The "Everything is Different" Vanilla feature and bug discussion

Comments

• d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian

Search doesn't work.

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian

Birthdays are back in profiles.

If yours is correct, it's because you entered it previously, probably in vBulletin.

edited June 2014

Search is back for the moment. I fully expect it to fail again. :-/ .

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited June 2014

Just saw this on an article page. I do not believe the top left is intended functionality.

• oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French Canadian Montréal, Québec. Icrontian

i dont have that...

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Happening for me too

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

@oni_dels said:
    i dont have that...

JustAdminThings

-Digi

oni_dels

Thanks for the heads up. My WordPress/Vanilla overlap continues to deteriorate with neglect.

spam bot seems back on attack mode...

On mobile if you click the "attach a file" the "add comment" button jumps on top of the fetch file button. It's weird and hard to explain.

It would be nice to see the categories on mobile version. I guess they are not showing to not cluster this version but it would simplify navigation through new thread (e.g.: skipping threads that are in the "world of warcraft" category if you're an ex-crack addict eeerrr i mean if you stopped playing)

Also, am i the only commenting here?
    Like, i post once every never and it's to complain? Aren't canadians supposed to be nice? Wtf...

FWIW, I've been rebuilding the entire site's theme from scratch to work the "same" (responsive) on all devices & screen sizes. There will be a lot more consistency when that's done.

oni_dels
    edited November 2014

I actually like the currentmobile version. I dunno how many people use it, but any drunk-arse going to bars alone at noon knows that a proper mobile design is nice...

JBoogaloo

I like it fine too, but it doesn't look like Icrontic, and it's got tiny touch targets.

@Linc said:
    I like it fine too, but it doesn't look like Icrontic, and it's got tiny touch targets.

I haz tiny fingies. Bad for piano and bass, good for getting that last pringle in the can without flipping it over

@oni_dels said:
    I haz tiny fingies.

Noted.

primesuspectoni_delsJBoogaloo

If someone happens to accidentally click a bompz and then unbompz it, it seems the post still has its "Best Of" status as it shows in Best Of.

Case in point, GnomeQueens recent Babe Thread post.

-Digi

edited December 2014

@BobbyDigi‌ That's expected behavior. Once something crosses the "best of" threshold it doesn't recalculate again. Otherwise, using Vote Up/Down reactions could cause something to flicker off and on the page constantly.

BobbyDigi
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian

I just read this entire thread, at 3am. What a journey.

RyanFodderPirateNinjaoni_dels
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian

Perhaps there is a problem with my laptop display, but every time I bring the main forum page up there are white dots on my screen. I thought at first it was pixels dying, but then I noticed they were moving - always in a downward direction, sometimes a bit left and right.

@Linc‌ I think you've been hacked. Call it a hunch, but I'm pretty sure the Icy Hot Stuntaz have something to do with it.

UPSLynxBobbyDigiRahnalH102ardichoke
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian

Wanted to report random dandruff as well, not sure if wordpress or vanilla at this time. Hard to replicate, seems to occur at random intervals.

• Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian

Snow! :)

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian

Yea, really strange bug, OCZ forum has it too.

I found a bug in the bug. There seems to be a multiplier involved with the moving of the broken pixels. As time passes the "flurry" turns into a "blizzard".

-Digi

• It appears that the bug extends to the logo as well; it seems that a group of red and white pixels has perched atop the dot of the "i"

• mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian

@GHoosdum said:
    It appears that the bug extends to the logo as well; it seems that a group of red and white pixels has perched atop the dot of the "i"

At least Ivan's poor posture remains intact, unlike that one time...

GHoosdum
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian

Mobile seems to be broken in Chrome on my LG g3. Content is here but the theme is boned.

LincGHoosdum
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian
    edited December 2014

@shwaip said:
    Mobile seems to be broken in Chrome on my LG g3. Content is here but the theme is boned.

Same here with the OPO.

Mobile is fixed, thanks!

midga
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian

It would be pretty cool if there were a way to hide certain subs when I'm looking at All Discussions. Like, a Some Discussions.