Connect your Icrontic account to Steam

LincLinc OwnerDetroit Icrontian
edited March 2015 in Team Fortress 2

Wanna get sweet, sweet achievements for playing TF2 this season? Connect your Icrontic account to Steam.

This plugin to allow this is brand new and we're the guinea pigs (as usual) so let me know if it's buggy. Apologies in advance for the kludgy UI; some of it is Steam's fault. :)

1. Check your profile to see what email you're using here.
  2. Log out.
  3. Click the "Steam" icon in the sidebar.
  4. Login via Steam's website. You'll be sent back to Icrontic.
  5. Enter the email address from step 1 & submit.
  6. Enter you Icrontic password & submit.

If you don't enter a username in the middle of that, it will throw a "Username is required" error that is completely stupid and ignorable. Email is all that matters.

LincPirateNinjaprimesuspectRahnalH102pigflipperBobbyDigiDontCallMeKelsoCreeperbane2Winfrey

Comments

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

The UI from the first page is confusing. It indicates to leave the password blank UNLESS you are attempting to connect an existing account so I entered the password (even though you didn't indicate to do so, wanted to see what would happen). Received this screen, which looks like what you wanted me to hit.

• PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
    edited March 2015

FIRST
    edit: maybe not, tush faster but buggier

• @Tushon I'm not sure if I did it right, but I left my email address blank and selected my username. Then I entered my usual IC password, and I think it worked? I don't know how to check.

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited March 2015

Followed the steps. Also not sure how to check if correct. I don't see any visual indication of my Steamyness.

Edit: So, I tried logging out, then logging back in with my steam account, and it took me right in as me, so I guess that works.

@PirateNinja said:
    Tushon I'm not sure if I did it right, but I left my email address blank and selected my username. Then I entered my usual IC password, and I think it worked? I don't know how to check.

I was indicating that the step 5 part had a box which said "Leave blank unless you are connecting an existing account" or something similar.

• FettBaconFettBacon Viscount Icrontian

The only problem I ran into was finding the buttons but that is not a big deal.

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

I think I got it. Gave me the same message as Tushon screencapped but then I noticed the wording had changed from the first time and I just hit "Connect" again and it brought me back to the front page.

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Looks like it's considering @sonorous to be a new applicant

• pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian

Connected with no problem at all.

• SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian

@primesuspect said:
    Looks like it's considering sonorous to be a new applicant

Who are you people again?

• IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian

I got the same error as Tush, it's saying that I already exist and I can't have the same email/username as my current account.

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

When you first attempt it, it looks like it tries to make you a new account (the wording at the password says "Leave blank unless you are connecting an existing account.") You do it anyways and it swaps to the above screencapped error message but notice the text above the password says "Enter your existing account password." Hit connect again and it should work. That's what I noticed on my run through it.

So blank the password the first time?

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian

I have confirmed good connections from:

• primesuspect
    • CB
    • PirateNinja
    • pigflipper
    • Sonorous
    • mertesn
    • Tushon
    • RahnalH102
    • Requit
    • FettBacon
  • BasilBasil Nubcaek England Icrontian

Done, not sure it worked tho.

@Ilriyas said:
    So blank the password the first time?

My password was autofilled on it the first time, so I would guess put in your password, get the error, then submit it all again.

• UPSKingpinUPSKingpin Sir Elkhart, IN Icrontian

From what I can tell, it works like this:

Fill in all info
    Submit
    Get error
    Click Submit again anyway

It let me in with no problems.

LincIlriyas
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian

Got an error but my password manager automagically logged me back in and it's working so far.

• FettBaconFettBacon Viscount Icrontian

It worked for me and I never got the error. I'm not sure what I did but I definitely used my password.

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

I carefully followed Linc's instructions step by step, and it worked, so... do that, I guess?

Oh hey it did the thing.

• mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian

@CB said:
    I carefully followed Linc's instructions step by step, and it worked, so... do that, I guess?

Crazy talk.

• DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso Kelso 'The Great Asshole' San Jose, CA Icrontian

Yay, I think it worked! Cool!

@mertesn said:
    Crazy talk.

Carefully following instructions doesn't help him debug ;)

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

I think I did it? Got the error, removed my email, hit submit then it worked? I think?

_k
  • aspieRommelaspieRommel Icrontic politico Indianapolis, IN Icrontian

It did it for me on the first try. Don't know what to say.

• DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso Kelso 'The Great Asshole' San Jose, CA Icrontian

I didnt enter my email when doing the linking when logging in here. So yay good error?

• Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian

I have did the thing.

• GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

I hope I did a thing

• mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian

@Tushon said:
    Carefully following instructions doesn't help him debug ;)

Too true. I'm dealing with that at work right now...