Time for a new drive?

IndigoRedIndigoRed Perth Western Australia Icrontian

Hey all. You may remember me from such places as not here. I noticed the other day my F@H stopped working. Out of curiosity I went and looked to see ti hadn't been working for quite some time. I was flat lined. The I looked at Team 93. I was saddened to see a lot of the Icrontic team had let this drop by the way side as well. The Team is sliding.

Maybe it's time for a new call to arms to get back on track?

Comments

• pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian

F@H didn't just stop working for me, I can not find it installed anywhere on my system. This is very curious because I did not uninstall or change any settings, just was not there one day and have been too busy with working two jobs to mess with reinstalling/figuring out what happened.

• IndigoRedIndigoRed Perth Western Australia Icrontian

@pigflipper it took me all of about 5 minutes to download and set it up. A lot easier than it used to be.

• pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian

Its not that, its the fact that it has apparently disappeared from my system by no action of mine. I have three days off coming up, will deal with it then

• _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian

Honestly I feel like calling people to arms won't work. Usually at best you will get people for a week and then they turn it off. Used to Leo was only half the team and now he is so much of team it is horrible, under 25% of his daily. As the temperature starts to dip here in Texas I will come back up some. @Tushon had some stuff break in his move and he never came back up and all the higher level producers are just gone. The remainder are here just to keep pushing on with what we can.

• Electricity is expensive, yo.

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

Yeah, I just never got stuff working after my move and honestly have a much smaller place, so I am getting rid of my big box once I test it to see if the hardware is okay.

• SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian

I just got an R9 290x that is folding away, and the GTX 660ti that was in that machine is replacing a HD7770. I should be pushing out far more PPD now. Soon I'll be replacing the Q6600 in my HTPC with something modern AMD and should squeeze out a few more points. I'm trying to make sure I am folding as much as possible now that I am gaming less due to work. If I can find some friends willing to fold I'll make sure they contribute to team 93. It will at least get our team average up some.

• I stopped folding because I'm not convinced it's helping pump out drugs any faster than if F@H never existed. An opinion on that from @Basil would be neat.

I'm more interested in changing the economic incentives involved in drug development than I am using my CPU cycles for simulation. So instead of using the electricity which costs the environment X, I try to donate X worth of dollars to this: http://healthimpactfund.org/ every once in a rare while.

Many of us, myself included, have a personal connection with someone with Alzheimer's and even folding can make people feel a little better in what is otherwise a pretty helpless situation. Maybe there is something there for driving people to start again, I don't know.

midga