WoD Leveling Strategy - Race to 100 or take it easy?

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian

I've been thinking a lot about how I'm going to approach levelling to 100. At first, my instinct is to do what I've always done: Go slowly with my main, take in the lore and story, and really enjoy the experience. I'm a huge lore nerd (read all the books, etc.) so this is pretty important to me, and it seemed crazy for me to think of doing it any other way.

But then I heard @TiberiusLazarus‌ and @CannonFodder‌ talking about it, and they're both of the "race to 100" mindset. At first I scoffed but then I started thinking about it. Maybe it would be fun to get to 100 quickly and start seeing endgame content right away with my main. I have 3 90s now (soon to be 4) and I will be doing it all again, so that means I have the opportunity to take it slow with another character, read all the quests and lore, and do it the way I normally do.

I realized that with the Warlords Release Party @ ICHQ (WHICH YOU SHOULD COME TO), it would be more fun to be on-pace with everybody else; if we're all in the same room levelling together we probably need to be on the same page in terms of pacing. Maybe this will be what convinces Jimmy to show up anyways :p.

So I decided to switch it up and try something new. Kethark will be racing to 100 with Wolford and Ryanfodder (and whoever else is with us). Perhaps Xingjian, Skeevil, or Juwei will be the lore-nerds this time around.

What will you be doing?

Comments

• SazbeanSazbean Paladins. Lawful good & violent about it. Chelsea, MI Icrontian

I tend to race with my main and take in the lore with my alts -- but at the same time, I don't race to the point of not doing other things (playing 24/7), so I'm a lot slower than most other "racers", heh

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian

I will probably be going as fast as possible, like @Sazbean‌ though, I will not be playing 24/7 even the first weekend. I want to make sure my garrison gets leveled properly also.

• I don't see the point of racing, and intend on enjoying the experience as much as possible.

midga
  • MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian

por que no los doooooooooos

midga
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

I'm going to be focusing on my hunter first. That will be at my own pace. I'll catch my monk up after breaks and and when I'm done getting my hunter to 100. This means you won't be seeing me on Kel'Thuzad much during the beginning.

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

I race. The game doesn't start until end game, and I find the rest to be a chore.

I don't read quests, or care about lore. I can read the latter on wowwiki.

Ryder
  • CelshCelsh Member
    edited October 2014

Race on Celsh;
    Race on whom ever I will be raiding with in IC;
    Then level a Lorebie.

Though this means I don't really wanna be hearing spoilers left and right.

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

"Lorebie" lol

• CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian

I only have the one level 90, so I'll be doing something in between slow and a race. Some of the lore I like to read, but other times I just want to watch my XP go up. I'll be boosting something when I get my WoD key on day one, but not sure which class yet. With that, I may change my mind about speed of leveling Laryana at release. :)

• HeroHero formerly known as XGPHero Icrontian

ill be racing my main, then coming back with the dustpan (eventually) with my warrior...or maybe ill start a whole new alt just for lore, and do nothing but quests with that alt. hmmm. :scratch:

• midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian

No strategy. Just gonna play.

• SwirlySwirly New York Member

I will not be reading quest text, but I'm not going to be too crazy about it.