A rededication

_k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
I haven't been folding for the team. I actually bailed and spent some time on team 33 because of where some of the gear I have now came from. But times are a changin'. The main reason for me dropping off the charts were the summer and I had gotten really bored with f@h in general since most of it is so stream lined. Then I was lured away to play with crypto mining since there are so many variations and it is distributed, fun messing with bat scripts and looking at numbers tick by in black and white. Things started to feel like I have left the team to rot because I wasn't actively engaged with y'all despite still collecting WUs from places that are unknown and I don't want to talk about -_-.

With having cryptos taking a lot of my interesting but things starting to calm down in my world since a strong grasp has been taken of that situation I feel it is time to return to the fields I grew up in and work them once again. Thus I am declaring I will give the team at least 1 million points a month for the remainder of this year. This is also a call to everyone else in the community with higher end GPUs because it is easy to run f@h for a few days and contribute a huge chunk of points with little to no impact to you.
PirateNinjaBobbyDigiprimesuspectcsimontrooster89Linc

Comments

• mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    Slacker.

Seriously though, I could probably get some folding going again as well but I'll have to look into the production/watt for my rig these days.
    _k
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    mas0n_kcsimon
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    Welcome back, I kinda miss seeing the red you in my rear-view!
    _k
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    I will still be there from time to time. Just pretend I am running an older lamborghini diablo and I get worse gas mileage than you but can sprint ahead.

mmmm the one car that makes my panties drop........
    Just to show even how serious I am. I have had what I use as my fileserver/dev machine on lone to @mas0n but been slacking on getting a OS installed again since drives have been wiped when the machine changed hands but I was fed up with that tonight, this is only after tracking down my spare USB disc drive that was hiding at work. @PirateNinja burned a surplus ticket tonight when we were playing MvM so I said screw it I will get f@h running on the server while we play and so I did. Ubuntu installed, f@h running, and syncing for back-ups by the end of the MvM match.

NEVER GIVE UP! NEVER SURRENDER!
    PirateNinjaGarg
  • I'm impressed. will run f@h over the weekend in your honor
    Thought I would give a quick early check-up on where I am. 17 days in and I hit 1.5 mill for January and in the first 10 days of Feb. I am sitting pretty at 650k. Did some calculations after the first few days but I realized I don't need to have my main rig even folding to hit my goals. Got -smp 16 chugging 24/7 and a GTX460 on a slow run for the year. Just thinking that I could be pushing short of 200k feels a little crazy, like going back to running dual 9600GSOs, 9800GX2s, and whatever machines I could get my hands on for service install.
  • sgstairsgstair Reverse Engineer Redmond, WA Icrontian

(don't count on that 7 months ;) )

primesuspectGarg