ICSP 2015

Comments

• HeroHero formerly known as XGPHero Icrontian
    edited March 2015

out,because reasons :( im definitely gonna miss all the hugs :bawl:

PS: started out as an Icronic message at link the hug receiver, but continued on to be genuine unhappiness. i am however planning to be at communal labor, and i hope to see many others there as well.

• maliamalia Sconnie Nation Icrontian
    edited March 2015

So, my dedicated airport chauffeur moved last week, and wont be able to drop me off....any chance I can get an Icronti-cab? Flight is Tues Mar 24, 2015 @ 12:10 pm.

• ObsidianObsidian Michigan Icrontian

@malia said:
    So, my dedicated airport chauffeur moved last week, and wont be able to drop me off....any chance I can get an Icronti-cab? Flight is Tues Mar 24, 2015 @ 12:10 pm.

I'm 99% sure that I'll be able to. Kind of in the middle of figuring my life out right now, but I'm trying to hold off moving to Chicago until April 1st.

_k
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian

Likewise, is there anybody available to pick me up or drop me off at the Amtrak station? It's ~7min from ICHQ.

Friday 3/20, arriving 7:13 PM
    Monday 3/23, departing 11:20 AM

• mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian

Oh yeah. I suppose flight info would help...also need an airport pickup.

Arrive 19 Mar:
    flight 1185 OKC->STL 5:50PM->7:10PM
    flight 4541 STL->DTW 7:45PM->10:10PM

Depart 23 Mar:
    flight 175 DTW->BWI 11:55AM->1:25PM
    flight 1978 BWI->OKC 5:00PM->7:25PM

• maliamalia Sconnie Nation Icrontian

Thanks @Obsidian ! You are the best...let me know if the 1% happens and you end up taking some far flung stage ;)

• Beer and hugs are inevitable!

mertesnprimesuspect
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

BTW: Betsy and I will be there. Arriving Friday evening, staying until Sunday after (Br/L)unch.

GargBetsyDGnomeQueenUPSLynx
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited March 2015

Guys the Sumo bag attacked me what was I supposed to do

• GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

@Linc said:
    Guys the Sumo bag attacked me what was I supposed to do

Invert gravity, obviously.

Creeperbane2
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

THE ENTIRE WORLD IS UPSIDE DOWN

Creeperbane2

TIL SumoSacs are stuffed with cheese.

UPSLynxJBoogaloo

EDITOR WAY CAN'T YOU READ EXIF DATA YOU WORTHLESS CODE.

OK but seriously I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate shredded foam rubber. STATIC ELECTRICITY x 1000. Everything flies in all directions whenever you try to scoop / grab / sweep it together.

This project is because the interior liner of the Sumo bags were originally a cotton-ish material that, get this, apparently disintegrates over time into a horrid web that causes all the foam around it to attach to it, creating a terrible Sesame Street slasher flick bio mess. :horrified: So washing the cover stopped being tenable a few years back because foam explosion. I bought a new liner and transferred the salvageable contents, and have bought a refill bag of foam to replace what is stuck to the old liner. :zombie: Should give 'er a few more years of life to everyone's favorite seat.

mertesnGarg
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

... WHAT HAPPENED?

@CannonFodder said:
    ... WHAT HAPPENED?

@linc got all nervous when he realized you weren't there. This was his way of relieving stress. Apparently he's destructive when left alone.

ChoochRyderRyanFodderprimesuspect
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

@Linc said:
    OK but seriously I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate shredded foam rubber. STATIC ELECTRICITY x 1000. Everything flies in all directions whenever you try to scoop / grab / sweep it together.

This project is because the interior liner of the Sumo bags were originally a cotton-ish material that, get this, apparently disintegrates over time into a horrid web that causes all the foam around it to attach to it, creating a terrible Sesame Street slasher flick bio mess. :horrified: So washing the cover stopped being tenable a few years back because foam explosion. I bought a new liner and transferred the salvageable contents, and have bought a refill bag of foam to replace what is stuck to the old liner. :zombie: Should give 'er a few more years of life to everyone's favorite seat.

but do they still smell like farnsworth doe

@GnomeQueen said:
    but do they still smell like farnsworth doe

Nope, the big cover just came out of the wash for the first time in 2 years. The inside of the cover is mostly impermeable; the foam smells like foam.

The black corduroy one cannot be washed at all. I vacuumed it and put it in Kyle's room and am replacing with (newly refilled) nylon ones. Those can get wiped down. :p

GargGnomeQueen

@Linc said:
    Nope, the big cover just came out of the wash for the first time in 2 years.

Ew.

LincGargGnomeQueenJBoogaloo
  • pragtasticpragtastic Alexandria, VA Icrontian

Are travel plans being handled here? If so, is there an airport run planned around say... 7:15pm this Thursday?

edited March 2015

Good thinking...

Thursday Arrivals:
    12:30am @UPSLynx (Southwest)
    7:15pm @pragtastic (US Airways)
    10:50pm @mertesn (Southwest)

Friday Arrivals:
    7:13pm (VIA CHOO-CHOO) @Gargoyle (Train 352 WOLVERINE)

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian

Post edited to reflect airlines, other posts removed :)

GnomeQueen
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

I get in at 12:30AM Tomorrow night. Southwest airlines.

@UPSLynx said:
    I get in at 12:30AM Tomorrow night. Southwest airlines.

Updated the list.

edited March 2015

So...I'm participating in the CrossFit Open (scaled division) and the workout period happens to fall in line with the entire time I'm at ICSP. My plan is to get my workout out of the way Friday morning at 6:00am at CrossFit BMW (no drinking for me on Thursday). The other available time is 5:30pm. This brings up two things:
    1. Would anyone be willing to either provide transportation or loan a vehicle so I can get this thing done?
    2. If anyone wants to see me (probably) look absolutely ridiculous, they're more than welcome to come watch. It might actually help to have a small cheering section.

Yes, I realize I'm absolutely crazy for doing this, but it's an important thing to me. Those of you who have known me for years have seen the changes I've gone through. Even though I've only been doing this for two months, there have been even bigger improvements not only in appearance, but the way I feel in general too.

GargChooch
  • BetsyDBetsyD Cincinnati, OH Icrontian

@mertesn made me remember to ask.

I have training runs I need to complete both Saturday & Sunday (yes I'm one of those people that can't leave home without my running shoes). Since I am not familiar with the greater Detroit area running scene, is there a good place between Dearborn (the hotel we are stay at is out in Dearborn) and ICHQ? I'm even good with a park that has a mile loop around it that I can just run over and over. I don't mind running on sidewalks but our hotel is right on a freeway so I'm not counting on being able to do an out and back right from the door.

• CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian

Argh. Here I am on Spring Break and no money for a flight to Detroit. Have fun everyone!