WoD Challenge Modes: Let's DO them!

CullCull Member
edited January 2015 in World of Warcraft

Hi everyone!

I'd like to begin building a team of semi-dedicated players to take some cracks at the new dungeon Challenge Modes. This will involve hoarding as many +stat/WF/+gem slot pieces as we can and crafting an elite squad of savvy, motivated, dun-genocidists. If I'm correct, the ilvl downgrades to 630, so any bolstered gear from Heroic 5-mans up is relevant to the cause. I'm happy to help with any gemming/enchanting needs we run into, as well as running Heroic dungeons to collect all this gear.

Comment here, if you'd like to join the team, or just contact Çull in-game. Let's grab this glory early in the expansion!

Snipple snapple,
Çull

Comments

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

/invite cull

Hmm, that didn't work

/invite Cull

Hmm, weird squints ... oh that stupid character
    alt-tab, open character map ... find like 4 different things that look close ʢϚҀҪ ... there it is

/invi .... no
    /gkick Ҫull

CullRyderChoochRahnalH102JBoogaloo
  • CullCull Member
    edited January 2015

alt+128! It's in my guild note, friends!

• Also, anyone interested should bnet friend me: Cull#1728

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Yes. In. I have sockets on:

cloak
    gloves
    feet
    both trinkets

• MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian

Fuckin.

Yes.

However, you should note:

All gear is scaled down to 630, making warforged useless

Tertiary stats are disabled

Gems are disabled

Enchants are enabled

Food is enabled

This link has a lot of important info, and a link to another page full of videos for each dungeon. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15700532085

From what I understand, prot paladins are pretty solid for this. However, I already have a ton of BiS gear for this, as a holy paladin - even better, most of my PvP gear works for this (and is BiS). I also think with beacon-swapping that holy paladins are OP as shit for 5-mans... but that is not the consensus of the crowd.

I would highly HIGHLY suggest that people look into the conquest or honor gear to see if that gear is perfectly itemized. Getting conquest capped is crazy easy later in the week, and that's worth a couple pieces.

If you set a time and give me a role, I'm down for sure.

Cull
  • Gems disabled? NOOOOOO00000000ooooooo.... bwip /isdie

• From the look of the interested parties, so far, I'll be hunting down Tank stat gear for Çull.

I'll assume Brian will be dps, along with Tushon.

Dan- it'd be great if you'd be the heals! Now we just need a 5th. Who's in?

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

I guess my awesome gems don't matter then. Blorp. Either way, in. I've been itemizing for mastery.

• As far as a time, I think a toe-dip is called for just as soon as we find ourselves online at the same time. I'm ready now. I'd also like to get into a CM at least as a "fitting room" opportunity, so I can better see how items' stats scale and choose what I'll want to keep for my CM set. Tonight?

Perrrrrhaaaaaaps.

We could really use a bloodlust or a battleres, and bonus points for ranged magic damage. I would recommend warlock or mage.

• Question: Would Indestructible still be effective? That could be a moneysaver!

• CelshCelsh Member
    edited January 2015

No gear dmg in challenge modes. :) you can wipe aaaaaaaaaaaallllll you want.

Edit: Snipple snapple.

primesuspectAalonz
  • @Celsh said:
    No gear dmg in challenge modes. :) you can wipe aaaaaaaaaaaallllll you want.

Suh-weet!

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

I didn't say I was interested ;)

I don't really have the drive to go out and get an entirely separate set of gear for mounts or titles.

• Great news, everyone! I booted the rogue from the CM team to make room for some ranged magic damage.

primesuspectJBoogaloo

Something occurs to me...

Blood DKs are supposed to be be pretty hardcore here. If you'd prefer to dps (and I feel like you know dps really well), we could conceivably hunt for a blood tank instead. @Rexxar knows DKs like the back of his hand, he might be someone to get ahold of...

Disc priests are also absurdly good. If you could sweet talk @CannonFodder into healing and dump me on dps, I'd be able to off-heal and off-hand while providing magic/holy damage. We'd be melee heavy, though.

Whatever setup you like, just throwin' ideas out.

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

No thanks, I just find these aggravating.

RyderJBoogaloo
  • To start, I'm interested in just building a group of folks who want to get into CM's, more than building the ideal comp. I expect that-- no matter what we first go in with-- we're gonna have a time of it. So anyone who wants to give these a go should just speak up and we can work with what we get. That said, onlyblooddksanddiscpriestsneedapplysnipplesnapple.

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

I'd actually be more excited for Challenge modes then raiding. I don't know if I can commit to either just yet until school settles down a bit first. It's likely I'll be able to though.

Cull
  • SazbeanSazbean Paladins. Lawful good & violent about it. Chelsea, MI Icrontian

I heard someone say they might need a protection paladin? :)

• TadarranTadarran Cleveland Member

Well, I think i'm 3 weeks late to the party, but i'd like to do some guild challenge modes. The mount looks great for silver. I've got bloodlust as an elemental shaman :)

• Thanks to @Tadarran for reminding me about this. We've got nothing to lose, folks, and 5 days each week that we don't raid as a guild. Let's take a few cracks at these CM's! I'm down whenever.

Yup. Yuuuuup.

• sonofgodssonofgods Houston TX Member

may i go?

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

I am behind. Haven't logged in in a couple weeks, and wasn't putting in much effort before that. This might give me some drive though. I should be able to make it often but some days may be pretty busy. Depends on how class is going at the time.

• CullCull Member

We're going to try and get some CM runs in tomorrow, Friday March 6th, around 9-ish EST. I will be there, @Tadarran said he will be able to show, and so did @primesuspect .

@Myrmidon ? @RahnalH102 ? Can you guys confirm or deny availibility?

edited March 2015

I'll be available but I'm no where near prepared for it. I'll see what I can do in the meantime.

No can do - Friday is date night. Is there another available day?

• CullCull Member
    edited March 2015

I'm just going to try and use the guild calendar to set this up. Check it and sign up for the days/times you're available, please.

Actually, that won't work. Tadarran is no longer in the guild. Help me out, fellas. Let's speak up and get some times coordinated. I can't do Tue-Thurs evenings, but the rest is pretty wide open.