Stone Punishment: 2013 Double Bastard Ale

I don't know if I can finish this. That's saying something.

Who here likes hot food? Are you sure? Ok, try this beer.
Linc

Comments

• My favorite untappd entry:
    "If you like this beer you probably like people sticking sharp poker's up your butt. Still better than Coors light"
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    I've been morbidly curious about that beer ever since I heard of it, but I constantly hear people talk about not being able to finish a bottle. It's crazy hot.
  • I give. I am not big enough a masochist to do this. I've been working on it for 2 hours. It isn't that it's too hot, it's that it is too hard to drink. I can't even explain it. I give up. I got about 2/3 done with it. I quit.
    Next time I buy an expensive beer to celebrate something I'll have read about it first. Lesson learned.
  • I dunno, I may have been spending too much money on expensive beers over the past six or seven years, but I can actually enjoy the stuff. I will certainly say that it's not a flavor everyone can enjoy.

• AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

I had the Dragon's Milk Reserve with toasted chilis a couple of weeks ago. It was quite interesting. Doesn't sound like as much heat as you got, but it definitely had some interesting... character.

• d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian

I tried Stone's Chipotle Smoked Porter the other day at a beer fest, it was terrible.

• MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian

I had the beer mentioned in the title and absolutely loved it. Tasted like Tabasco with beer.

• d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian

I might have to try this, I like spicy food. Not sure what I will think of spicy beer.

• GuppyGuppy Warren, MI Icrontian

I'd give it a shot. I'm always up for a spicy beer. The only ones I've had are Dragonmead's Ring of Fire and Saugatuck Brewing Company's Serrano Pepper Ale. But I liked both of them. I want to try Twisted Pine's Ghostface Killah, but I don't think I can get it in Michigan.