Post your Super Pi 1M scores here:

123457»

Comments

• Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    Tried setting the affinity to 1 core and tested all 12 cores. Results were 8.907 - 8.968 never dropped below the 8.8 mark.

The cool thing is this CPU still has head room to OC. I am running 4.6GHz as a stock OC and the power draw isn't that crazy.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    Is there any way to put a filter on this thread so I don't have to read about Sledge's 4.6GHz proc that still has head room. It is deflating my geek-ego.....I bet that would be a sic folder though. /cough /cough
  • edited April 2010
    Tried setting the affinity to 1 core and tested all 12 cores. Results were 8.907 - 8.968 never dropped below the 8.8 mark.

On my quad core, SuperPi is faster when I set the affinity on one of the cores. But you have virtual cores and physical cores due to hyperthreading. Affinity should not be on one of the virtual cores. Hyperthreading is causing the difference I guess.
  • SerpSerp Texas Member
    edited April 2010
    Very nice Sledge :D

It might be time to step things up though, some Dice or POSSIBLY some LN2:wink:

There's an Evga P55 FTW board in my closet just collecting dust and it might have to be sacrificed for the cause!
  • edited April 2010
    11.949 with a Q9550@4GHz. The score is higher than 13 seconds without setting affinity.
    edited April 2010
    Serp wrote:
    Very nice Sledge :D

It might be time to step things up though, some Dice or POSSIBLY some LN2:wink:

There's an Evga P55 FTW board in my closet just collecting dust and it might have to be sacrificed for the cause!

If you go Dice or LN2 you should spank my scores on water... but to make things fun i ran a bit better score at 4.74Ghz

attachment.php?attachmentid=28347&stc=1&d=1272068542
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    8.666 DEVIL SCORE
    edited April 2010
    Snarkasm wrote:
    8.666 DEVIL SCORE

Fixed :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=28350&stc=1&d=1272265167
  • pragtasticpragtastic Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    Gave the new rig a go:
    edited October 2014

Bringing this thread back to life!!! We seem to have bypassed a few generations of AMD and Intel CPU's.

So... Not so new Intel i7 4790 running 4.680Ghz or 4.7Ghz.. not sure why it is jumping around between programs.

• MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian

I'm pretty sure several generations were passed for Super Pi due to it being an outdated "benchmark"...if you can even call it that now

Side note - 4 year old bump for Sledge

midga
  • My 3930k does about 10 seconds but I notice only a single core is used. Nice necro.

• csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited October 2014

@Sledgehammer70 said:
    Bringing this thread back to life!!! We seem to have bypassed a few generations of AMD and Intel CPU's.

So... Not so new Intel i7 4790 running 4.680Ghz or 4.7Ghz.. not sure why it is jumping around between programs.

What's obviously happening is that one program calculates as a whole number multiplier but a fraction/decimal bus speed while the other does just the opposite. So it's not very likely that they would ever match, but it could happen by chance I suppose. "Why?" is still the question here, like you asked.

What would be the most reliable method to gauge your processor speed within an OS? I mean you may find a reliable calculation from within the bios, however that may all change once you enter an OS. Me, I just call it 100x47.

• TrumandrummerTrumandrummer Taylor Michigan Icrontian
    edited January 2015

@Sledgehammer70 said:

I might be a few months behind,
    coming out of nowhere here....

But just testing my new i7 5820k x99 system.
    Overclock at 4.2Ghz only pulls 10.218 seconds.
    That seems off for a new gen 6 core to NOT pull a faster score than my old i7 920. :scratch:

I blame it on the program :D

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

If the clockspeed on your i7 920 was higher, this would explain it.