Omg help me turn off autobrightness/ vari-bright I'm going crazy

GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz QueenMountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
edited July 2014 in Science & Tech

Hi all,

I am going nuts. For some reason, about a week ago, my main monitor suddenly started changing the overall brightness of the display to reflect whatever is on it. It's driving me batty, and I can't figure out how to change it. It's only happening on my main monitor, but my secondary one is a POS so it may not even have that ability.

I've done a bunch of googling and have tried a variety of options (I can't remember what I've done, so I can't tell you all of them). Most of the guides I've found on it are to fix the issue for laptops or tablets (because it can be power related) and the solutions for those have not worked because I don't have a laptop. I've tried looking through monitor options, windows 7 options, and catalyst options, but for most of them, the button they claim is there is not.

Information:
Radeon 5870
Windows 7 64 bit
Samsung SyncMaster F2380

omg please help i'm going nuts i love you

Comments

• BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited July 2014

Looking at the manual (page 25), it seems it's a feature called MagicBright. The option should be under "Picture" in the monitor's menu/setup.

JokkeBobbyDigiLincErrorNullTurnip
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

@BlackHawk said:
    Looking at the manual (page 25), it seems it's a feature called MagicBright. The option should be under "Picture" in the monitor's menu/setup.

hoooo. How do I open the monitor's menu?

• BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited July 2014

According to the manual, under the logo there's a capacitive button called "menu". Right by the button you use to turn the monitor on. Page 23 of the manual explains the buttons.

JokkeBobbyDigiLincErrorNullTurnip
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

The button labeled "menu" on the monitor. See page 3-4 and 3-5.

@BlackHawk said:
    According to the manual, under the logo there's a capacitive button called "menu". Right by the button you use to turn the monitor on. Page 23 of the manual explains the buttons.

OMG I THINK IT'S FIXED I LOVE YOU.

Part of the problem is that the wiring is going on my button keys. I think that's why it got turned on to begin with-- and why my prior messing with the buttons did nothing. THANK YOU SO MUCH YOU ARE THE PRETTIEST I LOVE YOU

Well now I feel dumb that you guys found the answer so quickly. #BadLibrarian

GHoosdum

@GnomeQueen said:
    Part of the problem is that the wiring is going on my button keys. I think that's why it got turned on to begin with-- and why my prior messing with the buttons did nothing. THANK YOU SO MUCH YOU ARE THE PRETTIEST I LOVE YOU

LincErrorNullTurnip