ICSP 2015

Comments

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian

@BetsyD I'd check out Wayne State's campus for an available track. The River Walk is also a great, safe place for that.

• MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian

I remember running by a tech school right by ICHQ with a track too. Can't remember the name though.

@MAGIC said:
    I remember running by a tech school right by ICHQ with a track too. Can't remember the name though.

Probably Cass Tech. If it's not during the school day, that might work too.

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited March 2015

Riverwalk / Dequindre Cut is your best bet; since this is during the school year the two school tracks might not be open to the public. Nicole runs as well. I'm sure she'll be able to help you.

GnomeQueen
  • BetsyDBetsyD Cincinnati, OH Icrontian

Looking around online I am seeing that Belle Isle is popular with runners and also I guess Rouge River has a bike trail but I can't find any trail maps or any details on where I can park for that.

Belle Isle is definitely popular but it's a State park now and requires a rec pass or entrance fee.

I don't recommend Rouge River. It's not terrible, but it's not my favorite idea either.

ICSP 2015 Challenge: Given a trickle charger, a can of SeaFoam, and a canister of fresh gasoline, get the Vespas to start.

SazbeanGarg
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited March 2015

^^ Mine, all mine.

Don't forget @UPSLynx ... he will be there in 9 hours. If he read his ticket correctly.

@Linc said:
    I don't recommend Rouge River. It's not terrible, but it's not my favorite idea either.

Lincoln, you're almost a Michigander. Almost. You're so close.... We just need to get you to call it River Rouge and you'll be that much closer.

(Nobody calls it Rouge River)

Sazbean

@Linc said:
    ICSP 2015 Challenge: Given a trickle charger, a can of SeaFoam, and a canister of fresh gasoline, get the Vespas to start.

Put the trickle charge on them now (or one of them). That is why it is a trickle charger, let it sit for 24 hours and then move it to the other one.

@primesuspect said:
    (Nobody calls it Rouge River)

She was referencing the park - I wasn't gonna bother checking :p

@Ryder The battery isn't actually dead so my guess is the carburetor from stale gas, but I'll give it a shot.

I have opened a beer and declared this event started.

RyderUPSLynxChoochHumerusMegSazbeanGarg
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

omg 15 hours until my flight aaaaah I can't wait

If it truly is a trickle charger (make sure it says max charging of 2 amps) then it won't hurt to have it on one or both for 8 to 12 hours if you have been trying to start them repeatedly :) .

• pragtasticpragtastic Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited March 2015

@Linc I'd be happy to help with the Vespas as well. But I imagine someone will already have them up and running by Thursday night :)

Linc

current status

RyderRyanFodderJBoogalooChoochPirateNinjaSazbeanGargUPSLynx
  • DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso Kelso 'The Great Asshole' San Jose, CA Icrontian

Just dropped @UPSLynx's chump ass off at the airport.

ChoochGarg
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

@Ryder said:
    Don't forget UPSLynx ... he will be there in 9 hours. If he read his ticket correctly.

Real Talk! I'm on the plane right now having a beer and using wifi because we live in the future.

ThraxMAGICGarg
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian

@UPSLynx said:
    Real Talk! I'm on the plane right now having a beer and using wifi because we live in the future.

Yeah, just don't let the plane lose three engines this time, k?

UPSLynx
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

@mertesn said:
    So...I'm participating in the CrossFit Open (scaled division) and the workout period happens to fall in line with the entire time I'm at ICSP. My plan is to get my workout out of the way Friday morning at 6:00am at CrossFit BMW (no drinking for me on Thursday). The other available time is 5:30pm. This brings up two things:
    1. Would anyone be willing to either provide transportation or loan a vehicle so I can get this thing done?
    2. If anyone wants to see me (probably) look absolutely ridiculous, they're more than welcome to come watch. It might actually help to have a small cheering section.

Yes, I realize I'm absolutely crazy for doing this, but it's an important thing to me. Those of you who have known me for years have seen the changes I've gone through. Even though I've only been doing this for two months, there have been even bigger improvements not only in appearance, but the way I feel in general too.

I have extremely important plans Friday morning that involve my bed, but you can borrow my car if you'd like. 5:30pm you can probably borrow it too, barring essential plans.

mertesn

@GnomeQueen said:
    I have extremely important plans Friday morning that involve my bed, but you can borrow my car if you'd like. 5:30pm you can probably borrow it too, barring essential plans.

Thanks!

• AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian

The jealousy, I feel it in my bones.

RyderprimesuspectChoochHumerusMegmertesnUPSLynxRyanFodderGnomeQueen
  • HumerusMegHumerusMeg Something, something medical professional, Fitness bitch, Sexy chef Austin Icrontian

Just landed in Detroit! Wedding venue appointment this afternoon and then will be at the house later tonight

mertesnChooch
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian

Can't wait to see everybody!

Anyone up for a Ferndale trip to get some coffee and mead on Saturday?

@Gargoyle said:
    Can't wait to see everybody!

Anyone up for a Ferndale trip to get some coffee and mead on Saturday?

in.

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

It is super weird beating @TiberiusLazarus to an IC event. Like, I don't even know what to do with myself.