The Icrontic WoW 2014 discussion

Comments

• MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    Or just log off for 5 minutes, come back and continue. Horde only really dicks at main places like Honor Hold. After you hit 62 and leave BL, you wont have much of an issue.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Too late, he already /gquit. Dem jimmies was rustled.
    JBoogaloo
  • BHHammyBHHammy Somewhere in Hell Icrontian
    edited December 2013
    I did? As far as I know, Vikos is still active and all, just stationary. I deleted my other two failed toons that I had- the rogue and the 'lock that I'd already stripped.

I'm not gonna delete him right now, he's got too much. I lose nothing by leaving him there until perhaps later if I feel better about it.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Ah, when you deleted them they left guild while a bunch of people were on, so it looked like you rage quit without saying anything (since people weren't monitoring the forums while playing, unlike me and @Thrax with our multi-monitor ADD.
    JBoogaloo
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    MAGIC said:

Or just log off for 5 minutes, come back and continue. Horde only really dicks at main places like Honor Hold. After you hit 62 and leave BL, you wont have much of an issue.

Except the 5 minute rule doesn't count in contested/enemy zones in PvP realms.

PvP is fine and dandy, and I enjoy it from time to time.
    Minding your own business and then dieing in an instant because a "god" decided "Look at this chump. Pew pew." while flying by, lacks any merit whatsoever.
    Tushon said:

unlike me and Thrax with our multi-monitor ADD.

Does 2 monitors count for this?

MAGIC said:

Except the 5 minute rule doesn't count in contested/enemy zones in PvP realms.

PvP is fine and dandy, and I enjoy it from time to time.
    Minding your own business and then dieing in an instant because a "god" decided "Look at this chump. Pew pew." while flying by, lacks any merit whatsoever.
    Tushon said:

For me, it does ;)
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    Tushon said:

For me, it does ;)

Then I am part of this club, I really want a third one, but my card isn't strong enough.
    BHHammy said:

I did? As far as I know, Vikos is still active and all, just stationary. I deleted my other two failed toons that I had- the rogue and the 'lock that I'd already stripped.

I'm not gonna delete him right now, he's got too much. I lose nothing by leaving him there until perhaps later if I feel better about it.

My apologies, I misunderstood :)

• JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Found this gem, for all you awesome healers...

• pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    OK. Prime convinced me to come back. I have a 60 Night Elf warrior and a 22 Night Elf druid. Wondering which one I should boost to 80. Always preferred the warrior but just wondering what the guild thinks. I most likely will not play multiple toons since I don't have the time.
    primesuspectJBoogaloo
  • My opinion is to always play what you enjoy.

That said, how long has it been since you've played? Would it be worth spending a few hours poking around each of the classes you might want to boost before you do so just to see if you like the new styles?
    midga
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian

My opinion is to always play what you enjoy.

That said, how long has it been since you've played? Would it be worth spending a few hours poking around each of the classes you might want to boost before you do so just to see if you like the new styles?

Since I got Cataclysm way back when. Hit 22 on that Druid and 20 on a priest and quit. So a long time ago.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    The classes are all still fundamentally the same, but play a lot differently from when you last played. They have added several more mechanics that make it less of a mechanical order of button mashing.

Today I got kicked out of a raid because my heals weren't good enough during a phase that I've always had trouble on. I have trouble on this phase because A) My Multi-heals suck compared to what is needed for the section, and B) I can't stand still to make up for it. There is not much I can do other then work with my fellow healers, and hope no one messes up and takes extra damage. Similar scenarios for a few other bosses and phases as well.

These phases and fights make me feel so worthless, because no matter how much practice, following guides, and trying new methods, etc I do, I make no progress. This is related (in a small way) as to why I don't want to do Heroics. On Normals you can get away with only being able to perform at 90-95%, on Heroics, 99% maybe. During these phases I can only do roughly 55% (based off of my healing mechanics) of my capabilities so naturally that doesn't stand. Not being able to perform at your best when needed is downright offensive to the general WoW public and even borderline offensive to some here on IC. I guess this is why Mistweavers seem to be so relatively rare for highend stuff.

I may be beyond my depression now, but the habits and mind sets it made are still prevalent.

Even if I was able to overcome this currently, I'd have to be doing so much stuff to reach it and maintain it. Yet other classes only have to raise a finger in comparison. I'm regularly outperformed by other healers with much lower gear then me when it comes to multi and AoE healing. Now the classes being unique and having their own strengths and weaknesses is great, but some players don't see that and will blame others for failing at something they had seen work with a different class.

tl:dr
    I really can't wait for my new abilities in Warlords.

• midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    Sorry dude. Getting raidkicked sucks :(

Yeah. It gave me a good opportunity to nail down what had been bothering me in regards to WoW lately though. So I felt like I should post about it. Help get it off my chest.

midga

Please don't consider NOT raiding heroic with us because of some perceived inability. I'm speaking from my experience as a 572 Spriest who is always outperformed by all other DPS classes even at significantly lower gear levels. Spriest is very similar to mistweaver: "It'll get better in WoD".

