Misrepresented in movies

AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut?Meechigan Icrontian

I hadn't really thought about it much until this week, but I really wonder how often it happens.

Wife and I watched "That Awkward Moment" because she loves her some Zac Efron and whatever.

In one scene, his love interest shows up at the door with a bottle and exclaims "I brought Scotch!".

Except... It most certainly was not. I'm not sure if they were a sponsor of the film or not, but every whisk[e]y bottle in the movie that I was able to notice was clearly Bulliet, specifically Rye (green label).

So now my radar is tuned and I'm going to be looking closely whenever something gets mentioned to make sure that's what they're actually talking about.

What's annoying about the scene is that it would have worked just as well saying "I brought whisk[e]y!".

Comments

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian

Propmaster fail.

oni_dels
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

Either that, or they just figured that most people wouldn't notice, or someone had a case of teh dumbz. Or she kept flubbing 'whiskey' for some reason but had no problem getting Scotch out and they just had to go with it.

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian

Or they figure scotch is more upscale, fancy, aristocratic... insert your adjective here?

• d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian

This is why my wife hates watching movies with me, I just lean over in the middle of movie "That isn't what they are saying it is."

Creeperbane2
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian

Hollywood science is best science.

Creeperbane2
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian

This is why I hate watching any movie or TV show about hacking.... "I'm going to reroute the firewall and overload the CPU to steal the database!"

and I just cringe.

Except Hackers, that movie was so bad it was good again. We're gonna hack the gibson.