Minecraft Server is back up

BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats !TX Icrontian
edited June 2014 in Minecraft

Long story short, server is back up rolled back to Monday May 25th backup.

Long story long, server ran out of space so stopped doing backups, eventually caused database errors which may have lead to world corruption including a chunk right in the middle of a players build. This combination means a screwed up map with nothing recent to fall back on. The last good backup was from May 25th so that is what we had to roll back to.

This means a lot of lost work, I know. I apologize for this. We as admins will try harder to monitor the server so issues like this can not happen again.

Huge thanks to @PirateNinja and @Mantequilla‌ for getting the server back up to 100%.

Mine on Miners,

-Digi

ErrorNullTurnip

Comments

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

Since it's late my brain isn't exactly working. At first I was thinking "But didn't we START this new server on that day?!" Couple minutes till I released I was off by a month :crazy: .

UPSLynxmidga
  • Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian

Well I must rebuild a LARGE chunk of the arena. Don't mind in the least but if people want to donate stone brick and dark oak wood to accellerate the process that would be appreciated and will gain some recognition in a memorial somewhere on the Colosseum grounds, anyone who wishes to donate please drop by at/ res tp Colosseum and leave a chest with a sign, (public that it can be removed later) with your name.

• d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian

I might pop over there and help out Creeper, I am running out of ideas for what to do in my area, some menial labor while I Netflix Star Trek sounds like a fun night.

• GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

@d3k0y said:
    I might pop over there and help out Creeper, I am running out of ideas for what to do in my area, some menial labor while I Netflix Star Trek sounds like a fun night.

I am also minecrafting and netflixing Star Trek! Great minds think alike!

• d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian

Next Generation?

• Yeah really sorry about that folks. The server ran out of space because of Dynmap (the fancy web map) which was using hi-res tiles to make everything look really pretty. I set it to low-res tiles and it should be fine for space now, but like Digi said the damage had been done. I apologize for any lost builds :(

• GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

@d3k0y said:
    Next Generation?

Duhhhh

• AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    edited June 2014

Deep Space 9 supremacy.

Linc
  • ErrorNullTurnipErrorNullTurnip Illinois Icrontian

@Creeperbane2 Added some smoothstone and stone bricks in a chest at the north edge of the area.

• CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian

Lost my cool new unbreaking diamond pick. I still have my Fortune III pick so I'd anyone finds diamond let me know and I'll come mine it for you for a diamond or two.

• The-GentlemanThe-Gentleman warren Member

I'm logging on on a different computer, and don't remember the IP...
    So what is the Server IP?

• The-GentlemanThe-Gentleman warren Member

Thank you! :)