ICMC: Server Whitelist

13»

Comments

• HeroHero formerly known as XGPHero Icrontian
    edited December 2014

is there still land available, and can i get in on this? ive been playing with myself solo and id like to try playing with friends.
    PS: never played online before, so not sure what to do. im on 1.8 with no mods. will that work?

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

In most cases (and ours is not an exception), mods are server-side if needed (e.g. protection of your stuff) and all other mods would be client side only (changing textures). You shouldn't need anything except a permissions change from @BobbyDigi‌ to make that happen.

BobbyDigi

k, what about the version im on? i just tried to join to look around, and it said "Outdated server! I'm still on 1.7.9" does that mean i cant play with you guys. i cant seem to find a download (that i feel i can trust) for a rolled back minecraft.

is anyone else playing on 1.8? if not, does anybody know where i can download 1.7.9?

edited December 2014

It's built-in to the launcher. Look in the bottom left, click edit profile (or create a new profile for Icrontic, which is what I'd recommend), then change the "Use Version" from latest version to "1.7.9" or whatever the current version on the server happens to be.

BobbyDigi
    edited December 2014

ok, thanks
    EDIT: @BobbyDigi, I'm formally requesting to be added to the server...XGPHero

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited December 2014

@CyrixInstead said:
    Would anyone mind if you added Whizzy09 to the whitelist please? This is my 5 year old daughter and will only be on the server when I am. I've got her a laptop for Christmas so I suspect she will want to play on the server with me. Thanks,

I don't have a problem with this as long as you are with her as you stated. I also double checked your permissions and they look correct. Let me know if either account has any further issues.

@XGPHero said:
    ok, thanks
    EDIT: BobbyDigi, I'm formally requesting to be added to the server...XGPHero

Done. Do take the time to read through the rules please. If you have any questions just let me know. And you'll want to run 1.7.10.

-Digi

k, i read the rules, but im unclear as to whether i should ask you to assign me a plot, or find an empty one, and assign it myself.

@XGPHero Find where you want to build and claim it with Residence.

-Digi

@bobbydigi, im sure im overlooking something obvious but, how do i get out of the starting area...the bottons arent doing anything for me.

• QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian

Any chance of updating the server to 1.8?

@QCH said:
    Any chance of updating the server to 1.8?

Is this related to features on 1.8 or just ability to login? If login, use the "alternate profile" from this post:

@Tushon said:
    It's built-in to the launcher. Look in the bottom left, click edit profile (or create a new profile for Icrontic, which is what I'd recommend), then change the "Use Version" from latest version to "1.7.9" or whatever the current version on the server happens to be.

• QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian

Yeah... I know... just curious if we were going to update. Not a huge issue.

Hi @QCH, sorry for my delayed response.

The experience we provide on the Icrontic Minecraft server relies heavily on mods. Mods that do not have equivalents in 1.8. Once we can upgrade to 1.8 while keeping the experience, we will move forward on upgrading.

Until then, a handful of us have been quite enjoying doing hardcore runs on a 1.8 server. It is due another refresh.

-Digi