Comments

• ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian

FOR THE HORDE!!!

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

What role will the Alliance play?

Ryder

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

In the lore written thus far, Grom did in fact drink the chalice tainted with the blood of Mannoroth. Hellscream and his orcs rampaged across the land and wrecked shit.

Wonder how this different history is explained.

• pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian

Yeah, I was wondering that as well.

• MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian
    edited August 2014

Garrosh goes back in time to warn these assholes, manipulate them into being assholes for different reasons. My guess is by being all like 'oh hay guise, just so you know, old gods >> demons under fallen titan, also you get to keep your mind so that's pretty baller. Tell Gul'dan to fuck off and come visit Azeroth so we can sacrifice virgins and have an old god party.' And then, later in the expansion, Blizzard'll be all like 'get retconned, Draenor! You have old gods now too!' and we'll meet YET ANOTHER one.

I think I heard 'em say that the outlands will still exist, so they're probably tying azeroth this fancy new draenor up with an alternate universe or some shit. Taking bets that we'll see nozdormu vs the world where he has to defeat chromie's seven evil exes before they pass into the world's heart and develop a plague that will destroy all life on azeroth. In the mountains.

EDIT: fuck planets, man.

TiberiusLazarusTushon

tl;dr: time travel bullshit

The whole second paragraph was chock full of silly references. :(

TiberiusLazarusTushon
  • Good news, everyone! Second paragraph was good.

• ZealocktheGreatZealocktheGreat SkyCaptain Captain of the Sky Icrontian

I doubt a new old god will be introduced as in order for there to be an old god there has to be a vast quantity of bugs involved. Of course if there ARE bugs then yes there will be old gods all over that bitch. Maybe we could even get Nyarlathotep this round eh?

Of course there will be bug creatures. What do you think the arrakoa eat, anyway?

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

The story is that Garrosh, after his war crimes tribunal, escapes imprisonment and goes back in time, to convince Grom that they don't need the blood of Mannoroth to gain the power they seek. He creates an Iron Horde to do exactly what he wanted to do in MoP: Overrule Azeroth. The dark portal still gets built but by Garrosh's command (or Grom's? Not sure on this point), but Draenor remains intact because the Iron Horde fights off the Burning Legion.

In this new timeline, a portal remains between existing Azeroth ('reality') and New Draenor ('alternate'). The 'real" Horde and Alliance must go back in time to stop Garrosh/Grom from letting the Iron Horde do the same thing that the demons failed to do.

Not sure if there's a larger, darker driving force behind them (demons, Sargeras, old god, etc.).

Things to note: When Grom rejects Mannoroth, it is Garrosh that launches the assault, using weapons from the future (the Iron Star is the big tell).

edited August 2014

I don't know how you guys feel about it, but I do like how they are going back to the first story of
    Orks: KILL THA UMIES!!!
    Humans: FOR THE EMPEROR!!!

Give or take a few nouns...

I believe I speak for all of us when I say WAAAAGH

• RexxarRexxar Maryland Icrontian
    edited August 2014

After reading World of Warcraft Rise of the Horde and War Crimes this greatly interests me. Everything lore wise is tossed out the door and now Blizzard can take any approach on how they want to handle this. Darn, this makes me want to go back to the horde so bad :P

More importantly what will Rexxar be like in this different timeline :O

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

@Myrmidon said:
    Of course there will be bug creatures. What do you think the arrakoa eat, anyway?

There are giant dragonflys (mount) and uncorrupted ravagers.

@Thrax said:

Time travel has always been a part of the lore, from the very beginning. It doesn't exactly feel "kludged in". There's an entire dragonflight of time manipulators.

• @Thrax said:

DMTT

ThraxTushon
  • RexxarRexxar Maryland Icrontian

An Explanation to the trailer :D

Revealed at Gamescom: Final boss of WoD will be alternate-timeline Grom Hellscream

• SusurroSusurro Dubuque, IA Icrontian

I have to say that I'm disappointed in this cinematic. Granted, it's gorgeous and well done, but it doesn't tell me anything about what's going on in this expansion. I'd watch this movie, for sure...but what is this game?

If I don't know the lore, I'm completely lost. There are some orcs and some other orcs and some green goo...I see one orc save another one from an explosion...I don't know what I'm supposed to be afraid of or doing.

Pandaria may not have had a big bad in the trailer, but it was emphasizing that we'll be exploring a new land. This cinematic tells me that something happened 35 years ago and I might be dealing with the consequences?

That said, I'm very much looking forward to the expansion!

RyanFodder

Good usage of the term big bad. Maybe Blizz will cross this over with Buffy and we'll see The First influence Garrosh to maybe stop being such a little bitch. Y/N?

@TiberiusLazarus said:
    DMTT

Dispositifs mutualisés de transfert de technologies!!!

I believe that the cinematic was an apology to those who have been with Warcraft from the beginning. "Here's a cinematic that only Warcraft fans can fully grasp. Okay now that should make up for the Asian accents...now onto our next task making up for panda bellies."

primesuspect

I agree. This was 100% for those who have stuck around; even Warcraft players (Not the MMO). If you've paid even 10% attention to some of the lore, or read quest text while leveling, you probably know what's going on here.

For those who don't give a crap about lore, at the very minimum this is a look at a "darker", more battle-focused WoW. There was a tide of feedback that WoW had gotten too bright and cartoony with MoP. This takes the game back to Draenor; battle, orcs, demons, where it began.

ThraxJBoogaloo

ZealocktheGreatJBoogaloo

I believe I speak for Prime when I say our point exactly Church.
    Maybe this will end up like Indiana Jones. They took most of the awesome from the second and put it into the third.

That's just my opinion no need spreading it around or anything.

All I know is that my body is ready. Gearing up and exploring new lands is my favorite part of this game. Raiding before it turns into a chore is pretty cool, too.

TiberiusLazarusTushon