EXPO 2014: First Aid Workshop

HumerusMegHumerusMeg Something, something medical professional, Fitness bitch, Sexy chefAustin Icrontian
edited May 2014 in Events

Hey all, being that my medical question thread was such a hit, I've decided to offer a first aid/critical medical knowledge workshop at EPIC this year. It will be on Saturday morning at 11am. As I know this coincides with the amazing @GHoosdum‌ shaving workshop, if anyone REALLY wants to attend both just let me know. I'd be more than happy to do a small group of people on the side at a convenient time so people can attend the shaving workshop but still learn the medicine stuff later.

My plans are to cover the basics you would want to know in everyday life: how to do the Heimlich maneuver, CPR rules and what in the world an AED is/how to use it. Stroke awareness/signs/what to do. First aid for wounds, burns, simple sprains/strains, best way to remove a splinter etc.

Please let me know if you are interested in coming, as well as, if there are any other topics you would really like to learn more about; and I will see if I can work them in.

:D

mertesnWagsFTWsharkydart

Comments

• HumerusMegHumerusMeg Something, something medical professional, Fitness bitch, Sexy chef Austin Icrontian

I would really like to request that if ANYONE is interested in doing this to please let me know. If I still don't have any responses in the next couple days I will be cancelling this event due to disinterest :(

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

I'd totes do it if I was going and I wasn't a boy scout. :D:D

• d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian

I'd be interested, but I won't be there =(

• DogDragonDogDragon Jacksonville, Fl Icrontian

@HumerusMeg can you re-qualify my AHA for Heartsaver AED card?

• HumerusMegHumerusMeg Something, something medical professional, Fitness bitch, Sexy chef Austin Icrontian

@DogDragon said:
    HumerusMeg can you re-qualify my AHA for Heartsaver AED card?

I can't, not certified as an AHA instructor. Sorry

• NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian

Turning and coughing covered at any point?

GHoosdum
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

@NiGHTS said:
    Turning and coughing covered at any point?

@NiGHTS‌ :

Signal
  • sharkydartsharkydart KY Icrontian

i'm interested

• DogDragonDogDragon Jacksonville, Fl Icrontian

@HumerusMeg said:
    CPR rules and what in the world an AED is/how to use it.

:D

saw this and took a shot no harm in asking

• KaintenanceKaintenance #blametheyouth Kyle, TX Member

I'm in!