TurkeyLAN 2014 and DigiKidX

BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats !TX Icrontian
edited November 2014 in Events

TurkeyLAN: Southern California's most Icrontic LAN

Come hang out for the day and play some games at The Castle Digi.

This year, come earlier in the day for a DigiKid surprise 10th birthday party! That's right, with your price of admission (Free! as always) you can have twice the cake! No Lie!

Who: Anyone reading this is welcome unless you spoil the surprise for DigiKid. In that case we reserve the right to tar and feather you upon arrival. Please RSVP here or via PM so I can plan enough space.

If you plan on being there for DigiKid's surprise, let me know so I can put you in touch with the surprise coordinator (TBD).

What: Games. Friends. Drinks. Etc.

Gaming at TLAN is pretty laid back. No pre-organized tournies or anything. Pretty much just play whatever anyone is in the mood to play. Games will probably be at least some TF2, PvZ Garden Warfare, maybe some LOL? Classic Doom usually happens. War Thunder has been popular lately, perhaps some planes/tanks action. There is also usually some console action. Who can beat MrBoo Smash Bros is common.

All I know so far for food is there will be cakes. A birthday cake for the Kid and what has become a tradition in the last couple years, TheTeenager will by making a TurkeyLAN Cake.

When: December 13th, 2014. Surprise around 11am, LAN to start about One.

Where: Digi's place in Palmdale, Ca. PM me if you need the address.

Will post more details as they are planned out.

-Digi

LincRyderBasilSonorousTeramonamertesnMyrmidonDontCallMeKelsoGnomeQueenRyanFodderRahnalH102ChoochWinfrey

Comments

• MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian

Does DigiKid like Doctor Who, or any other well-known television characters that are easy for me to dress up as?

• bump
    Don't forget to TLAN California.
    GobbleGobbleGobble.

I'll be there.

BobbyDigi
  • DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso Kelso 'The Great Asshole' San Jose, CA Icrontian

Is there more deets yet?

• midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian

Well, looks like work has me going to a border town on the 13th. =/

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

Not a lot has changed from the original plan. Still Dec 13th, Birthday party is going to be at 11am. LAN peeps can show up any time after that. If you plan on being there for DigiKid's surprise, let me know so I can put you in touch with the surprise coordinator (TBD). In the past the party has dispersed around midnightish but there is no cap, as long as a group is wanting to play games, TLAN marches on.

Gaming at TLAN is pretty laid back. No pre-organized tournies or anything. Pretty much just play whatever anyone is in the mood to play. Games will probably be at least some TF2, PvZ Garden Warfare, maybe some LOL? Classic Doom usually happens. War Thunder has been popular lately, perhaps some planes/tanks action. There is also usually some console action. Who can beat MrBoo Smash Bros is common.

All I know so far for food is there will be cakes. A birthday cake for the Kid and what has become a tradition in the last couple years, TheTeenager will by making a TurkeyLAN Cake.

I think it is going to be a fun TLAN this year.

-Digi

primesuspectRyderGnomeQueen
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

TLAN Breakfast is going to be at Alice's as has become tradition. DigiFam will be leaving the house no later than 9am. We will keep DigiKid out of the house for 2 hours while TheTeenager and various family members help setup, make cakes and greet people. Anyone who wants to join us for breakfast is more than welcome. Meet us at Alice's or let me know if you want to work out other plans. For those going to the house for the surprise, plan on getting to the house after 9am. DigiKid won't recognize cars so park where ever there is room. You can coordinate with TheTeenager if you have any questions on arrival time or DigiKid's status. Hit me up if you need her cell number.

If you are just in for TurkeyLAN, come on over any time after Noon.

Food Update: There will be a big sub sandwich for the birthday party. Feel free to bring any snacks or drinks you care to consume while gaming it up. Of coarse there is usually always a Taco run of some sort at some time during TLAN, consider bringing some cash for easy bulk ordering.

-Digi

Ryder
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

@BobbyDigi said:
    Food Update: There will be a big sub sandwich for the birthday party. Feel free to bring any snacks or drinks you care to consume while gaming it up. Of coarse there is usually always a Taco run of some sort at some time during TLAN, consider bringing some cash for easy bulk ordering.

Alternatively, consider square.com/cash (and it's accompanying apps). @Annes‌ and I use it and love it.

• MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian

I WOULD LIKE to be there for DigiKid's surprise... but I cannot leave until 11:30. :(

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

Not gonna make it guys. Too much work things happening this weekend combined with some personal stress with the upcoming holidays, not to mention the rainpocalypse shutting down roads today. Probably best if I stay up here this weekend and work on things :/