The Twins.

RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
edited January 2015 in World of Warcraft

ooowa! Fight 'em back, den!

Here is a guide to how the fire works. The fires have 3 seperate motions, so its hard to wrap your head around. I attempted to make a picture that explained this to some degree.

This picture shows a point in time after 4 waves of fire are emitted. Each wave of fire is color coded, except the first wave is both dark red and pink to show that there are two overlapping fires in the middle.

The lines you see are the paths the very center of the fire waves follow. These lines do not move, so each fire moves in a straight line.

As each fire moves along the line through its center, it rotates slowly counter clockwise. As the fire approaches you, you will notice it isn't moving across you like a wall, its moving more like a snow plow at an angle to its line of movement. This angle depends on how far from the weapon it was. They tend to not be quite perpendicular as they cross the circle (per @Aalonz‌ )

Also while the fire is moving towards you, it grows. Fires near the weapon are small, maybe ~5 yds wide. As they approach the other side of the room, they can be more like ~25 yds wide.

Going back to the lines: you can see that each new set of fire is moving on a path that is slightly rotated from the previous wave. This is what gives the "spiral galaxy" look to the pattern.

So, how do you dodge them?

1) Stay on the outside of the circle, near one weapon so you only have to deal with half the fire in the room.

2) IF you follow 1, you will only have to dodge 1-2 waves of fire before the room clears.

3) Know where the weapons relative to the fire you are dodging - this will tell you where it is actually going, which is hard to tell from just glancing at the fire itself.

I will edit if anything is wrong with this post!

AalonzTiberiusLazarusCelshMyrmidon

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

A cosmic shotgun sprays beans that experience Doppler shift. CLEAR.

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

Very clear.

This thing is one of the hardest things to describe I've attempted. And I explained gearboxes to people.

• There's one thing I'm confused about, you were up before 10am?

ChoochRyanFodder
  • HydrarHydrar Columbia, MD Icrontian

Or worked on this all night long.

I mysteriously woke up at 8 am today, and stayed awake. I shoveled snow even.

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian

Every time I've seen him so far today I've gotten confused.

• ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian

how is he even functional right now?

• Now post this to reddit before Brian does so you get the karma.

AalonzThraxRyanFodderMAGICChoochprimesuspect

Done.

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

And he makes it as a self-post, forgoing any karmic benefit, AND he doesn't link to Icrontic or mention it in any way, which is what I REALLY am doing when I link IC stuff to Reddit. Sigh.

The post was made before Celsh made her comment. Don't really care about karma.

TiberiusLazarusAalonzKoreish