League of Legends anyone?

Comments

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

@CannonFodder said:
    is she wearing pants?

No :o

Sorry I missed your post, totally would have ramed some a

-Digi

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    edited January 2015

In server news, Riot's server people have been hard at work at creating a stable and fast environment for League. They've outlined their plans and results before and today announced some fo the progress from over the past few months.

First they updated the current server system to a modern setting as the original servers were not up to par. Next they set about working with ISPs all over the country to create a dedicate LoL routes. They are still on this phase and say they have completed "the Northern Bridge" the top half of such routes. After that is done, they will then connect to new server locations on the following map.

Hurray for connection stability and low latency.

Next, there was a leaked rumor awhile back on what the next ultimate skin would be, theme and champ included, DJ Sona. Riot has been sending out emails this week leading to promo pages with the following songs on display. Nothing has explicitly stated that this is for an ultimate skin yet though. Either way, Legendary or better skin coming for Sona.

Lastly, while no visual results to display yet, Ryze and Kassadin had a lengthy posts about their visual updates earlier this week and are offically stated to be out "with weeks or months instead of months to years" and are now listed on the official Champion Update Schedule. Ryze's update will be a complete one including substantial gameplay changes. ( @CannonFodder )

Expect them to be out within the next couple cycles.

GnomeQueenBobbyDigiRyanFodder
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    edited February 2015

So I was playing a ballin' Syndra earlier when this glitch suddenly appeared out of the fog of war.
    Orianna ... you okay?

Unfortunately, a screencap doesn't capture the orbiting movements and horror of the stretched model bones and Orianna pieces.

UPSLynx
    edited February 2015

It's Tuesday and you know what that means for gamers: Release day! Or for Riot, Information Release Day!

DJ Sona

Riot sure likes to partner with professional musicians. In this case Bassnectar, Renholder, Nosaj Thing, Pretty Lights, The Crystal Method, and Dada Life.

GnomeQueen
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

That is all super cool, and the skin is great, but I'm kind of totally creeped out by the lack of eyes, and straight up lack of face for one of them.

The kinetic and ethereal do touch upon the uncanny valley for me. Course that's just the splash art, the spell effects and changing model designs are what have me sold.

She was on the PBE for a little bit but was buggy as all hell and has been taken down to be worked on. Dataminers have found that she has over 3 hours of sound files.

RahnalH102cola
    edited February 2015

Forbes contributor: League of Legends' DJ Sona Is The Mona Lisa Of Microtransactions

-Digi

Nemesis Draft is here

-Digi

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

That's a dick

GnomeQueencolaUPSLynx

Nemesis? Nemesi? Nemisisesus? Nem-better-come-play-LOL-with-Digi-seses?

-Digi

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

mkay

wat is happen

The current event game mode is Nemesis. It is a draft mode where you ban players you don't want to play as and your opponents pick your champions. Cannon and I played a round earlier and were assigned Rek'Sai and Janna respectively. We did pretty well and the other team surrendered. I look forward to running some matches with 5 Icrontians. Pretty sure with communication it will go even smoother.

-Digi

• colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian

I'd play with you guys, but I'm in NYC this weekend

edited February 2015

The mode lasts till the 23rd, if possible we should get as many people in at one time within that time period.

Since I can't into Twitter for some reason, here is a funny behind-the-scenes bit from one of Riot's designers.
    (Garen fans click)

Thought and topic of conversation: What if Riot designed the nemesis draft to find the weakest champions? Riot has been redoing champions so maybe they are looking for data to back who they need to tweak next?

Here is a ton of data that sparked the thought.

-Digi

RyanFodder

Came here to post this. We should draft an enemy team of non-AP ADCs.

Nemesis is nerve racking and not fun. ARAM continues to be fun. Thanks again @RahnalH102 and @CannonFodder for the fun.

-Digi

RyanFodder

May be a case of "Too Many Cooks" in champ select, but I really didn't get a good vibe from it.

edited February 2015

Due to the Latin festivals this week and past weekend, the latin servers are having a little event for the game.

At their website you can get avatars, facebook wallpapers, and desktop wallpapers of poros dressed like champions (and a few regular poros here and there.)

Each day more costumed poros will be revealed and available for download.

Check it out here.

Examples (also my avatar at the moment):

I played ARAM last night with a hilarious guy playing "Kamikaze Karthus." It was awesome. He rushed down the lane, hid in the bush in the middle, then slowed them, and rushed them with defile. We stayed behind him, and fought in the defile.

By the end of the game, he was worthless to them to kill, and he had ~900 AP. We had a ton of fights. As long as we came out ahead, we could push the lanes past the bushes so he could hide again when he came back up.

We won, though only marginally. It was hilarious and awesome the entire time.

UPSLynx
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

scum draft is hilarious. Annoying, but hilarious. Played a few games of it last night and didn't win any, but the picks were so stupid they were funny.

Though the dummies gave @cola nocturne the first match, and then they gave me Miss Fortune the second round. That was silly of them.

I think I prefer ARAM to Nemesis. If I don't have control over what character I'm going to play, at least ARAM is over faster.

• MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1734282155/39578320?tab=stats

I have no idea how that match took 46 minutes. We took the first 6 dragons....6...

The Wonder Above (Next Champ Teaser)

I like this teaser. The first few bits add to, reaffirm, and reveal lore bits. Namely, a Watcher is shown, Shurima's destruction revisited, and new Shadow Isles lore revealed.

The major teaser (the final symbol) heavily reminds me of Dawngate. Sadness. Fitting since Dawngate's story was LEAGUES above all other mobas.

I want to summoners tonight.

@cola @RahnalH102 @CannonFodder @UPSLynx @GnomeQueen

-Digi

I'm out of League till... Thursday ish. Good luck!