Pop Quiz, Coconut [Monty Python Nerdery]

KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired)By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
edited September 2014 in Lifestyle
This discussion was created from comments split from: Pop quiz, hotshot [Who Framed Roger Rabbit nerdery].

The rules of pop quiz challenges are:

1. You may construct neither your question nor your answer with anything other than your memory.

2. You _may_ construct new questions in the natural course of re-watching movies/episodes. The point is: no searching out things to stump someone, because...

3. There's no running score; the goal is not to stump. It's the love the game and stretching 5% further into the Python universe than you thought you knew.

4. Don't interfere with challenges not directed at you.

Comments

• KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian

Why is there no "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" version of this game?

• KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited September 2014

@mertesn said:
    Because nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.

That's from Flying Circus. You fail. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person.

Basil
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

@Kwitko said:
    Why is there no "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" version of this game?

Let's do dis.

• mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian

@Kwitko said:
    That's from Flying Circus. You fail. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person.

Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries.

I'm well aware it wasn't from Holy Grail.

I believe you.

Not.

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited September 2014

Rules? Pffft, who says we can't Python up in her'

@Kwitko‌ Pop quiz hotshot: "This bird is" what? "It has" what?

Edit: I'm going with general Monty Python universe trivia, why narrow it down to one film?

-Digi

• @BobbyDigi‌ pop quiz hotshot: Which three members are supposed to burst out of which wooden object, taking the French completely by surprise?

• IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    edited September 2014

@UPSLynx pop quiz hotshot: What was it that saved our brave heroes from the dreaded monster to which Beldevere exclaimed AAAAuuuuughhh

• BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian

Pop quiz hotshot: What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

• ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited September 2014

@BuddyJ said:
    Pop quiz hotshot: What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

Pop quiz hotshot: What, african or european swallow?

@Ilriyas said:
    UPSLynx pop quiz hotshot: What was it that saved our brave heroes from the dreaded monster to which Beldevere exclaimed AAAAuuuuughhh

The animator had a fatal heart attack.

Also: Bedevere.

ardichokeIlriyas

@Kwitko‌ - Pop Quiz, hotshot: How do you know she's a witch?

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

@ardichoke said:
    Pop quiz hotshot: What, african or european swallow?

Pop quiz, Hotshot: How do you know so much about swallows?

• @CB - You just have to know these things when you're a king.

• IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian

@AlexDeGruven said:
    Kwitko‌ - Pop Quiz, hotshot: How do you know she's a witch?

If she weighs the same as a duck...then she's made of wood, and therefore A WITCH!!!!!!!!!!!

@CB Pop quiz, Hotshot: What weapon is used to defeat the dreaded man-killing rabbit and what is significant about it.

• Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited September 2014

Because there were no survivors of the people eating rabbits.

BTW
    I prefer "The Meaning of Life"

Why are people answering each others' questions?????

@BobbyDigi‌, I'm rusty on my Flying Circus trivia (nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more), but here's my guess:

This bird is an ex-parrot! It has ceased to be! Bereft of life, pushing up the daisies, shuffled off this mortal coil, etc...

BobbyDigi

The bird is a Norwegian Blue and he has Beautiful Plumage

BobbyDigi
  • "This parrot is no more. It has ceased to be"

BobbyDigi

Let's make this general Monty Python.

Up for grabs: Name one of the cheeses in the Cheese Shop sketch that doesn't actually exist

BobbyDigi‌, I'm rusty on my Flying Circus trivia (nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more), but here's my guess:

This bird is an ex-parrot! It has ceased to be! Bereft of life, pushing up the daisies, shuffled off this mortal coil, etc...

Excellent guess.

Full credit granted since I replaced Parrot with Bird in the original quote.

@ardichoke said:
    BobbyDigi‌ pop quiz hotshot: Which three members are supposed to burst out of which wooden object, taking the French completely by surprise?

I know it is a wooden Rabbit. I don't remember the characters names though. I remember them laying in wait outside the castle and the guys explaining the 3 of them were to jump out. Who? The three of us. /Facepalm

Editing the first post to add the Pop Quiz rules as defined by Linc.

Notably:

1. Don't interfere with challenges not directed at you.

-Digi

@AlexDeGruven‌ Pop Quiz Hotshot! Where was Brian during "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life"?

-Digi

• ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited September 2014

@BobbyDigi said:
    I know it is a wooden Rabbit. I don't remember the characters names though. I remember them laying in wait outside the castle and the guys explaining the 3 of them were to jump out. Who? The three of us. /Facepalm

Bedevere: Galahad, Lancelot and I, LEAP out of the rabbit, taking the French by surprise

Or something to that effect.

@BobbyDigi said:
    AlexDeGruven‌ Pop Quiz Hotshot! Where was Brian during "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life"?

-Digi

On the cross.

BobbyDigiRyanFodder

Does Fawlty Towers count?

Canti

@AlexDeGruven said:
    Does Fawlty Towers count?

It's an outskirt... More John Cleese and less Monty Python. Throw em out there. I, for one, probably won't know most of them.

-Digi

@BobbyDigi said:

Ehh. Unless we have true fans, I'm not going to waste the cycles on it :)

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited September 2014

@Ilriyas said:
    CB Pop quiz, Hotshot: What weapon is used to defeat the dreaded man-killing rabbit and what is significant about it.

The Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch, basically an explosive version of the Holy Orb bestowed by God unto Attila the Hun (St. Attila), is used to defeat the rabbit with fangs like THIS.

It has many significant properties, including a very specific number which must be counted to in order that it may be thrown (Two is not enough, unless you proceed to three afterward, and four is too much. Five is right out). Also, angels sing when it is thrown.

@Ilriyas Pop Quiz, Hotshot: What punishments do the women of Castle Anthrax demand from Sir Galahad?

Ilriyas

@BobbyDigi‌ Pop quiz, hotshot: What kind of commune did the filth-farming peasants live in?