New 3DS XL and Majora's Mask on 3DS Feb. 13

mertesnmertesn I am Bobby MillerYukon, OK Icrontian

My thoughts on Majora's Mask's pending release date...

imageWHEEE photo WHEEEEEEE.gif" alt="" title="" />

That is all.

Garg

Comments

• d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian

I started today wanting this, then I got fired out of the blue, now I can't afford it.

CBGargBandrik
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian

@d3k0y said:
    I started today wanting this, then I got fired out of the blue, now I can't afford it.

Balls. Sorry man.

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

Everyone made fun of me for still hauling around my tiny little gen 1 3DS for all these years, ignoring the 3DS XL and other iterations over the last few years. I kept saying it wasn't worth the upgrade, because there was bound to be a big refresh before too long. This is Nintendo, afterall.

NOW WHO'S HAVING THE LAST LAUGH?

Chooch
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    edited January 2015

I still have my original 3DS as well.

Also, Monster Hunter 4 was given a release date today of Feb 13 and will also have a New 3DS XL special edition bundle.

edited January 2015

@UPSLynx said:
    NOW WHO'S HAVING THE LAST LAUGH?

Me. I went from a black 3DS to a gold Triforce 3DS XL over a year ago.

...AND when I got my black 3DS it was for the lowered price AND it came with all the free games.

YOUR MOVE, BOBBY MILLER.

• GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian

This will be more first portable game system since the Game Gear. I'll have some catching up to do with a backlog of DS games.

• BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian

I'm pretty hype about this. Been looking forward to the new 3DS and it's extra analog pad THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE ALL ALONG. /rant

But really I'll be happy to have it and Majora. Plus the motion tracking 3D should help. I actually like the 3D effect but hate how it trips out every time I adjust my grip to touch the screen or other basic maneuvers.

@Bandrik said:
    I'm pretty hype about this. Been looking forward to the new 3DS and it's extra analog pad THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE ALL ALONG. /rant

But really I'll be happy to have it and Majora. Plus the motion tracking 3D should help. I actually like the 3D effect but hate how it trips out every time I adjust my grip to touch the screen or other basic maneuvers.

So far I haven't played a 3DS game and thought an extra analog pad would be useful. Perhaps it's just down to my selection of games. Are there some out there that would actually benefit?

• BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian

Very good question. While games designed just for the DS platform (especially the touchscreen-intensive ones) are just fine without a 2nd analog stick, more traditional games that allow full 3D movement in a 3D environment would benefit most. I believe that is the reason the generally accepted convention for gaming controllers to have two analog sticks. These allow for the smooth control of both character movement as well as aim/camera.

The most recent game I played on the 3DS was Kid Icarus: Uprising and the new Smash Bros. Smash only gets a minor benefit from getting the "C-stick" for quick smash moves, though some people really like that.

Now Kid Icarus, that game really frustrated me with its control setup. In fact I read a few game reviews that mentioned similar gripes. I frequently wished I could play it with a second analog stick to aim, as I didn't enjoy using the stylus to aim and control the camera. I used the left analog stick for aim/camera, and the A/B/X/Y buttons as a D-pad to move the character -- THAT is where I was really wishing for a 2nd analog stick!

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    edited January 2015

Monster Hunter almost requires another stick to play optimally. MH3U even had a bundle that came with the Dual Stick addon. MH3U also introduced a work around that allowed you to "target" a monster, and whenever you reset the camera it focused on the monster. This was an ok solution but some people still preferred another stick to control the camera. That's the only game that I've played that really needed another stick.

Also, new Fire Emblem announced for 3DS. This year gets better and better.

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Kid Icarus would GREATLY benefit from a second analog stick.