The "Everything is Different" Vanilla feature and bug discussion

Comments

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian

Drafts are temporarily broken ("DraftID is required.") because I am testing some open heart surgery we did on the validation bits. Let me know if you see any other errors/messages like that.

• Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian

@Linc said:

OK.

oni_dels
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian

Is there a way to make :) and :D not appear as those silly little pictures and just as the ASCII characters?

Fixed the draft issue.

@midga No, there's no way to override/disable smiley parsing.

• midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian

:(

CB
  • oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French Canadian Montréal, Québec. Icrontian

Since this morning i have a notification for a new inbox msg, but there's no new msg...

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

There was a spammer attack last night and all of the spam PMs were deleted. Open any existing PM to clear the notification and all should be back to good.

-Digi

LincAlexDeGruven
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

@BobbyDigi said:
    There was a spammer attack last night and all of the spam PMs were deleted. Open any existing PM to clear the notification and all should be back to good.

-Digi

Came here to ask about this. Thanks!

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

The promoted content module displays nothing as a not logged in user. Not sure if by design, or simply a result of the not-logged in user not having access to two most popular posts currently (members-only forum).

I "tested" it when there was one Members Only post and it only displayed the one non-Members Only post so it's most likely because the two Members Only posts causing that currently.

-Digi

Yeah, it's the latter. It's a known bug at the moment, thanks tho.

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

Cool beans.

Got a couple to report:

When tagging a user in a post, if you hit enter after selecting the name, the name erases. Easy to replicate, @ someone (type a full name or select from the list via Enter, Tab or click) and hit Enter a couple times. As someone who tags and makes lists of users commonly, this one is most annoying.

When you hit the Url button to easily post a clickable link the Http:// in the popup is highlighted for easy pasting. When posting a second link, and each after, there is no highlight.

FF 36.0.1

-Digi

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited March 2015

Our avs are square again. (well, not mine because transparent background)

@BobbyDigi said:
    When tagging a user in a post, if you hit enter after selecting the name, the name erases. Easy to replicate, @ someone (type a full name or select from the list via Enter, Tab or click) and hit Enter a couple times. As someone who tags and makes lists of users commonly, this one is most annoying.

Yup, that's on my to-kill list.

When you hit the Url button to easily post a clickable link the Http:// in the popup is highlighted for easy pasting. When posting a second link, and each after, there is no highlight.

Ah, I kinda thought something like that was happening but hadn't articulated it as a bug yet, thanks.

@CB said:
    Our avs are square again. (well, not mine because transparent background)

HA! THAT ONE I DID ON PURPOSE.

• HeroHero formerly known as XGPHero Icrontian

how do you put a spoiler into a comment?

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    edited April 2015

@XGPHero said:
    how do you put a spoiler into a comment?

In the type tool box, there is a paragraph symbol (to the left of the smiley) that says "Format" when you mouse over it. The drop down it provides has the shortcut for spoiler ( >! )

Or just type >! at the beginning of a line.

mertesn
  • HeroHero formerly known as XGPHero Icrontian

i swear i looked there, i just missed it... :facepalm: thanks

• oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French Canadian Montréal, Québec. Icrontian

On mobile, awesome still has the heart, real talk and hugs have no "logos"...

• ardichokeardichoke Icrontian

This is an odd one... I just posted in the "What phone is coming next" thread, but it isn't showing up in the "All Discussions" page. Do threads that are marked as "Announcements" not show up in All Discussions when bumped? Is that how it is supposed to work?

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited April 2015

I 2nd the above. Also not in "all discussions" or clicking the Icrontic link as the top of the hierarchy.

Just for thorughness, I do not have Science and Tech category hidden.

All avatars in the Promoted Content module have been this guy for the last couple days;

-Digi

• FettBaconFettBacon Viscount Icrontian

I like that guy.

oni_dels

Yeah, there was a breaking change to that module. :/ I saw it but haven't had a chance to unravel it yet.

• CelshCelsh Member

I don't know if this was relayed to you but certain people cannot post polls.

Probably intended.

• ardichokeardichoke Icrontian

Quoting is acting.... wonky...

Under certain circumstances, clicking quote inserts the start of the quote block with the username but does not add the text of the comment you're quoting. I believe this happens when you're quoting a post that has a quote without an extra line break before the users post. So, for example, if someone posted this:

@Linc said:
    Yeah, there was a breaking change to that module. :/ I saw it but haven't had a chance to unravel it yet. BlahBlahBlahBlah Something else whatever

and I then quoted it, I would get a blank quote.

@ardichoke said:
    Quoting is acting.... wonky...

Known bug we'll be addressing soon. The exact circumstances of that one are hard to pin down.

@Celsh said:
    I don't know if this was relayed to you but certain people cannot post polls.

Related to our Ranks system which I might change soon.

I just deployed the biggest change ever... that changes absolutely nothing in theory. Let me know if anything is extra-wonky today/tomorrow.

(We changed our coding standards which touched every line of code and was days of work... which hopefully broke nothing. Hopefully.)

• MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian

@Linc said:
    I just deployed the biggest change ever... that changes absolutely nothing in theory. Let me know if anything is extra-wonky today/tomorrow.

(We changed our coding standards which touched every line of code and was days of work... which hopefully broke nothing. Hopefully.)

May the 4 space tab reign supreme

Linc

@MiracleManS said:
    May the 4 space tab reign supreme

and glory to Lord Brackos.

MiracleManS