Organized League of Legends Games - 8/13/14

BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats !TX Icrontian
edited August 2014 in Gaming

I think it would be fun to put together some serious games with teams that can plan strategies beforehand. I am thinking 2 teams, best out of 3 will give us the ability to accommodate more than 10 players. I have already spoken with 2 players, whom have shown exemplary knowledge of the game, about being captains and they have agreed to lead.

If you are interested in participating (For Fun! All skill levels welcome!), please post here along with your strong points / skill level in LOL and I will put you into the pool.

Friday 8/8/14 7pm Pacific, 10pm Eastern will be the cutoff for throwing your champion in the ring. At that point, the 2 captains and I will go through the draft process to pick the teams. They will then be posted as soon as they are finalized.

Wednesday 8/13/14 will be game night. 2-3 games will be played depending on who wins. Everyone on the team will be required to play in at least 1 of the first two games. The 3rd game will only be played as a tie breaker.

Some time late next week, presuming we have at least 10 players total, I will start working with the captains to have them take turns drafting players. I will have to cut off the sign ups at that point so late players do not throw off the balance. We will then decide on a date good for both of them and then they can pick their players for the games.

@bright‌ @cola‌ @Canti @Church4252 @Ilriya @RahnalH102 @ZealocktheGreat @UPSLynx @FreshyP @Spectralfire @GnomeQueen @CannonFodder‌ @Aalonz‌ @Myrmidon @MiracleManS @shwaip‌ @UPSNateDog‌ @Preacher‌ @Rexxar‌

Pretty please tag anyone that I may have missed to call attention to this.

In to the fray!

-Digi

Linc

Comments

• MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian

Count me in if I'm available! My strengths tend to Support and Top Lane, but I can Jungle or Mid if you need. Please don't ask me to ADC, it will only end in tears. If we're being somewhat serious it's better if I don't drink because that will not end well.

I'm ranked Bronze IV, but I also only play ranked when almost blackout drunk.

BobbyDigi
  • ZealocktheGreatZealocktheGreat SkyCaptain Captain of the Sky Icrontian

I shall join in this as well.

BobbyDigi
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

I'd like to play! I'm a bad, though. Level 13. I've mostly been playing Soraka, Sona, and Annie, so support and, uhhh...whatever Annie is. AP something.

BobbyDigi
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

I could do this :) I'm probably marginally better than jackie, worse than most others /s

GnomeQueenBobbyDigi
  • MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian
    edited August 2014

Mmmmmaybe in for this. @Aalonz and I made our run to lvl 30 together and I used to play ADC for the Icrontic team (later spunoff into Occupy Baron). I try to diversify, but bottom lane (@aalonz and I used to duo bot for OB) and mid assassins are probably my best bet. I'm also horribly out of practice - I played up to gold in S3 then promptly stopped playing ranked - just the bare minimum to get Elise for freesies. I have no idea what's happened since S4.

Also, I'm dampersand in game, since I know the question came up on Wednesday!

BobbyDigi
    edited August 2014

You need to page @VVinfr3y. @Winfrey. Whatever. also @cherplunka‌ and @ChAInMAIdeN‌ .

BobbyDigi
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

I'd be down. Regularly playing with friends is much better then with the random pubs and emotionless bots.

BobbyDigi
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian

Interested, support main but can fill all roles other than mid.

Who are the captains?

BobbyDigi
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian

Top, Jung, or Mid my best areas are Top or Jungle as Zac

BobbyDigi
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

Officially putting in my interest. I Support. Level 12. Prefer to support Bottom lane.

@NiGHTS said:
    Who are the captains?

Team Scum: cola
    Team Trash: NateDog

-Digi

GnomeQueen
  • ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian

in

BobbyDigi

So we have an overwhelming amount of support players, I'll fill jungle/top/mid as needed.

It's easiest to practice against people you know/can learn from, so I might as well try mid.

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

I'm bronze 1 ish level ADC or Mid lane or support. I CAN jungle or top if I have to but I'm not very good IMO.

BobbyDigi
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

Right I should say my roles.
    In descending order of preference Top>Mid>Support>Jungle>ADC/Marksman
    In descending order of experience Support>Jungle>Top>Mid>ADC

To put it another way, I can fulfill any role but prefer the solo lanes.

• CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian

Sure, I'll scum.

Shit tier AP mid, ADC, and support for me.

BobbyDigi

@Canti said:
    Sure, I'll scum.

Shit tier AP mid, ADC, and support for me.

When @Canti hits his stride, he's one of the more competent ahri/orianna types I've seen. don't listen to this 'shit tier' stuff.

UPSLynxRyanFodder
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

@Myrmidon said:
    When Canti hits his stride, he's one of the more competent ahri/orianna types I've seen. don't listen to this 'shit tier' stuff.

HE'S THE WORST AHRI I HATE HIM
    dies endlessly

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

I'll do anything but jungle, probably support and and top equally meh and ADC/mid equally okay.

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

You know me, top is my bread and butter. Can also mid or jung for food.

BobbyDigi
  • ZealocktheGreatZealocktheGreat SkyCaptain Captain of the Sky Icrontian

Experience matching preference this is my order of roles descending.

Supp>Top>Duo Top>Mid>Adc>Jung

• shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited August 2014

I'm interested, but I'm still not really able to commit to a certain time on weeknights. Weekends are a bit of a different story.

I can supp and adc (at a bronze II level) and I can probably play the other roles at pretty close to that level (also lucian top is the light). I'm a shitty jungler tho.

edit: Since I can't commit, you can always see if I'm online (either lol or steam) if you need a fill.

BobbyDigi

Updated OP with more precise dates. Sign up cut off and draft will be this Friday night, the 8th. Games will be Wed the 13th.

We currently have 13 sign ups (including shwaip as a maybe). If Wed night does not work for you, please step down, hopefully you can join us next time.

-Digi

edited August 2014

Judging by the OP, it seems we must pre-select a champion, Y/N? Or would you prefer to have the teams form up themselves?

If we are pre-picking champions, then I shall throw my chips in on Doublelif- I mean, Vayne.

Once the teams are selected, the teams will work together with their captain to select the champions to use in each of the games.

-Digi

• colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian

If people are interested in running games to get reacquainted with League or just to practice, I'm on most nights and am more than happy to play with Icronticfolk

BobbyDigi

Ditto the above, would love to play with you guys

• FreshyPFreshyP Don Cheadle Cyberspace Icrontian

Strictly jungle main, Silver 4. Reporting for duty.

BobbyDigi
    edited August 2014

Nevermind what I said earlier, enjoy "BeerDouche" as some of you call him.

BobbyDigi

Bump. Draft has been pushed back to Saturday night. If you know of anyone who doesn't frequest the forum that would want to play, hit em up!

-Digi

• MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian

I keep realizing this stuff is happening during the week. Just can't commit during the week right now :( Sorry folks.