Ye olde local soda shoppe

Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian ScoundrelIndianapolis, IN Icrontian

We have threads for beer, tea, and coffee so I figured, why not start a thread for Icrontic's soda connoisseurs, those of us who spend stupid amounts of time at local soda shops and such. So come forth enjoyers of non main stream fizzy goodness.

LeahVoice

Comments

• CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian

• trooster89trooster89 Are you from London? Icrontian

They had this all over the place in New Zealand. Its somewhere between Brisk ice tea, lemonade and 7-up.

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Please.

ChoochLeahVoiceGuppy
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian

@trooster89 said:

They had this all over the place in New Zealand. Its somewhere between Brisk ice tea, lemonade and 7-up.

I love the "World Famous in New Zealand" line.

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

I used to drink so much Bawls, when I could get my hands on them. I only liked the blue ones.

Recently, I've been drinking a lot of Diet Dew, and trying out all the varieties of big K (The Kroger in-house soda brand). I like Diet Drop Red, Diet Black Cherry, and Diet Pineapple Passion Fruit so far.

Creeperbane2
  • I don't like soda because it tastes like sugar. See avatar.

• mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian

I make ginger ale.

SignalLeahVoicemidga
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited October 2014

Swamp Pop ...I've yet to taste Pontchatoula Pop Rouge. Satsuma Fizz (standalone) is my favorite followed closely by Jean Lafitte Ginger Ale (with meal).

Noble Cane Cola is good, but Praline Cream Soda is just too sweet for me.

What I like most about these is the cane sugar sweetener, and the low carbonation. Not to mention the vivd flavors.

• GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited October 2014

ABC Craft Soda, The White Birch Beer is F'n Amazing

abcbrew.com/craft-sodas/

• Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian

Tried apple pie soda a few days ago, GOOD! Working up nerve for corn, soda, and hotwing flavor.

• Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited November 2014

Weirdest thing out of Baltimore is this soda called Suburban Almond Smash. It's a bit of a dieing brand, hard to come by but around here it was quite popular at one time. I can't explain it entirely. It's weird, but yet wonderful. It is sweet and fruity with a little touch of almond extract. I am not aware of another soda like it.

• maliamalia Sconnie Nation Icrontian

@mertesn said:
    I make ginger ale.

I got the mother of all hands of ginger in my CSA last week, so I'm making my 1st ginger ale today.

mertesnSignal