Raid Summary 09/28/2014

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian

If "by the seat of your pants" is a valid strategy in heroic raid, then by C'thun we're masters at it.

We did well on Protectors. No problem, walked through. A breeze, even. It took a few attempts to get up to speed, but once we found our stride, easy-peasy.

We got to Norushen and as per the usual, we one-shot it.

Then Sha of Pride happened. We struggled. We got slightly frustrated. We wiped.

Then we got very, very close to beating him. So close, but then most of us died. It looked like a wipe...

Until Mikalion the laser-focused hunter came along; dodging mortars like a chipmunk collecting peanuts, avoiding adds because it didn't matter anymore, and squeezing every drop of DPS he could muster... At the end, Mik brought it home and killed the boss even as most of his friends' bodies lay around him.

It was a heart-attack inducing moment for poor Mik. We thought maybe we'd lost him for a second because while the rest of us were cheering in Mumble, Mik was silent.

Then came the plaintive whimper: "I thought maybe somebody should have called 911 for a minute there. I think I had a heart attack"

At any rate, it was on to Galakras; we had a similar situation. Things were looking bad, many of us died, and it looked like a wipe. Then Bear came along and just resolutely took everything the dragon threw at him, swiping merrily amongst the bodies of his fallen comrades. Finally, Jimmy brought it home, destroying Galakras once again.

We had several really good attempts on Iron Juggernaut; we got very close to downing him but it wasn't meant to be. No worries; Thursday will be the day.

MyrmidonRahnalH102RyanFodderMikQuattromidga

Comments

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

@Celsh‌ "guys I've got good news and bad news ... good news: we can definitely kill him. bad news: i died"

MikQuattro
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

Good job Mik!