ICMC: Twisting. Turning. Through The. Nether!

BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats !TX Icrontian
edited July 2014 in Minecraft

All it is...

The magical Dragon Egg has revealed our worlds secrets and we now have the coords of some magical places. Namely a Mesa, a Mooshroom Island and a Spiked Ice Planes. To explain further, these three areas each have special treasures for us that we can't get anywhere else! The Mesa has tons of baked clay blocks and red sand. The Mooshroom Island has mycelium. Spiked Ice planes have Packed Ice.

Was and will be..

The plan is to adventure through the Nether (starting from spawn) to the necessary coords, build a portal, hop through and explore. As we venture to each new biome, I will create a TP for easy travel, exploring, and mining from then on.

ever...

Meet up on mumble around 6:00/9:00 on Friday the 25th. We'll probably head out around 6:15pm Pacific, 9:15pm Eastern.

I would like to get a little bit of feedback from anyone interested in our Nether Adventure over the next couple days here and we'll head out some time late this week. Thursday, Friday, or Saturday.

Twisting. Turning. Through The Nether.

-Digi

Sonorous

Comments

• DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso Kelso 'The Great Asshole' San Jose, CA Icrontian

Any day! Am still unemployed :/

BobbyDigi
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian

What does it mean when I caught the reference to the Metallica song before I even finished reading the thread title?

BobbyDigi
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

@Canti said:
    What does it mean when I caught the reference to the Metallica song before I even finished reading the thread title?

It means you deserve a high 5!

-Digi

CantiRahnalH102BandrikJBoogaloo
  • Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian

So then, to the gates of Hell....we march! (Good any time) And @DontCallMeKelso I hear ya man, same boat right here.

BobbyDigi
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited July 2014

Sounds awesome! I can just taste the ADVENTURE! Just give at least a full day's heads up and I'm game.

For a list of things people should bring, I HIGHLY recommend the following...

• Food
    • Healing potions
    • Potions of fire protection (can swim in lava!)
    • Armor, preferably with blast and fire protection enchants
    • Decent pickaxe
    • Spare wood and a stack or two of cobble to make stone tools
    • Sword and Bow to take out baddies like ghasts (just leave pigmen alone lol)
    • A bed to sleep in, instantly refills life and food meters (trust me)
    • What NOT to bring: ANYTHING YOU CAN'T AFFORD TO LOSE to a fiery death in lava

On that note, should someone die (and it will happen) and we're wayyyyy out in the nether, then what? Will you TP them to the party to keep the fun alive, or are they out of the running for the night?

BobbyDigi
  • ErrorNullTurnipErrorNullTurnip Illinois Icrontian

In.

As @Bandrik said:
    • Potions of fire protection (can swim in lava!)

Super useful in the nether, even if it's just for accidental falls. I'll be bringing a bunch of these to spread around.

BobbyDigi

Perhaps the Dragon Eggs magical powers will keep the group together ;-) nothing to worry about there.

Only thing I would add to Bandrik's list is perhaps a stack of gravel or sand and ladders so we can pillar up or down if needed.

I will be bringing along an Ender chest for extra storage. Everyone coming is welcome to store anything you want to keep extra safe and I'll be happy to give you access whenever needed (and safe to do so).

Going with Friday. See you guys then!

-Digi

ErrorNullTurnip
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian

Should be in!

BobbyDigi

Bump for Adventure!

If you need anything, let us know. Quite a few community members have surplus supplies that will make it safer for you traveling through this hellish dimension on our way to the treasure.

Hope to see you all tonight!

-Digi

• GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

Will there be opportunity for late people to catch up, do you think? I might be a little late.

BobbyDigi
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

I'm in, but will be late coz west coast chumpy.

BobbyDigi
    edited July 2014

@GnomeQueen said:
    Will there be opportunity for late people to catch up, do you think? I might be a little late.

The reach of the Dragon Egg's magic is far and wide and I am sure if you show up later, joining in on the Adventure will not be a problem :D

-Digi

GnomeQueen
    edited July 2014

The Nether Adventure was another great success. Thanks for everyone who made it. Good time had by all.

The new TP points are as follows:

Spike Ice Biome
    /res tp spiked

Mooshroom Island
    /res tp mooshroom

Mesa
    /res tp mesa
    /res tp AwesomeTree

Feel free to mine at any of these biomes but try not to mine directly around the spawn points.

-Digi

SonorousBandrik
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian

Sorry I couldn't make it, got a spur-of-the-moment invite to go to the Detroit Maker Faire. Glad to hear the Nether Adventure was a success. =)

• DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso Kelso 'The Great Asshole' San Jose, CA Icrontian

I dug more east to 600x650z, set up the nether portal but didn't light it. Would anyone like to join in the exploration?
    /res tp KelsoExplore1

Turned out to be an island, tho there were a lot of horses.