League of Legends anyone?

Comments

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

I was particularly busy tonight, sorry.
    Will also be gone for most of tomorrow so I won't see the reveal right away. Excitement.

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

Bard, the Wandering Caretaker

New Support, oooohhhh.

-Digi

dark_arches
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

I lied. Might be around tonight.

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

A support built around the idea of wandering the map. Interesting.

• colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian

DJ Sona: Available now

She'll be 25% off till March first and then will be $25 bucks forever after.

-Digi

RahnalH102RyanFodderUPSLynx
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

I just learned more about LoL lore in that 2 minute Fresh Prince gag video than I have in over four years of playing the damn game.

edited March 2015

Bard is True Neutral.

Also, if you've played or watched Dota 2, you likely noticed the banners and ingraved signs on the map that displayed the Dire and Radiant emblems or a teams logo if a pro/ranked match. It would appear that Riot is also implementing this feature into Summoner's Rift "Soon™".

and new Xhin Zhao skin next patch:

GnomeQueen
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

Do we know when the Bard comes out?

edited March 2015

If they maintain their patch schedule then mid next week.

BobbyDigi

@RahnalH102 said:
    If they maintain their patch schedule then mid next week.

Thanks!

• colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian

I just had one of the strangest LoL experiences ever.

LoL players are known for being generally negative, always pointing out mistakes, and being harsh. It's gotten to the point where a game of League is referred to in our circle as "scumming" just because of how bad it can be. I had a game today that defied that, it was unprecedented. Riot. That's the one word that did it, the word that made rivers run in reverse, earth spun backwards. I played a game with two rioters on my team. From champion select the attitude was positive, and even into the start of the match we and the enemy team were talking in friendly terms and wishing each other luck. I haven't seen that kind of positive beginning since my Starcraft 2 days. We wound up rolling pretty strong throughout the match, and even to the end we and the other team were NICE to each other. I can't begin to tell you how ENJOYABLE that game was compared to any other match I've played.

tl;dr Rito pls be in more of my games

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1754187329/38861909?tab=overview

GnomeQueenRahnalH102BobbyDigi
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian

I try to be endlessly positive and apologize when i mess up. I don't really have an illusion that it helps win...but at least there is one less jerk on the team.

RahnalH102
    edited March 2015

New live patch, new PBE patch. Interesting stuff in this one.

Live:
    Bard - Champion Spotlight

Patch notes for 5.5

PBE:
    5 April Fools Day Skins for Udyr, Amumu, Soraka, Nasus, and Nami
    These are good ones and I won't spoil them here. So silly.
    Debonair Galio Skin

New Champion Mastery system. Earn rewards and various displays for how well you play a particular champion.

Finish a game of League and you’ll earn points for your champion based on your team’s performance as well as your own contribution. Earn enough points and you’ll level up that champ’s mastery level, giving you rewards as you progress.

and more texture rebalances.

edited March 2015

Free Dreadknight Garen skin & Garen if you do not already own him.

Click Awesomesauce on this post, then click here and follow league of legends on Twitter. Code will be displayed, enter into LOL store. Profit?

I don't know how old this is but I can't remember seeing any of you Garen players wearing it.

@GnomeQueen @UPSLynx @CannonFodder @Church4252 @Obsidian @Ilriyas @cola @RahnalH102 @ZealocktheGreat

-Digi

RyanFodderRahnalH102TushonGnomeQueen

I remember seeing that way before, but I was under the impression it was just for Europe. The wording on this one proves otherwise. I was mistaken.

Also Secret Agent Xin Zhao is now available

@BobbyDigi said:
    Free Dreadknight Garen skin & Garen if you do not already own him.

Click Awesomesauce on this post, then click here and follow league of legends on Twitter. Code will be displayed, enter into LOL store. Profit?

I don't know how old this is but I can't remember seeing any of you Garen players wearing it.

GnomeQueen UPSLynx CannonFodder Church4252 Obsidian Ilriyas cola RahnalH102 ZealocktheGreat

-Digi

It wants me to allow Woobox to post for me on Twitter?

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

It doesn't post right away at least, so just visit this page and revoke access afterward.

BobbyDigiGnomeQueenRyanFodder
    edited March 2015

Emperor Urf

A glimpse at League 5 years ago.

BobbyDigi

@RahnalH102 said:

Emperor Urf

A: Is that from the Beta?

B: Do you think that is setting up for URF mode again at the beginning of April?

-Digi

edited March 2015

The PBE is full of urf the manatee related stuff but no game mode to test. They didn't test it on the PBE last time cause of the surprise factor. They may not need to test it if they do the same thing as before except throw out some individual nerfs so they don't have to outright ban champs from the mode like last time. Or they could be throwing a gladiatorial spin to it with these icons and the ward. I know many people will be mad if they don't do URF mode for April Fools, granted that would be a GREAT prank to pull. We shall see soon.

I really want to play the Galio+Swain tactic again.

BobbyDigi
    edited March 2015

A new legendary skin is stalking the PBE.

There are also some new particularly shiny skins but some of them are pretty buggy at the moment:

(Anub'Rhkan finally joins LoL. Only a matter of time considering other mobas.)

Note: Arclight Vayne is very incomplete currently.

Also, Morgana's spell effects are updated.

GnomeQueen
    edited March 2015

The following spoiler has to deal with PBE content and what may come around on April Fools Day
    It's pretty significant and I assure you it is NOT what you expect. Read if you dare.

Today in the PBE:
    **NURF **mode
    Strategic Buff of Strategistic Strategery
    +100% Mana and Energy consumption
    +200% Cooldown Inflation on Abilities, Activated Items, and Summoner Spells+50% Anti-Tenacity
    +225 Movement Speed Reduction
    +200% Delay between basic attacks
    Critical strikes deal 50% of total attack damage
    This unit deals critical strikes on 150% of its attacks
    Protection against superfluous decisiveness
    This unit is vulnerable to consequences
    So abilities that cost mana or energy now cost double and have 200% added cooldown. Auto-attacks are now 200% slower, and "crit" over(?) every time for 50% damage. CC abilites now last 50% longer and everyone moves 225 ms slower (you only start at ~350)

Oh man!

I can't believe none of y'all told me about smartcast/quickcast.

• shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian

@GnomeQueen said:
    I can't believe none of y'all told me about smartcast/quickcast.

smartcast is for smart people only.

(I have never really figured out how to use smartcast)