WoW Tokens - you can now basically buy gold with cash

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian

• You can buy WoW Tokens with real cash in the Blizzard store
  • You can sell WoW Tokens on the AH for gold
  • You can buy game time with gold in-game.

Very interesting changes.

Comments

• MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited March 2015

Provided these tokens float around the current dollar value of gold it is safe to say these will run about 30-35k gold? Wouldn't be too tough to finance your game time if you're half way savvy at the AH.

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

@dark_arches (Petrachor) and I were just discussing that: 30K seems like a reasonable baseline figure.

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

There's so much more gold in the economy now, you don't even have to play the AH to earn 30K in a month

• MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited March 2015

It'll be interesting to see how many of these tokens are purchased. Assuming everyone would rather pay for their game time with gold rather than cash, and that most established players have at least 50-60k gold laying around at any time, I cant imagine the supply of these will be anywhere near the demand. On second though I wouldn't be surprised if these go for upwards of 40-50k.

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

This seems exactly like how EVE works, except they explicitly let the token be a replacement for your monthly sub.

• CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian

Hmmm. This may get me back into the game if paying for your sub with in game good is a thing. The main reason that I don't play is lack of money.

• d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian

Everquest does the same thing

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

WoW was the only major sub MMO that didn't do this. No longer!

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

Some things to note as of current PTR build:

You can buy these from the character menu, which everyone, regardless of active subscription or not, can now reach with the recent changes to account status. Said changes being that all accounts will default to a slightly less restricted trial/free-to-play account settings and restrictions when not under subscription.

On the AH, Blizz sets the price, players supply, and they are sold by region not server. I.E. all of North America has the same gold price. Blizz controls this token.

JBoogaloo