Water and Horses - Broke?

QCHQCH Ancient GuruChicago Area - USA Icrontian

So two issues since the 1.8 lease. I know the server hasn't been updated but things seemed to have broken.

1) I cannot get water to flow. I place it on a block and it just stays there. How can I build my grinder without water? It worked last weekend...
2) When I found my home, I had several horses in my area... now? All gone and none anywhere close.

Comments

• midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian

Did you make sure to enable flow in your area? I can't remember the commands offhand, but I can dig them up if you need.

As far as the horses are concerned, I've had that happen with animals on my lot. Dunno what to tell you, they just kinda got goned. =/

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited September 2014
    1. Residence "flow" flag is false by default. Do this:

/res set flow true

2 . Don't know. If I remember correctly horses do not despawn but those buggers sure do wander. If you had been in the area working it is possible they have wandered into caves, ravines or even killed themselves on cacti. Catch me online and we'll see what we can do.

-Digi

• CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian

I had my horse penned up in my sheep poem and he's now gone, along with his shiny gold armor. No idea where it went to, no way it really could have gotten out unless they can jump fences on their own.

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

I don't know what to tell you about the horses guys. In @QCH‌ 's case it is possible the mob cap on the server was hit and the horses had to despawn. A tamed horse with armor on I have no explanation for. It didn't happen server wide as there are quite a few horses that don't seem to have been effected. We don't have to resources to look into everything that happens on the server. Best I can say is let me know if there was anything you feel can not be gotten again and we will work on replacing them.

@CrazyJoe‌ I left a saddle and gold horse armor in the chest right next to your tp point.

-Digi

• QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian

Flow is back, thanks guys. Horse isn't an issue but I was going to bred them. Any plans on updating to 1.8?

• CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian

I'm not too concerned about my horse, it was just nostalgia as I found her the first night we created the server.