Welcome Zealock (new 90)

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian

@ZealocktheGreat‌ hit 90 tonight :)
Welcome!

ZealocktheGreat

Comments

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

And now you shall join the grinder of chasing next level gear!

ChoochZealocktheGreat
  • ZealocktheGreatZealocktheGreat SkyCaptain Captain of the Sky Icrontian
    edited August 2014

My thoughts in order...ahem
    A thread somebody else made? Just about me!?! EEEEEEE!!!

That pictures old I've gained weight since then.

Oh right...next level gear...oh God what fresh hell have I wrought upon myself?...

oh right I should probably thank people um...yes

Thank you all for making me feel just as special as my mommy tells me I am

and a special Thank you to @RahnalH102 for healing and helping me through to 60 I couldn't have done it without you...well I could have, but I might have contemplated suicide.

I suppose I should throw out my preferred roles here. I'm set to Tank, and I'm generally good at that, but I can dps or at this point even heal (with a bit of timeless isle grinding) I must regret to mention that I do not know the raids that well.

RahnalH102
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

No prob. Start with Timeless grinding, get some 496 gear, then jump in to LFR. I'd start your cloak quest IMMEDIATELY, and running ToT and SoO for sigils will teach you the fights.

As always, we're here to help!

• MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian

Yer mine nao, boah.

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

Lots of people are willing to help getting timeless with you for valor now. Hit us up in guild chat or mumble!

• midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian

Ef timeless, that place a shit. If you're gonna go there, use the buddy system.

Myrmidon

@midga said:
    Ef timeless, that place a shit. If you're gonna go there, use the buddy system.

Why... can't I helpful, awesome, and lulz this?

I got the chests on timeless and then ignored it completely, geared through raids instead.

midga
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

A little history and the plan:
    Zealock got me into WoW all those years ago and he's been playing off and on ever since. He prefers to tank and tends to do better DPS as tank then when he is in a DPS spec. He has tanked some raids when they were current top content but doesn't have a whole lot of experience at that level. He greatly dislikes PvP so the plan we came up with was to gear through LFR that way he can observe or practice raid tanking regularly. When we do make trips to the Timeless Isle, I'll be there to help keep him alive, and even if he goes alone he'll have the tools I've found to help keep you alive and going about your business, despite the best efforts from the gankers.

I'm also considering going Myrmidon's route and gearing for all 3 specs on my monk so that I can tank with Zealock or for anyone else in the future.

@RahnalH102 said:

I'm also considering going Myrmidon's route and gearing for all 3 specs on my monk so that I can tank with Zealock or for anyone else in the future.

A bold plan. Welcome to the brotherhood.

Well after a long day grinding timeless isle by my onesey I got my I lvl to 492. I wanted to get it higher, and I could have too if it wasn't for those meddling burden drops...so that's what I've done with my new 90 so far...should probably stick to lfr though right?

• Man I wish I had got you into the tot runs I did today. Next Tuesday I will be doing them again though.

It's true. @Celsh runs raids on Tuesday like, from TBC to WoD. I got home at 5 pacific and she'd already accrued 1000 valor, completed, the two awful pvp quests for the cloak, and busted down two ToTs. I assume ordos and celestials were in there.

By the way, you should be killing celestials once per week, resetting on tuesdays. See this: http://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/1mkwf8/faq_im_a_fresh_90_how_do_i_gear_up_patch_54/

...and I lvl 496 just barely, but I'm there thank God I can do this guys I really can.

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

It gets faster once you hit LFRs in your stride :) There are so many you can do at this stage.

• CelshCelsh Member
    edited August 2014

If I'm online and you want a verbal walkthrough for SoO lfr I am usually available!
    Also if you start the sigils quest for your cloak I will get you through all the raids that drop them (You can get sigils done in one week if you feel crazy and are a bit lucky)

( @Myrmidon‌ It was 2 Ordos and 1 Celestials)

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Just finished my Sigils. Took two weeks with a bit of luck