Let's be friends and rob banks together. Payday 2 Discussion.

Comments

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

We've got two weeks.

-Digi

FreeHoxton trailer

-Digi

• IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian

Less than 19,000 to go for special shit.

Less than 400 to go. Pretty sure the hard core out there will create enough shill accounts to cover that in the next day let alone the 5 days we have left.

-Digi

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

Excitement!

Aaaaaaaand Done

http://www.overkillsoftware.com/crimefest/

So much cool shit coming.

-Digi

• BHHammyBHHammy Somewhere in Hell Icrontian

http://steamcommunity.com/games/218620/announcements/detail/221000653392938218

So, they unveiled the 1.5mil community members reward today, that's going to be out tomorrow.

I'm a little divided. On one hand, the big surprise is a movie tie-in? 1.5mil community members for an advertisement?

On the other hand, new heister, new perks deck with akimbo pistols, new gun, all for free...and you're nuts if you don't think I'm gonna play Keanu all day, erry day.

Old Hoxton is being released with a new skill tree and deck, so I'm pretty stoked.

Don't care about the 1.5mil achievement but Hoxton? Hell yeah.

Considering everyone's gonna be shitting themselves over who gets to be Old Hox, I'll just sit over here and be The One. No biggie.

I am very curious about the new Skill Tree, though.

My only hope is to ensure that every game I play in I am the host.

None can be the Hox but I.

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

Final day of Crimefest. Time to free Hoxton.

The Headless Titandozer approaches!

Also notice, the 7th and possibly female crew member. We shall see tomorrow or Thursday.

There is a limited supply of 2 unique Halloween themed masks on Humble Bundle right now. They were only given 1million codes so limited supply. Werewolf and fishman mask.

BobbyDigi
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian

hhrrrmmmm I haven't played in a long time. Would be interested if anyone wanted to tonight.

edited November 2014

Free weapon from Alienware

"Alienware Alpha Mauler"

Says there is only a couple thousand left. You have to have/create an Alienware network account.

@Ilriyas‌ @PirateNinja‌ @cola‌ @RahnalH102‌ @UPSLynx‌

Edit: In case some of the newer players pick this up, it has a minimum level of 48 so you will not be able to equip it until then.

-Digi

White Xmas Heist coming this week.

-Digi

The Diamond

$7 for the new heist

$5 for Clover (New female character)

This is day 1 so looks to release on Tuesday?

-Digi

Skill Sets!!!! Poke @Ilriyas‌

"You get 1 free set, 2 others can be bought with offshore, and Tabula Rasa achievement also gives one."

Reddit Source

-Digi

_kRahnalH102

Oh man finally I can switch between enforcer tech and mastertech without having to have billions stowed away.

_kRahnalH102
    edited December 2014

Ahh yiss!

The OVERKILL Pack and The Hype Train

I know this is going to sound shitty, but I'd like to encourage folks NOT to buy these. Not yet, anyway. At least sit on your hands for a bit until the event is over.

This Hype Train event is kind of scummy, IMO. You're talking a community being urged to spend upwards of 3.3 MILLION DOLLARS in order to unlock all of the rewards. Not to mention, they still haven't even implemented all of the free stuff from the crazy numbers the community managed to pull out from Crimefest.

I've defended Overkill before, even on stuff I was sort of iffy about, like the pay-for character DLCs and such. Even though you pretty much have to spend about 90+ bucks to get the experience from someone who's starting fresh on the game. But this just isn't defensible, especially considering the content at the reward tiers being held hostage in the first place. (Plus you KNOW that we're getting the Hoxton Revenge heist regardless of whether or not we get the reward teir, so what's the point?)

Do as you will, but I urge you to think about it first, and the kind of message being sent. Me, this is kind of where I draw the line.

georgeh_k
    edited February 2015

Unbiased info:

Overkill Pack ($5) - Not going anywhere like any other DLC on the Payday 2 list. Can probably pick it up for a buck or two during the next Steam sale.

Completely Overkill Pack ($20) - Only available during the event. Consists completely of cosmetic items. No new weapons or mods.

Biased opinion:

A Fucking Minigun!

Mad because a business is trying to make money? Cry some more!

-Digi

cola_k

Yeeeaaaahhh, I'm going to need to go ahead and buy the Overkill pack. Might as well get in on the four pack. Makes it $3.75 each.

If 3 others are interested then I'll pull the trigger.

-Digi

Infamy Update 2.0 coming March 5th.

Along with that announcement there is a Q & A that addresses a lot of the speculation revolving around the Hype Train event including some, if not all, of the concerns that @BHHammy laid out above.

-Digi

• _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian

2015 Payday 2: Crimewave Edition 505 Games

edited February 2015

The Jacket Character Pack March 10th

Buy Hotline Miami 2 and get Payday 2 stuff

The standard edition of Hotline Miami 2 gives you access to the Hotline Miami Mask Pack which includes 6 masks for PAYDAY 2. The digital special edition of Hotline Miami 2 however includes the Jacket Character Pack as well as the Hotline Miami Mask Pack.

-Digi

I totally want to play as Jacket