Icrontic WoW Mount Crusade

MikQuattroMikQuattro Icrontian
edited June 2014 in World of Warcraft

A Call to Arms!

Azeroth has a multitude of mounts that need good owners like those here at Icrontic, and we have a duty to rescue them from realms full of poor, abusive, neglectful owners.

I would like to thank Ryder and Celsh for introducing me to my bottled up mount fetish, and I would like to thank Rex for helping me start a Crusade to acquire a few that I have craved for a while now. We sparked great interest in at least a few others, and I think that with a little organization there are many who would enjoy both the Crusade itself and the spoils.

This Crusade is not intended to replace any game time involving weekly raids or gearing up for those, it is more of a supplementary thing, lying somewhere between organized raid nights and a couple of us joining up and doing something spur-of-the-moment like. This would also be great for those who haven't done any of the previous content raids (like me).

Mounts are acquired in many ways, but the initial focus of this crusade would focus on those acquired by achievements, both because they are guaranteed but also because everyone gets one. Perhaps later one we can concentrate on more random mounts.

The initial start list is:

Bloodbathed Frostbrood Vanquisher
--Achieved by Glory of the Icecrown Raider

Corrupted Fire Hawk
--Achieved by Glory of the Firelands Raider

Dark Phoenix
--Achieved by Guild Glory of the Cataclysm Raider

Pandaren Phoenix
--Achieved by Challenge Conqueror: Silver

Please let me know if there are any others that everyone might be interested in which are doable.

It would be nice to have an organized schedule for this Crusade for no other reason than it gives players who wish to join in a time to do so rather than find out they missed it. So I guess it would be best to start with a list of everyone who is interested and when they might be available to join in. Feel free to post up with your input!

I would also like to mention that, due to how much I have appreciated being helped thus far in my Crusade, I promise to help others even after I've got my mounts. So if you do miss anything, we can always go back after it later on.

:)

primesuspectRahnalH102JBoogaloo

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

YOU HAVE MY STAVE

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

I won't be back in wow until late June, but I really want these mounts.

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

I'm mounted ... I mean aroused. I mean uhh uhh

In.

RahnalH102
  • brightbright Icrontian

Can someone from Dragonblight (Realm) join you in your endeavors?

primesuspect

Yep

• ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian

In

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    edited June 2014

Here is a list of all the current Glory of the ... Raider achievements.

There were mount rewards for the Naxxramas raids, but they were removed once Ulduar arrived. However the Black Proto-drake and Plagued Proto-drake can now appear in the Black Market.

There is also the Kro'kron War Wolf from completing "Ahead of the Curve: Garrosh Hellscream". So beat SoO on normal difficulty or higher. Some of you may get this this week even. This one will be unattainable once patch 6.0 hits.

In here is a list of Dungeon and Raid related mounts that you can tackle as a group or on your own (if applicable.)

<

div class="Spoiler">
    When I say "low drop chance" it could be anywhere from <1 to 5%. The average is 1%.
    Classic/Vanilla

--Baron Rivendere's Death Charger: Low drop chance from Stratholme undead gauntlet side.

--Racial Faction Mounts: Yeah not necessarily dungeon related but since they added faction tabards for each race that grant rep from all dungeons it's easy to get exalted with them all while capping Justice or what have you.

--Ahn'Qiraj Battle Tanks: Kill mobs in the temple of Ahn' Qiraj in Silithus. Green, Blue & yellow are very common and will likely drop many times throughout the raid. Red is rare and will give you a Feat of Strength. Sadly they can only be used in that raid. Good for boosting you mount collection numbers for the Barn achievements.

