Expo @ ICHQ: What To Bring 2014

LincLinc OwnerDetroit Icrontian
edited June 2014 in Events

Everyone:

• CASH for food tour & misc bill-splitting
  • Computer (laptop recommended)
  • 20+ ft ethernet cable
  • Power strip
  • Optional: Spare mouse/keyboard (we have NONE)
  • Clothing for any weather
  • Beer/mead/cider/wine to share

If you are arriving before Wednesday and want to help paint, bring painting clothes.

If you have a prize for the prize table, let @primesuspect know by Monday the 16th.

If you want to keep your beer private, you must use a marked cooler. We have a few available; you will need to provide your own ice (easily obtainable). The pub & garage fridges will be sharing-only. Contribute at least as much as you drink & in-kind.

House-sleepers:

• Toiletries (we have towels)
  • Air mattress or ground pad (optional, we have a limited supply)
  • Pillow (again, limited supply - USE A PILLOW CASE if you borrow one)

Do NOT bring to ICHQ:

• Speakers for your computer (use headphones)
  • A second monitor (for yourself; limited space)
  • Liquor
  • Leftovers (from anywhere, at all, during the event)
JokkeGnomeQueen

Comments

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited June 2014

I want to say something about that last item.
    Seriously, DON'T do it. You are not special, I am not special, nobody is special. The beer fridge and the kitchen fridge (which, for the most part, is totally off limits) get clogged with stuff all the time at EVERY event.
    "I have been here before, I know what I am doing" - NO!!
    I personally will throw stuff out with no warning.
    If you have leftovers and want to keep them, then arrange your own place (cooler with ice, your car, your hotel room) to keep them, it really is that simple.

For the noobs, no I am not really a meanie and I am not mad, just disappointed ;-)

LincTiberiusLazarusSonorous
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian

Yes, please do not use either kitchen fridge without permission from Brian or I (basically, if you need to make your own meals, you can store a couple ingredients in there, that's about it). No one gets a pass on leftovers. I already can barely find anything in the fridge as it stands.

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian

@Ryder said:

For the noobs, no I am not really a meanie and I am not mad, just disappointed ;-)

Seriously. He's pretty much the nicest guy I know.

PS don't bring leftovers.

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

If you bring leftovers, I'm eating them.

HumanGarbageDisposal

sharkydartGnomeQueenCanti
  • DogDragonDogDragon Jacksonville, Fl Icrontian

LMAO Do not FEED "the Brian" He's only for petting :)

• mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian

My laptop keyboard died. I'm bringing a desktop because Oculus Rift and #FUCKASUS

BobbyDigiThe-Gentleman

@Ryder said:

He mad.

• ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian

@mertesn‌ I am pretty excited to check out the Oculus Rift. Glad you are bringing it up.

@Zanthian said:
    mertesn‌ I am pretty excited to check out the Oculus Rift. Glad you are bringing it up.

It's the original Dev Kit, but you'll get a pretty good feel for how it works. DK2 doesn't ship until after Expo :/

Zanthian
    edited June 2014

@GnomeQueen said:
    Plz bring deodorant.

This x 1000. Also shower. Daily.

GnomeQueen
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

It's sad that it has to be said, but every year has proven that it has to be said: Showering, personal hygiene, washing your clothes, deodorant are very important basic social skills that really, really make it better for everyone else in attendance.

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

I see the potential for a new class. Put up a portable shower in the backyard, water plants at the same time as keeping EXPO smelling nice.

• SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian

Recommended essential for any LAN, cushion for butt.

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited June 2014

If you forget soap or shampoo or a razor or something and need to borrow something in a pinch, please just ask - we have some travel size guys kicking around.

In general: little things that we don't care about at ICSP / ICOK / ICNY (like helping yourself to cereal or someone's soap or whatever) do matter at Expo because there's so many more people. It sucks to find your full bottle/box of [whatever] is gone because 10 people used it for 4 days. Just keep in mind the multiplier in effect for small actions.

mertesnGnomeQueenGarg
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

Is there any computer share happening this year?

I don't own a laptop capable of gaming right now. I really only want to play in the TF2 tourney though, can I bum a PC?

• GuppyGuppy Warren, MI Icrontian

@UPSLynx I might have one you could use.

PirateNinja
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited June 2014

@UPSLynx said:
    Is there any computer share happening this year?

I don't own a laptop capable of gaming right now. I really only want to play in the TF2 tourney though, can I bum a PC?

This is relevant to my interests also

Edit: I am taken care of. <3

-Digi

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

I'll have a laptop.

• CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian

@primesuspect said:
    If you bring leftovers, I'm eating them.

HumanGarbageDisposal

If Brian doesn't, I will. I'm poor.

• BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian

What about TV and vidgame usage in the Great Room? Is that a "help yourself" or a "ask permission first" sort of thing?

I ask because at some point I would like to set up some casual Smash Bros Brawl gaming on the Wii for anyone interested in playing.