PinkInDetroitPinkInDetroit Brian's (actual) Waifu Detroit, MI Icrontian

In. don't need a rental. Also pretty sure Evonne will be In as well. She can borrow a bike from me.

• MassalinieMassalinie _k's Waifu Texas Icrontian

Farge and I are in and I'm pretty sure our buddy Baklavaster as well, put us down for three rentals please!

midga

@GHoosdum said:
    In. I don't need a rental, as long as there's storage space at ICHQ for my bike.

No problem, we'll find a safe place for your bike and anyone else who brings one.

Yeah, we handled the rain fine last year with SUVs. I still have the Explorer. If there's enough rain to cut the ride short, we'll figure it out.

I will try to bring more locks and chains this time. (I don't think I brought any last time)

• QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian

@malia said:
    In for rental. Also, must remember to bring either a warmer shirt or Ilriyas‌ in case of rain.

Dont' worry... I'll prob the youngest male to donate his shirt in case you, or any other female, are chilled/wet. That's the kind of gentleman I am... (and probably not too worried about having to do so myself since I will never be the youngest male at these events :) )

Also, I'm going to put the word out for a second team leader. That way the group can split up if need be. Last year we were supposed to have two groups at the end, one which would stay behind for food/drinks, and another that had to get back to ICHQ for Magic qualifying. Any volunteers? (It's preferable that you have experience leading cycling groups, and can perform basic repairs on the road)

edited May 2014

This year the Two James tour is next after this. You'll need to be back at ICHQ at 2:30pm SHARP to attend. I recommend a light snack tho - they don't serve food.

• Why not just bike to the distillery and then back :P

@TiberiusLazarus said:
    Why not just bike to the distillery and then back :P

I do it all the time!

Bad idea aside, we'll need to get the bikes back to Wheelhouse.

@TiberiusLazarus You can bike from the distillery to the house in ~15 minutes, but I do not know the distance from the end of the tour to the distillery. Remember you'll have been biking a long time by then, and I don't know how long the bike rental is for. You'd also need bike locks.

• CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian

GHoosdum said he has a bike that I can borrow so I will not need a bike.

• GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited June 2014

I'm a maybe. If I'm in, I'll bring my bike. I just don't want to miss the distillery tour.

In & bringing bike

edited May 2014

@Gargoyle said:
    I'm a maybe. If I'm in, I'll bring my bike. I just don't want to miss the distillery tour.

You're not going to miss the distillery tour either way.

Garg
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian

In, I'll bring my bike.

Our discounted group rate for bike rental is $10 + tax. We need at least 8 rentals to qualify for the discount.

Please reserve your bike ASAP here:

http://djmeph.net/epic-2014-detroit-bike-tour.html

Signal