Burning Crusade

--Ashes of Alar: Low drop chance off of Kel'Thas Sunstrider in The Eye

--Swift White Hawk Strider: Another low drop rate from Kel'Thas but this time on Heroic Magister's Terrace on the Isle of Quel'Danas

--Raven Lord: Low drop chance. Defeat Anzu in Heroic Sethekk Halls. Backstory: Anzu was a druid specific boss for the class to learn their flying form, and the druid had to go through a somewhat lengthy lead up quest to summon the boss, and still had a low chance to drop. With the changes Cataclysm brought to flying, druids got their flight form instantly once they hit lvl 60 removing the need for the quest. So Blizz removed the quest chain and just made Anzu an additional boss for heroic mode.

--Fiery Warhorse: Low drop chance from Attumen the Huntsman in Karazahn.

Wrath of the Lich King

--Blue Proto-Drake: Low drop chance off of Heroic Skadi the Ruthless in Utgarde Pinnacle. My friend mocks me about this one saying it doesn't exist and anyone riding one is an illusion or something.

--Bronze Drake: Guaranteed drop from heroic Culling of Stratholme should you make it to the end of the dungeon in time.

--Grand Black War Mammoth: Low drop chance from each giant in the Vault of Archavon in Wintergrasp.

--Black Drake (10 Man) & Twilight Drake (25 Man): Gauranteed drops from Sartharion in Obsidian Sanctum should you defeat him without killing the mini-boss drakes.

--Blue Drake & Azure Drake: Similar to the above except they are low drop chance from Malygos in the Eye of Eternity. Used to be raid size specific but have since been made available on both 10 & 25 man.

--Mimiron's Head: Low drop chance from Heroic 25 man Yogg-Saron in Ulduar. Can appear on the Black Market.

--Onyxian Drake: Low drop chance from Onyxia in Onyxia's Lair. originally a classic raid, this was updated During WoW's 5th Anniversary to be on par at the time (mid Wrath.)

--Invincible: Arthas' steed. Similar to the above has a low drop chance from Heroic 25 man Lich King. Can appear on the Black Market.

Cataclysm

--Vitreous Stone Drake: Low drop chance from Slabhide in the heroic & normal Stonecore.

--Amani Battle Bear: Defeat the first four bosses of Zul-Aman before time runs out. I've read that it's possible to solo this currently but I haven't tried.

--Drake of the North Wind: Low drop chance from Altairus in heroic and normal Vortex Pinnacle

--Drake of the South Wind: Low drop chance from Al'Akir in the Thone of Four Winds

--Flametalon of Alysrazor: Low drop chance from Alysrazor in Firelands. Fiery version of the Raven Lord.

--Experiment 12-B: Low drop chance from Ultraxion in Dragon Soul

--Blazing Drake & Life Binder's Handmaiden: Low drop from normal 7 heroic Madness of Deathwing respectively.

Mists of Pandaria

--Every world boss except for Ordos and Celestials: Low drop chance. Currently the rarest mount in the world is from Sha of Anger due to a bug preventing it from dropping for about 1/3 of the expansion.

--Astral Cloud Serpent: Low chance from Elegon in Mogu'Shan Vaults

--Primordial Raptors: 3 colors. Randomly chosen out of an egg that drops from Horridon in Throne of Thunder. can drop in LFR.

--Primordial Direhorns: 4 colors. Relatively low chance from Zandalari Warbringers. Can be soloed by some geared classes. Recommend you grab a group.

--Krokron Juggernaught: Currently a guaranteed drop from heroic Garrosh. Will drop to a 1% drop on heroic Garrosh once patch 6.0 hits.

primesuspect
  • brightbright Icrontian
    edited June 2014

Swift White Hawk Strider all day.

I farmed that for weeks with a friend, and luckily after the first one dropped the next one dropped 2-3 runs later.

RahnalH102
  • SazbeanSazbean Paladins. Lawful good & violent about it. Chelsea, MI Icrontian

You have my shield & mace....

• MikQuattroMikQuattro Icrontian

What a great response! So looks like we won't be short on interested Crusaders.

@primesuspect‌ - Great! But keep your stave in your pants, please.