I can't speak to healing heroics, I have zero experience as a healer. I would highly recommend talking with Ryanfodder, Celsh, Myrmidon, etc about healing these fights. We will work together to get you raiding, because the last thing we want is for you to feel like you can't come just because of your class. That's just not true. We were just talking last night about how we want you with us.

It's not about the numbers, man. It's about having fun and accomplishing goals with your friends.

This isn't the main problem for Heroics for me, like I said in the big post, it's a small problem. With IC, I can overcome it since I can actually work with my fellow healers to cover my weaknesses for their strengths and vice versa.

The main reason I don't want to do Heroics is much more internal and to put it simply, it's not fun for me at all and I have no goals to motivate me to put up with it.

MyrmidonJBoogalooRahnalH102
  • @RahnalH102‌, I have no intention of trying to talk someone into doing something they don't want to do, but I did want to offer two reasons that you might consider as incentive to raid with us:

1. I understand the frustration of not performing how you think you should be, I have been through this many times over the past few months. But my incentive is simply being with friends (or acquaintances I soon hope to call friends) and doing this with them. I care about gear only because it helps me continue to raid with them as they progress. I'm in it cause I'm playing a game with friends, and I can tell you that you have at least one person (me) who likes to hang out with you and wants you to play with us, and I'll bet there are many more. I have found that raiding comes with frustration, that's just the nature of it I think. If it were easy, everyone would do it. Okay, everyone DOES do it, but not everyone does it like WE do it. :)

2. Accomplishment. No matter how crappy I may do in a raid, I get a huge sense of accomplishment when the boss is downed and I'm still alive and have done enough DPS to feel I've contributed. There's been a couple of these heroic bosses that were downed literally at the last possible second or with just a couple of us left alive, and that feeling of accomplishment is friggin awesome, regardless of how much I sucked.

JBoogalooRyanFodderRahnalH102
  • JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian

This community is so amazing and awesome when it comes to gaming, unfortunately I am not able to be a part of raiding with you all until wod is released and maybe not until a little beyond that (ugh...just need some goddam free time). I know there's always a place for those of us that are interested and can join, I've just had so many things taking priority that gaming in general has almost been nil for me.

Save a seat for me to pull up to the table of awesomeness when Im able to, yeah? Thx! :)

primesuspectRahnalH102

I mean, last night alone, @MikQuattro‌ put out the highest DPS™ and died, then we finally downed Immerseus. :D We needed a sacrifice and I've gotten better at finding my ohshit buttons.

JBoogaloomidga
  • MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian

@MikQuattro said:
    I'm in it cause I'm playing a game with friends, and I can tell you that you have at least one person (me) who likes to hang out with you and wants you to play with us, and I'll bet there are many more.

More than one. I wouldn't have researched mistweaving and worked with you to get your healing on the level if I didn't enjoy raiding with you. :(

• @Tushon said:
    I mean, last night alone, MikQuattro‌ put out the highest DPS™ and died, then we finally downed Immerseus. :D We needed a sacrifice and I've gotten better at finding my ohshit buttons.

Translation: Mik kept screwing up so he died, and we were then able to execute perfectly....:)

I only screwed up cause you were in my spot.....

TushonmidgaRahnalH102
  • MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian

@MikQuattro said:
    Tushon sucks! Bender is great!

Interesting if true.

TushonJBoogaloo

I probably should have put this in on the earlier post anyway. The in-depth reason for me not wanting to do Heroics stems from a two core facets of my personality:
    1) One of the few things that can make me genuinely angry (majority of time at myself) is people not having fun because of me, regardless of if it is true or just my perception.
    2) I strive to do my best at the things I love and for those I care for, however in games this can turn into a perfectionism that saps the fun out of it all.

After most failures, I look at what went wrong and how I could have done better. From the heroics I did try with you all, I messed up a bunch of times on them, a lot of times causing wipes. Which is understandable, it's heroics afterall. The killer was that I did not improve, and the recurring wipes were my fault, in some way, for the same reason each time. I end up beating myself up about it because I see me as holding everyone back with no sign of improving, thus impeding on your fun, and not fulfilling that perfectionism that becomes active. Even those couple of times when we did beat it, to me it was a shallow "UGH FINALLY" with no real sense of accomplishment, compared to the general "Yay I/we beat it! Feels so good!" most people have. I know you all are great people and that my perceptions are not the actual case, but that doesn't change the way I feel about it.

I did think "Now how come I don't feel this way about Challenge Modes and Proving Grounds?" and found that for Proving Grounds, my progress was entirely my own and easier to track, and I'm not impeding others. For Challenge Modes, we all (or most of us) are new to it and we're all messing up and improving just as much as the others.

I appreciate the kind words, and I root for you all during your Heroic attempts. I feel happy when you make the progress. I've gotten more enjoyment out of that then I have actually trying to be a part of it.

Summary: Heroics make Rah go to dark places. He was there for two years and only recently got out. He does not want to go back ever again.

• midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian

<3

RahnalH102
  • ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian

Finally bought Warlords of Draenor and bumped a Paladin to level 90. That is all.