League of Legends anyone?

Comments

• GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

Okay that's fine and all but WHEN WILL HEXAKILL BECOME A PERMANENT THING ON TWISTED TREELINE!?

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

@GnomeQueen said:
    Okay that's fine and all but WHEN WILL HEXAKILL BECOME A PERMANENT THING ON TWISTED TREELINE!?

Short answer: Likely never.

Longer answer: Riot likes these alternate game modes, but feels that it's for the gamemodes best interest that they are only available for so long. The novelty is great but even the best new gamemodes wore thin within a week or two. That's what Riot cites from their data from these modes. To keep it dedicated and interesting, they would have to start balancing with these in mind. For example, last year's URF mode saw a few champions outright banned from the system because they were gamebreakingly too good. Hecarim, Ryze, Sona, Kassadin, and more. These champs have great power gated by their cooldowns and mana pools, so with URF mode's 80% cooldown reduction and no mana costs, they were reaking havoc. I got to play Hecarim before he got banned, was a centaur helicopter of death.

Riot's full analysis and thoughts on the subject.

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

NURF has fallen. All hail URF!

URF notes, info on the new finishers, and the download link for the login theme music.

BobbyDigi
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

I don't really talk much smack to other players in League (at least these days, because I just mute everyone before it starts), but I was pretty happy with this one (I was dominating my lane against Darius)

RahnalH102colaGnomeQueenChooch

In the previous game I managed to make my first successful Dragon Steal that Lynx was able to followup on and get a Double Kill off of. I barely lived too. Yay teamwork!

UPSLynx
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

I know we lost all three games last night, but we had some pretty great plays. I felt great about all three of those games, just didn't work out in the long run.

• colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian

RahnalH102UPSLynx

Last day to play URF.

• I recently reinstalled the PvP.net client and am interested in grouping up for some play. How do you guys schedule time to play?

Generally we don't have a schedule. usually depends on if people are online or not in the evening and if they're caught up in their latest FotM game or not.

Best way to play with us is probably to jump on to mumble in the evenings and see if anyone is on.

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited April 2015

@mrklewis While what Rah said is all true, that doesn't mean we couldn't setup some play time. Usually Mon, Tue or Thur are good nights typically around 6-7Pacifc / 9-10 Eastern. (Wednesday is TF2 and Fri and weekend are weekend).

If you want to set aside some time to get a couple games in, try to pick a time in the above ranges and post here to gauge interest and we'll see what we can make happen.

Other than that, don't be shy about jumping on mumble and into any of the rooms with a hand full of people (be cautious of the WOW rooms as they may be in the middle of srs bzns) to say Hi and see if anyone is interested in some League.

I look forward to Summoning with ya,

-Digi

edited April 2015

Speaking of scheduled playtime, these weekend is a group IP bonus weekend.
    The bonus is live right now and runs up to 11:59 PM PDT April 19.
    Unlike when they were testing this feature's framework out last time, the bonuses from this period are guaranteed to occur, at the following rates:

So this would be a good time to spam matches together, rake in all that IP!

I want to play LOL tonight. Gib IP!

I'll hop in mumble in a bit, mumble up and/or hit me up in LOL Chat. Add me if we're not friended yet. Summoner name is KOXL

-Digi

Thanks @Obsidian @RyanFodder @TiberiusLazarus @RahnalH102 @UPSNateDog for the fun tonight. Delicious IP.

-Digi

cola

Patch 5.8 is here. Notable changes and additions:

Ryze Champion Update
    New Passive: Casting a spell grants Ryze a stack of "Arcane Mastery". At 5 stacks, Ryze gains a health shield based on level+% of total mana, and his spellcasts reduce the cooldown of other spells by Overloads (Q) cooldown to a potential minimum of .25 seconds.

