Next Raid, We should have one of those.

CelshCelsh Member
edited December 2014 in World of Warcraft

So I know a few people want to really start raiding in Jan. I also know some people want to keep raiding through the rest of the month. I think we should have Raids on Sundays for who ever shows up. Keeping with the low pressure raids until January hits. This gets us gear and experience. We only need 10 people to raid and I'm sure we can pull that off.

We can always pug for the roles we are missing.

Thoughts? Questions? Concerns?

JBoogalooSazbean

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

I would feel bad "casually raiding," because it leaves people behind who can't dedicate the time in December. I would want to be as inclusive as possible about our formal start date.

JBoogaloo
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

scattered thoughts, no particular order:

I think we need more than one raid a week to maintain momentum and morale. Two days a week was good for IC.

Sunday has always been our "main" raid night, progression raiding, what-have-you.

I really don't think we need to PuG at any point now with so many people.

I think we should raid two more times this month (14th, 21st) at least

JBoogalooSazbean
  • I agree we should have one progression night and one clean-up night for the eventual farm/alt-gear-up/newcomers. At least through this raid tier we're going to have a constant stream of thirsty raiders. If we have the bandwidth we might as well use it.

It also doesn't hurt to get our hands on as many fights as possible a few times. It might make January raiding a bit "easier" if there's a healthy number of people who are already well-versed in the strats.

Personally, last night felt like very healthy progression (as casual as it was) with some downed bosses, loot, and plenty of wipes. Brackenspore was definitely my favorite fight of the evening despite not getting him down.

JBoogaloo
  • HydrarHydrar Columbia, MD Icrontian

I was planning on pugging a raid or two in December if IC wasn't starting until January (which I'm fine with). I'd rather raid with you guys, so if a decision could be made before Wed night that'd be great!

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited December 2014

If 10 to X people are available on X day and raid, then how will we do progression on Sunday? If 14 of our "play all the time, dedicated, whatever you want to call them" people are locked, then how is that helpful to anyone else?

When we were raiding twice a week, we all had 2 sometimes 3 toons that were max level.. that isn't the case right now. I don't think you can apply the same.... strategy?

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

This is how disasters begin and why I said "everyone should do whatever till January"

• @Tushon and @Ryder, this wouldn't necessarily cause a disaster because Blizzard backed off of its policy of locking toons to single boss kills. I can raid with Drakken on Aalonz and then raid with Icrontic on Aalonz, but I'd only recieve gear the first time I down a boss.

I'm not sure how many people feel that raiding pre-January will leave people behind, but you should also consider the people who might be around anyway who want to raid. I'll be around, and I would be even if we were waiting til January. I'm going to want to raid at some point, and if Icrontic isn't going I'll find another group. What if 12 people are around, or some other number? We could go as a group and have fun together, or we could hold off and find groups separately because... I can't think of a good reason. We've never been a 100% attendance-is-mandatory guild. we did 10 man Normal and Heroic SoO with a 10 man roster of ~15 people, and we still had to start late sometimes because people were late or not enough showed and we had to pug. People have lives and I get that but the rest of us aren't going to wait around for you all to be ready before we start having fun.

TiberiusLazarusSazbean

I totally agree, which is why I said "everyone should do whatever till January" which is the opposite of "insert organized comments here" ;)

I plan to be around at our regular raiding times and see what happens after I finish gearing up to the basic level needed. People will be there or not, and we'll LFR or whatever is needed

We scheduled a raid for this Sunday.

• pragtasticpragtastic Alexandria, VA Icrontian

I'm guessing invites don't go out via email each time a raid night is added?

Yes they do. Look in your spam

It says you accepted, @pragtastic

It got caught up in spam. The accept was a manual click from the calendar app.

• MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian

I tend to stand with @Aalonz.

In the spirit of not leaving people out, though, I imagine anyone who wants to get farther ahead in gearing should be willing to come back during 'official' raids to help those less able to raid. I know a bunch of us tend to be available whether we need gear or not...

TiberiusLazaruspragtasticRyanFodder

@Myrmidon said:
    I tend to stand with Aalonz.

In the spirit of not leaving people out, though, I imagine anyone who wants to get farther ahead in gearing should be willing to come back during 'official' raids to help those less able to raid. I know a bunch of us tend to be available whether we need gear or not...

I also hold this opinion. Feel free to better your character in any way you see fit before raiding officially picks up, in the end it'll help everyone gear up a bit faster as it'll give us some padding while the rest of the crew gears up.

RyanFodder

I feel like that is what I said with more words :)

JBoogaloo
  • SazbeanSazbean Paladins. Lawful good & violent about it. Chelsea, MI Icrontian

I'd prefer we have some organized raids in December -- it helps us learn to work together as a group and gets everyone experience in the raid environment. Sunday was a lot of fun, but it also pointed out some group flaws that would need to be fixed in harder fights.

Regular raiding groups are starting to get formed throughout the game, and while you no longer get locked on a toon, people may commit to times that coincide with when Icrontic will eventually regularly raid. The earlier we can get a regular group going, the better.

I want to raid with Icrontic because you guys are the bestest, but I get asked a lot by other groups -- while the lockout no longer applies, I really only want to commit to raiding twice a week at the most since there are other things (gasp!), I'd like to do outside of wowing.

If Sunday night is going to be one of the nights, when do we think the other night might be? I've heard Thursday & Monday thrown around. Thursday would be best for me since we've already moved our schedules around to accommodate it (see how much I like you guys?).

Also, Maejah wants phat loot.

JBoogalooCelsh

Thursday / Sunday have historically been our raid nights.

Sazbeandark_arches

Will there be a minimum ilvl requirement for this week's raid (630/635?)

Pros of the minimum ilvl raid:

• Less frustration on bosses that would otherwise be easier
    • We can focus on progression, better position ourselves for a good start in January

Pros of no requirement raid:

• Low stress - progression isn't focus
    • We can gear up alts
    • We can gear up folks who have less time to run heroics during the week (or have bad luck at drops)

I'm fine with either, just wanted to get in the right head-space before the raid.

• The invite mentions there is a min 615 ilvl for this Sunday. 615 is super easy. If anyone needs help trying to gear up hit up people in guild. There are generally lots or healers and/or tanks on that may be willing to help speed up queues.

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

615 is Nagrand and a few normals.

• Every week I will be upping the min ilvl. I'm doing it slowly so people that dont have time to gear up have time and wont feel to behind. Mostly with the holiday approaching.

Gearing up alts in progression raid isn't going to happen for awhile.

@Celsh said:

Gearing up alts in progression raid isn't going to happen for awhile.

That's what I should have asked... is this progression or exhibition. Last week we had folks way under-geared, no use of flasks, no pre-understanding of fights (ie, not progression).