@Thrax - I'll be glad to aid you in getting any that you missed....;)

@Tushon - Great! Please see me comment to @primesuspect‌ .

@bright - Of course! Just keep in mind that on achievements that are guild achievements (like the Dark Phoenix), you'll have to do them with your own guild.

@Church4252‌ - Cool!

@RahnalH102‌ - Thanks for the input and the great info! I can tell you that Invincible is at the very tippy top of my list, but it apparently is ultra rare, I've seen posts saying they had 90+ kills before it finally dropped. But I want that mount the most. I was thinking that a good way to do mounts like that (if you can't solo them, and I can't at the moment) would be to go in a group of two or three people that are all committed to each other, so when one person gets the mount, then they continue running the raid until the other gets it. It would take forever, but everyone would get the mount. But I figured I would wait until after we get all the guaranteed mounts first and see who wants to press on with that. Thanks again!

@Sazbean‌ - Nice!

I'm not sure how rigid you all want to get with a schedule considering all the other planned raiding that we have, but I do think it would be a good idea to set up a time, even a loose one. This would prevent interested Crusaders from missing out on a mount they wanted. Considering the great response we had this past Wednesday, how about we shoot for this coming Wednesday around.....7? 8? 9? We can work on the first two on my list in the first post as a start. For those who weren't there, we started working on those, I believe we did the 10 man normal on both (whatever the first step is). For those who want this mount but weren't there, that is what you will need to do before the weekly reset to join in. If you need someone to help, I'm willing.

primesuspectRahnalH102

I'm not sure how rigid you all want to get

I want to get very rigid.

Sazbean
    edited June 2014

@primesuspect said:
    I want to get very rigid.

As long as you keep the stave in your pants...

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

Invincible was one of those mounts guaranteed for completing heroic while the boss was the final content at the time. Someone taking 90+ kills to get him is about right for a 1% drop.

As for time, most evenings are good for me.
    You have my mists!

@MikQuattro said:
    As long as you keep the stave in your pants...

Can I bring my robe and wizard hat?

• MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian

Paging @AgentSheep‌ for the challenge mode one, at least! He's too lazy to get in on the forums, so we'll have to catch him this sunday.

I want to, but I'm currently spending a LITTLE too much time on WoW, what with all the raid leading and trying to get people into pvp. I'll have to squeeze in when I can, though, I definitely want in on a lot of those.

I want to challenge mode so hard! Those armors!

• midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian

Wants the mounts.

@midga said:
    Wants the mounts.

*also, totes need a glyph from you :):)

• midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian

Yeah, I'll log in for a bit tonight. I've been out of town for work...

That was our collective guess when someone asked where you had been recently. Dat oil.

• SazbeanSazbean Paladins. Lawful good & violent about it. Chelsea, MI Icrontian

Are you guys still running these on Weds? I can't make this Wed due to the holiday but next Wed would be awesomesauce...

Hey Sazbean, there hasn't been any runs really (summer, regular raids, etc), but I'm always up for it. If you want to meet up next Wed, or any other time, just let me know. Mikelion is my main character, if I don't answer you in chat (I'm notorious for not paying attention to the chat window), try inviting me to a group, that usually gets my attention.....:)

• CelshCelsh Member

I'm usually up for killing dragons. Also we need to finish our H MSV for the elegon mount and the glory of msv raider!

edited July 2014

@Sazbean‌ ....we'll be doing some stuff this coming Wednesday, at the very least we'll be doing an ICC run, come join us!

@Celsh....Elegon (drool)

Tonight, we rode in icy hell.

RyanFodderBobbyDigi
  • MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian

Grats! Now we can all ride bony dragons togetherrrrr!

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

@Myrmidon said:
    Grats! Now we can all ride bon[e]s togetherrrrr!

FTFY

I was flying from Stranglethorn to Redridge for Archaeology, when I decided to stop by good ol' Karazhan on a whim. Took all of 30 seconds :p