Q, Overload: Is a long range skill shot now and no longer passively grants cd reduction (see passive & ult.)
    W, Rune Prison: Slight numbers nerf to everything but the snare length.
    E, Spell Flux: Still reduces magic resist. Now bounces back to original target after hitting other targets.
    R, Desperate power: Mostly unchanged. Now has passive CD reduction increaseing with rank along with increasing duration of new passive with rank.

There is also a limited time bundle that grants you Ryze and EVERY skin of his except for Triumphant (since that was/is a tournament reward.)

ARAM Changes
    New ARAM only Summoner Spell:
    Mark/Dash from the Poro King gamemode are now included. Cast once to throw a long range snowball. If it hits it, deals some minor true damage and Marks the target. Once a target is hit, you can then choose to activate the spell again to dash to the target for a limited time.
    "My mind's telling NOOO! but my body, my body is telling YEEESSSSS!!" ~ Lee Syndrome by R. Kelly :p

Warmogs, Bloodthirster (replacing Sanguine Blade) added back into ARAM.

New/updated visuals.

Black Cleaver Changes
    Black cleaver has been changed to purely a tank busting item isntead of a general ad bruiser item.

New Skins for Fiddlesticks, Zilean, Jayce, and Ziggs

New PBE stuff for future patch 5.9 or later:
    Star Guardian Lux (You know what it is.)

SSW Championship skins for Rengar, Singed, Thresh, Twitch, and Talon

Ashe Gameplay Update:
    New passive: Every auto-attack from Ashe Frosts the target, slowing them for a % based on Ashe's level. Ashe always "critically strikes" a frosted target for 110% bonus dmg. Frosted Crit % increases with items that would increase crit chance. Ashe cannot crit otherwise.

Q, Ranger's Focus:
    Passive: Ashe's auto-attacks on Frosted targets grant a stack of Focus, up to 5 stacks.
    Active: Ashe consumes the Focus stacks to increase her attack speed by a %. If all 5 stacks were consumed, then her auto attacks will land a flurry of arrows each strike. (Read: If 5 stacks consumed, each auto will hit ~ 5 times for an example.)

W, Volley: more arrows loosed.
    E, Hawkshot; Global range and can have up to 2 charges.
    R, Crystal Arrow; slow is now based on her passive.

The Champion Mastery system will arrive in "a few days" according to Riot.

edited May 2015

Also, next champ may be revealed soon. Some files have appeared on the PBE so I would expect him to be revealed next week.

5.9 Patch Notes

Annie and Morgana nerfs D-:

-Digi

@BobbyDigi said:
    5.9 Patch Notes

Annie and Morgana nerfs D-:

-Digi

BobbyDigi
    edited May 2015

Nerfs of that scale don't mean anything to most people since they are small enough that it mostly effects high level players. Just something to keep in mind when reading the patch notes. The range reduction on Annie is somewhat significant though.

Also, Hexakill:Twisted Treeline is back on the PBE and now with a ban phase. There are also plans to change Twisted Treeline up a bit mechanically speaking but nothing up for testing yet.

BobbyDigi

Chronobreak short-comic

@RahnalH102 said:
    Nerfs of that scale don't mean anything to most people since they are small enough that it mostly effects high level players. Just something to keep in mind when reading the patch notes. The range reduction on Annie is somewhat significant though.

Also, Hexakill:Twisted Treeline is back on the PBE and now with a ban phase. There are also plans to change Twisted Treeline up a bit mechanically speaking but nothing up for testing yet.

OMG I TOTALLY MISSED THIS OMGOMGOMGOMG

Ughhh they changed the teambuilder requirements. You have to be 25 to use it now :(

• FettBaconFettBacon Viscount Icrontian

Hey I've picked this game back up you should add me. My summoner name is FettBacon (who would've guessed)

• RexxarRexxar Maryland Icrontian

Beautiful

BobbyDigiRahnalH102UPSLynx

Btw, Hexakill is gone in 4 days, June 8th.

• IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    edited June 2015

The Undertow is Real

edited June 2015

Support Naut has been a thing for awhile now Ily. Regardless, good job! I wonder what the mastery grade you got for that match.