The Hilarity That Is Garry's Mod

RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature EnthusiastNew Mexico Icrontian

So I was talking with my brother (Enembis) and he'd like to play with Icrontic more.
He thinks you all are a great group to play with.

So we would like to invite you to play Garry's Mod with us on my brother's server.

His server currently supports the following Game Modes:

Trouble in Terrorist Town (TTT): A Who-Done-It version of Counter Strike.
Shortly into the match, players will be assigned a role. Civilians and the Detective must find and take out the traitors.

Everyone starts on the same team but shortly (~10 seconds) into the game, you will be given a role: Detective, Traitor, or Innocent
The Traitor(s) win if they kill all the civilians and the detective.
The Innocent and Detective win if they kill all of the Traitors.
Traitors are always outnumbered, always have a knife, and need to subtly take out people.
Detectives and Innocent aren't allowed to kill without "proof" that the target is the traitor.

Murder: Another Who-Done-It but simpler.
One Murderer, everyone else are Civilians.
One Civilian will spawn with a gun and will be the only one capable of killing the Murderer.
Other Civilians can find glowing objects around the map. When 5 are collected they receive a gun.
The Murderer only has access to a (1HK)knife.

Prop Hunt: A silly form of hide and seek.
There is one team of hunters and one team of props.
Props have a short period to run and hide by turning into the assets of the level.
Hunters will be released shortly into the game and must hunt down the props.
Props can swap to other props at anytime and can move.
Props can hit a taunt keybind to play a usually silly and annoying sound effect.
This taunt will occur every minute or so without command.
Hunters will take damage if they hurt non-player props. So chuck grenades at your own risk.
Props win if they survive to the end of the round or if all the hunters die.
Hunters win if they kill all the props.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: A clone of "The Hidden"

Melon Bomber: Classic Bomberman

G Ware: Wario Ware

Arcade Dogfight: Starfox + CTF

Cops & Runners: Kick the can without the can.

Gmod Theatre: In-game Synctube/Cytube

"Jenga": Can't remember the actual name for this one so placeholder for now.
2 teams. 1 very unstable building blocks level.
Heavy objects are thrown out of a center contraption. They will eventually wreck the level. Last team standing wins.

Sled Build: You are given a couple minutes to build a sled of your own design. Then attempt to race it down a slope. Sandbox mode but with a defined method of madness.

Sandbox: Classic G-Mod do what you want mode.

There is a lot of fun to be had here if people are interested.
There are many modes, items, skins, etc out there. My brother can add almost (there is "premium" content out there) any of it to his server should there be a demand.
If you have TF2 and Counter Strike: Source, you'll have most of the assets already installed. It's not expressly needed that you own these assets but it is highly recommended.
His server is only 8 slots right now but I don't expect much of you to jump on this.
Should I be wrong, we can create another bigger server, but we aren't at that bridge yet.

midgaBobbyDigi

Comments

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

Some examples:
    Prop hunt:

Sled Build:

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

So, Werewolf/Mafia.

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian

@Enembis should log into the forum more. :)

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

@Thrax said:
    So, Werewolf/Mafia.

Yeah, those sum up the Murder/TTT modes in general.

• EnembisEnembis Grants, NM Member

@Linc said:
    Enembis should log into the forum more. :)

Yeah that old hermit should get on here more. I heard a rumor that he'll answer any and all questions you may have about Garry's Mod though. :D

Linc
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

I watch the Mindcrack group play TTT and prop hunt on a weekly basis. I would love to get a group together to play.

Any plans currently that I might be able to get in on or perhaps we can work out a day to play?

-Digi

• EnembisEnembis Grants, NM Member

@BobbyDigi said:
    I watch the Mindcrack group play TTT and prop hunt on a weekly basis. I would love to get a group together to play.

Any plans currently that I might be able to get in on or perhaps we can work out a day to play?

-Digi

Planning a day sounds good to me. I free up in the later night most days and as long as I know in advance I can usually get on at any time. It also gives me a little bit of time to freshen up any problems that may be existing on the server at the moment and make it a bit more spiffy.

On another note for those who plan on playing. There is a problem I encounter sometimes with people who join in who have played or seen videos of the game modes and they see custom items being used and will question why I don't have them on the server. If you would like a specific addon, item or weapon to be put in please tell me a bit beforehand. (Depending on what it is it may take a few hours.)