Beyond Earth

GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 LifeAkron, PA Icrontian
edited June 2014 in Civilization

New Civ game!!! Beyond earth look to take up forward not backwards in time! I can say this got me going alittle bit!!

civilization.com/#home

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

And it will play best on AMD Radeon GPUs. Buy my shit!

mertesnCreeperbane2
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian

LOL my 750 TI 2gb will do just fine

• ardichokeardichoke Icrontian

@Thrax said:
    And it will play best on AMD Radeon GPUs. Buy my shit!

but... I already BOUGHT your shit... I don't have money to buy more of your shit.

pigflipper
  • BasilBasil Nubcaek England Icrontian

CB
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian

Looks fantastic!! Can't wait!!

• BasilBasil Nubcaek England Icrontian

midga
  • KarmaKarma Likes yoga Icrontian

whelp there goes another 50 bucks

edited September 2014

Exclusive footage and commentary from Civ Beyond Earth's principal graphics developer at an AMD event held two weeks ago. Skip to 13 minutes.

midga
  • Preload is available as of Monday.
    http://steamcommunity.com/games/65980/announcements/detail/144438948330974965

As soon as GMR supports the new game, assuming they do, I'd love to get a friendly co-op game going against some hard AI so we can learn the ropes together.

• midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian

I'd like to try a non-gmr co-op cause I'm a bad at asynch apparently.

I've got it preloaded and ready to go. Too bad I have to work on Friday.

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

GMR is planning to support the game ASAP.

BasilPirateNinjamidga
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

I'm also pre-loaded and would enjoy learning with friends

Also pre-loaded here. AWWW YESSSS MANTLE SUPPORT.

• ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian

pre-loaded. cannot wait!

• GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian

want to pre load it but Im broke,

So who would be up for trying a multiplayer game Friday evening? Say 10PM EST?

• -_-
    Advisr

why

• @CrazyJoe said:
    So who would be up for trying a multiplayer game Friday evening? Say 10PM EST?

I'm a maybe on that, depends on stuff. Sounds fun though. Throw in some mumble and a pint, and I'm ready to make bad decisions with aliens.

I will be online ready to go. Any and all that want to Drink, Drank, Beyond Earth would be fun. The Aliens are no joke in the beginning of the game. I played for an hour or so and they killed just about every one of the soldiers I sent out for the first 100 turns or so.

• @CrazyJoe said:
    I will be online ready to go. Any and all that want to Drink, Drank, Beyond Earth would be fun. The Aliens are no joke in the beginning of the game. I played for an hour or so and they killed just about every one of the soldiers I sent out for the first 100 turns or so.

Same here, and then after defending myself from aliens another civ got mad at me for killing them. The turn after they got mad at me for it, I watched them take out two aliens. Wat. So far I'm very confused, this game is going to have something of a learning curve.

"Explorers log"

It's been 62 days since we've landed on this planet. Mandira has grow nicely. I am now feeling comfortable leaving these safe confines to see what's out there on this unknown planet. The 5th day out we managed to breathe in some air that was poisonous damaging our lungs not sure if we have time to heal. Must continue on our quest. Day 20. We have discovered a crash site lets excavated it for research. Day 21. The alien bugs have discovered us. DUH FUCK WAS THAT ACID? I fear I will not make.................................................................................................................

"Explorers log"

_Day 22. We sustained major damages. I am the only one who survived the onslaught by the alien acid spewing crickets. My fellow explorers, my friends, my companions, put up a valiant fight against the crickets. They did were swiftly dispatched I fear they are now dinner for the crickets. I....I only survived by hiding behind a rock like structure. I am not sure what to call it everything here is so different. Was I lucky, or was I coward?

Should I press on with this excavation in memory of my compatriots, or should I return home Mandira and count my blessing?

For now I decided to press on with the excavation. There is will be rest later.

Day 23. I slept with one eye open last night. The alien sounds provided for no rest. It was all for the best the scanner in what is left of my shell of a vehicle picked up those crickets again. They seem to be encroaching back on to my spot, I must flee. My friends will forgive me.

Day 30. I have made it back to Mandira with no more encounters. I thank whatever god there may be in this world. I must rest now. It's been an exhausting few days.

Day 31 I now have had time to look back on my excavation and the incident with aliens. Why were we so unprepared? Did the leaders know the dangers of the aliens? Are these aliens greater in power than we could have ever imagined? Being the only person who has ventured out past the borders of Mandira, I was called into our "great leaders" consul to inform him of what I saw.

I started by telling him I found a location that would be great to set up another colony. He took my advice and instantly sent out a group to start a new home there, Saitara.

After that I regaled him with the story of my journey and how I lost my friends. He showed no sympathy. I think he has no idea what he is doing. It was an emotionally draining day.

I must take some rest.

Rest was short, ever since I've come back I've been pinged with curiosity, what is at that site. Does contain a cure for all known ailments, Weapons that will overpower any adversary? I must know, but will I ever have the chance.

Day 32. I am still tired and beaten up; however, the great leader has sent me to a site of great intrigue inside the confines of Mandira. I am to excavate it. The poisonous gas is still here, will I be able to finish this before I die from this unknown poison?

Day 35. I have finished the excavation, and not a moment too soon one more day and this gas would have consumed my soul. All I found were some measely scrolls that contain some information about chemistry. Was that it? Are we any closer to finding out what the hell this gas is? I reported to the leader. I was met with a swift, "Find some extra explorers and add them to your crew. There is a space crash site I want you to investigate." Well they always say there ain't no rest for the wicked. I probably shouldn't have been so mean to my sister when I was kid.

Day 37. I don't know about these new guys. They are too enthusiastic. This planet will hit them hard.

Day 38. As we rounded the mountain range there was a group of aliens waiting in ambush to attack. I lost all my new explorers. They were not ready. I was not ready again. I am numb to their deaths though. This new world's lack of reverence for human life is appalling. How many more people must die at the hands of the aliens before we can fight back?

Day 39. Back in Mandira. I have requested backup from the leader who has agreed to send two soldier platoons with me. Thank god. I must now find some new recruits.

day 43. We have not seen any traces of alien activity this time around, I am too afraid to take any solace in this fact. For now I must find what we can learn from this crash site. I will report back with more details.

Day 44. I just got a broadcast. Out leader has teamed up with the Polyaustralia and the Transasian groups on this world in agreement to not harm any aliens. Typical political bullshit. We got a stern warning not harm any aliens for it may fracture any relations we have at this early juncture.

Day 45. There are rumors among the excavation site and soldiers that the African nation has landed on the planet nearby Saitara. The leader is contemplating sending me over there as an offering to help them get situated and build a relationship. I don't want to. All my friends and family live within Mandira, I can't force them to leave for an entirely different confederation, they don't even speak our language or share our values. I have sacrificed far too much for confederation to quit now.

This will be my last log for a few weeks. I fear it is doing more harm than good to my psyche._

PirateNinjamidga
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian

Someone needs to record an Icrontic game of this. I wouldn't mind watching it, you know with the huge pauses taken out, or fast-forwardable. I always thought I would like this kind of game, but I tend to play games so conservative/defensively I usually lose because I almost never build Military to attack, and forget that I need them to defend as well.

• d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian

Seeing a commercial for this game during the interstellar pre movie makes sense