Icrontic Minecraft Hunger Games 2014

RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
edited May 2014 in Events

Many of you will be sad to learn that @Myrmidon‌ will not be making it to EXPO this year. This makes me sad. This also means that the baton has been passed this year to myself and @TiberiusLazarus‌ for the IC Hunger Games event.

Except... we expect it won't exactly be like hunger games. We made a map, and it turned out to be too big and detailed for a hunger games play style.

I would like to introduce to you: IC Hunger Games Adventure Games 2014!

For this event, we plan on having multiple servers going at once, on different ports. Teams of 4 will race through a pre-designed adventure set with danger, traps, and dastardly GMs ready to stop you in your tracks. The first team to finish wins.

Please use this thread as a pre-signup so we can tell who all is interested.

Lastly, for those who are NOT able to make the actual event, we are interested in setting up a play test at some point in the future. Please reply here if you qualify and are interested as a play tester.

May fortune ever be in your favor. Good luck!

Comments

• SignalSignal Icrontian

In, this sounds fun.

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

play tester

RyanFodder
  • ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian

interesting. in.

• GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

IN!

• QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian

in

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian

I'm interested.

• SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian

So let's pretend somebody hasn't been to Expo in a while and doesn't know what this is...

GnomeQueen
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited May 2014

@Snarkasm said:
    So let's pretend somebody hasn't been to Expo in a while and doesn't know what this is...

Minecraft

• SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian

YUS IN I AM

@Snarkasm said:

Imagine you're 8-bit Jennifer Lawrence and yourself wander from there.

• SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian

@Tushon said:
    Imagine you're 8-bit Jennifer Lawrence and yourself wander from there.

Are my lady parts 8-bit as well?

Tushon
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

I'll do it:

Two or three years ago, @Myrmidon‌ and @TiberiusLazarus‌ started a new event called "Minecraft Hunger Games." MCHG was a meticulously-built Minecraft map that simultaneously ejected all players onto the overworld from an underground chamber. Each small team was charged with one mission: be the last one standing. Teams roamed the landscape in a large, but enclosed area, risking their lives to obtain weapons, armor and other treasure from exposed caches on the open plains. The winning team successfully evaded or murdered the other teams.

Due to software performance limitations of Minecraft, along with other mitigating factors, MCHG is being redesigned this year to be cannonball run through a dangerous gauntlet.

ErrorNullTurnip
  • MassalinieMassalinie _k's Waifu Texas Icrontian

I'm in!

• @Sonorous said:
    Are my lady parts 8-bit as well?

Full 1080p. Don't ask.

• FargeFarge Icrontian

I am so in

• MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian

@Thrax said:
    Due to software performance limitations of Minecraft, along with other mitigating factors, MCHG is being redesigned this year to be cannonball run through a dangerous gauntlet.

What software performance limitations? We had no issue with lag or slowload the previous years, did we? Am I just remembering it through the rosy filter of bygone times?

• d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian

J.Law in 8bit would still be a babe.

• SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian

Interested.

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

@Myrmidon said:
    What software performance limitations? We had no issue with lag or slowload the previous years, did we? Am I just remembering it through the rosy filter of bygone times?

Ejecting from the cavern caused enormous frame rate lag for some people. For example, my start was delayed by several minutes while my client caught up to all the piston physics. Others were simply not ejected from the cavern the first year.

• MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian

I thought we solved that quite handily the second year.

• CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian

Yes, but the second year was plagued by crazy high hunger. Can't wait to see what's in store this year.

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

There should be bigger issues for you than hunger this time...

• ErrorNullTurnipErrorNullTurnip Illinois Icrontian

Oh man, this sounds cool. I'm in for play testing!

RyanFodder
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

We are looking at doing some play testing this weekend.

We have @Tushon‌ and @ErrorNullTurnip‌ for playtesting so far. We need two more! (Note that play testing disqualifies you from participation during EPIC)

Would the two of you and any others who would like to participate post/PM their available times this week / weekend? We're looking for a ~2 hr time block.

• RexxarRexxar Maryland Icrontian
    edited May 2014

Count me in (: for playtesting

RyanFodder

So young, such backwards ):

GHoosdum
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian

@CannonFodder‌ I will try to have the server online so you can play test there as well. Now if I could only remember the admin password.

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

Currently looks like I won't be making it to EPIC so count me in for testing.

(If by chance I do make it to Epic I will be happy enough to be there so no biggie if I can not participate)

PS. I'm going to break your shit ;) It's what I do.

-Digi

RyanFoddercolaGnomeQueen
  • ErrorNullTurnipErrorNullTurnip Illinois Icrontian

@BobbyDigi said:
    PS. I'm going to break your shit ;) It's what I do.

Form a line!

Anytime this weekend is fine with me.

• More ins?