House of Cards Season 3 - Are you ready?

AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut?Meechigan Icrontian

I don't know how many HoC fans we have in here, but I'm definitely one of them. I'm completely not patiently waiting for season 3 to begin FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!one

So who's with me?

I thought about trying to put together an impromptu get-together to watch it, but I got busy and planning is hard.

Comments

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

I've been excited about this for some time. I absolutely love Kevin Spacey and the format of the show.

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

I'm planning to watch a bunch of it in one sitting.

• WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited February 2015

yusssss

georgeh
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

@Tushon said:
    I'm planning to watch all of it in one sitting.

FTFY

RyanFodder

That's probably true. Just hedging in case my girlfriend doesn't want to let me do that. ;)

• Wife goes out of town for bachelorette (sp?) party weekend one week after it is released. I'm working on sourcing a new Rye Whiskey that I want to try. I intend to binge watch while I binge drink (not really, kids, don't binge drink, it's bad for you). The hardest part will be not watching any of it for the week after it releases.

• KarmaKarma Likes yoga Icrontian

Most overrated show ever....But I'll still watch. I am not saying that to be all hipster. But goddamn the characters are ridiculous. Guy is smart and sly enough to become president but is easily manipulated by those around him. Also, I hate the Spacey's shitty Southern Accent and talking to the camera. Also hate how there seems to be zero repercussions in this universe. Also hate how much Spacey overacts.

But I'll still watch.

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

... why? If you don't like it... what is the point?

@CannonFodder said:
    ... why? If you don't like it... what is the point?

Didn't say I didn't like I just don't enjoy it nearly as much as everyone else seems to. I think it's still worth a watch.

• CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian

So Mumble IC HoC night on Friday?

@CrazyJoe said:
    So Mumble IC HoC night on Friday?

I'm in.

• aspieRommelaspieRommel Icrontic politico Indianapolis, IN Icrontian

I have been wanting to watch this series for quite a while (seeing my involvement in politics), but (I know this may sound stupid), I never knew how I could watch it seeing as it is a Netflix series. Can somebody tell me how? (Serious question.)

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

Pay Netflix 8$/month (or whatever it is now). Get content.

Okay. It it a stream-like thing or is it waiting for a disc?

Get the streaming only option.

Okay. Wanted to be sure. Thanks guys!

• doabarrellrolldoabarrellroll San Jose, CA Icrontian

I'm gonna binge watch this so hard, like each of the last 2 seasons.

• HumerusMegHumerusMeg Something, something medical professional, Fitness bitch, Sexy chef Austin Icrontian

my goodness... cannot wait for season 3.... Just have to wait for @thrax to come home from work travel so we can watch it!

• d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian

Super excite. Probably will be finished with the show by Saturday afternoon

How about 10PM EST tonight?

Got too busy on Friday to coordinate. We made it through Ep8 this weekend.

5 to go before I can talk to my boss again (he was planning on binge-ing the entire season by Sat morning).

I ended up not being able to sleep Friday evening, so I started watching at 2A saturday. Finished it in whatever time it takes to watch the whole thing.

I'm about halfway though the season. It's just as I expected so far. Can't wait to see how it finishes out.

• SodaSoda Ann Arbor, MI Icrontian

Spoiler Free

Honestly, season 3 was just awful. So many people/storylines just lacked that magic that sucked you in in the first 2 seasons. I did like some of the storylines, and many of the episodes were still gripping and suspenseful, but overall they really just took the show in a weird direction and ruined it. I don't even have the desire to watch season 4 at all.

• d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    edited March 2015

The ending was a bit disappoint, I expected something huge that was hinted at numerous times during the season, and it never happened. What did happen was lackluster.

Spoiler (I wish)

ClairUnderwood2016

Tushon

It used 40% of the total bandwidth in the US on Sunday. That means 40% of the internet was disappointed.

Soda
  • What episode are you on currently?

I finished 11 last night. 12 and 13 either tonight or tomorrow night.

vaderisahottie
    edited March 2015

Just finished the season. I am not sure how I feel about it yet. I think disappointed right now.

Besides the fact that Frank appointing Claire as the US Representative to the UN is illegal.

It definitely wasn't as good as the first two.

The biggest problem I think in this season was that motivations were so unclear. People want power now they don't want power. Plus when you build a show upon one guys drive and poltical dealings to get to president, it's very hard to keep the same motif once he is president.