We should help fund Super Troopers 2!

DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso Kelso 'The Great Asshole'San Jose, CA Icrontian

I mean we don't have to, and I'm usually against crowdfunding movies... but... it's Super Troopers and those guys are hilarious.

Some of the rewards are sweet, mostly the Chicago Beerfest one; they're going to be hosting a beerfest much like the movie Beerfest where theres competitions etc.

Anyhow enough of my rambling. Go check it out.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/super-troopers-2

PirateNinja

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    edited March 2015

I'm really looking forward to the movie and quite happy it had been funded, I am puzzled however by two things.

"Flexible Funding: This campaign will receive all funds raised even if it does not reach its goal."

Do if it had got less than the goal, it gets the money, but doesn't essentially do anything with it?

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

I'm guessing the infographic was being cheeky and they would have pursued other funding if it made 1.75 million.

• trooster89trooster89 Are you from London? Icrontian

Well if Anchorman 2 taught me anything its that a comedy sequel made 10 years later couldn't possibly be terrible right?

• KarmaKarma Likes yoga Icrontian

@trooster89 said:
    Well if Anchorman 2 taught me anything its that a comedy sequel made 10 years later couldn't possibly be terrible right?

Also Dumb and dumber

• DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso Kelso 'The Great Asshole' San Jose, CA Icrontian

@Karma said:
    Also Dumb and dumber

Those were studio driven, whats cool about this is the guys behind the first one, which was basically indie, have finally got the script together and want to make it. Hell the first movie was poorly received by critics but people like you and I liked it. I'm just hoping they capture the fun from the first movie.

primesuspecttrooster89
  • I saw these guys do stand up a while back, so I have hipster cred. They are funny. The movie will be funny. Gib them money.

• DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso Kelso 'The Great Asshole' San Jose, CA Icrontian
    edited August 2017

Well, the first teaser is here

• AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    edited August 2017

The first one was a blast. There's a fine line between funny stupid and stupid stupid. They hit all the right notes with the first one, and I'm glad to see they took their time and made something they can be proud of instead of a thrown-together cash-in sequel. I know at least Jay has been working a lot behind the cameras in directing and producing some pretty successful stuff.

This will be good.