Real Talk™

BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats !TX Icrontian

Hazzah for new features! :rockon:

Thanks @Linc‌ !

-Digi

BasilmertesnStraight_Mand3k0yThraxRahnalH102RyderKwitkoCreeperbane2KarmaLincRyanFoddermidgaoni_delsChoochAlexDeGruvenCrazyJoecolaGnomeQueenardichoke

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

This is a valuable +1. I still think we need a "feels" when we don't know what to say, but want to express sympathies.

primesuspectLincmidgaAlexDeGruvenCelsh
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian

"Feels" is a Reddit thing. Around these parts, we hug it out.

primesuspectmidgaoni_delsRyanFodderAlexDeGruvenSnarkasmcolaUPSLynx
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian

@Linc said:
    "Feels" is a Reddit thing. Around these parts, we hug it out.

We could poke it out too, you might think thats a Facebook thing, but even Facebook wants to forget it exists.

midga

@Koreish said:
    We could poke it out too

I have much better ideas in store.

midgaKoreishGnomeQueenardichoke
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian

YAY HUGS OMG YAY

IlriyasChoochKoreishRyanFodderStraight_ManAlexDeGruvenBasilRahnalH102Creeperbane2CrazyJoecolaUPSLynx
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

24 hour implementation: Now that's client service!

midga
    edited January 2015

I should note that "Awesomesauce" remains the only +1 point reaction. All the others are neutral.

midgaPacifistoRahnalH102Creeperbane2
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian

hugs > points

oni_delsKoreish
  • HeroHero formerly known as XGPHero Icrontian

i would think helpful would qualify for +1...in fact, real talk too...since they both imply that you have contributed something meaningful. just saying.

@XGPHero said:
    i would think helpful would qualify for +1.

It did until I removed it.

• There's points?

Garg
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    edited January 2015

I'd still like to be able to select multiple things. Sometimes you have a Lulzy Awesomesauce RealTalk moment

@Thrax said:
    24 hour implementation: Now that's client service!

@Linc is always happy to service his clients.

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited January 2015

@Linc said:
    It did until I removed it.

And it didn't go unnoticed, I reserved comment since you probably have a plan where that will make sense.

While the non-Awesomesauce +1s don't give points to the user, do they still count towards the Best Of tally?

Edit: Based on the fact that my post with 5+ RealTalk and Midga's with 5+ hugs are not showing on best of, it would seem not.

-Digi

edited January 2015

@BobbyDigi said:
    I reserved comment since you probably have a plan where that will make sense.

I think one +1/upvote reaction in sufficient, regardless of reason behind it. The 'Helpful' reaction got used in stupid ways frequently, which says to me that its distinction from Awesomesauce wasn't appreciated. It was as much a punchline as a legit reaction to use. I also don't want the Reactions list to look like a mission control dashboard; 4 is already more than I ever wanted.

I may add Real Talk & Hugs to bump for the Best Of list; that seems reasonable, it just isn't as easy to implement at the moment because code stuff.

BobbyDigi
    edited January 2015

well if hugs is for when we dont know what to say but wish to express feelings, AND if my 2 cents are worth anything, i dont know if that should bump best of list...again just sayin

PS i understand programming can be an issue sometimes, and i think i speak for all of us that we appreciate all the effort you put into keeping this site awesomesauce!

Straight_Man
  • There's a best of? Does this site have a read me somewhere? Are the levels? Can I cast spells?

midgaRahnalH102
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian

@PirateNinja said:
    There's a best of? Does this site have a read me somewhere? Are the levels? Can I cast spells?

Yes. No. 11. If you possess the required spellbook.

edited January 2015

@PirateNinja said:
    There's a best of? Does this site have a read me somewhere? Are the levels? Can I cast spells?

Icrontic Forum Readme

read it. study it. there will be a test.

• GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian

I was confused because the first time I clicked RealTalk it asked me if I really wanted to report the post. That must have been in the Vanilla Early Access Greenlight Alpha period.

Creeperbane2
  • Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian

So are Helpfuls no longer a thing? I no longer see the option.

edited January 2015

i think Real Talk could could effectively supplant Helpfuls...AAH! My points! Where they gone!?

• GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

I'm not going to lie, I miss helpfuls. I think that they were...well, helpful.

GargRyanFoddermidga
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited January 2015

@Linc said:
    I think one +1/upvote reaction in sufficient, regardless of reason behind it. The 'Helpful' reaction got used in stupid ways frequently, which says to me that its distinction from Awesomesauce wasn't appreciated. It was as much a punchline as a legit reaction to use. I also don't want the Reactions list to look like a mission control dashboard; 4 is already more than I ever wanted.
    I may add Real Talk & Hugs to bump for the Best Of list; that seems reasonable, it just isn't as easy to implement at the moment because code stuff.

read it

• They were my most proud "point" as well. May we always continue to be helpful, even without the currency which was used 80% honorable / 20% lulz. RIP helpful.

SignalGargmidga

@Tushon said:
    read it

I did, and I disagree.

Signalmidga
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

They would have been useful if people didn't use them to troll, but that didn't happen

GHoosdumardichoke
  • I totally get it, not even complaining. But there is a certain irony in picking options that are more acceptably trolled as substitutes.

Gargmidga
  • SignalSignal Icrontian

Now I'll never get the badge for being helpful.

PirateNinja

Gah I keep trying to helpful things..even in this thread

Creeperbane2Garg
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

@GnomeQueen said:
    I did, and I disagree.

Sorry, that was meant to be in reply to xgp, not you! :(

midga