Asus tablet battery woes; looking for a happy ending

adarryladarryl No Man Stands So Tall As When He Stoops To Help a Child. Icrontian

My wife's Asus TF300T, purchased in Dec. 2012, has been a peach until the battery quit accepting charge. I found online a replacement battery and instructional video so I went for it. Unfortunately, (you can see it comin' can't you?) when I disassembled the case, one of the female tab connectors for a mini ribbon cable separated top half from bottom. As a result, upon reassembly, there was nothing to secure the ribbon cable to make an electrical connection. So.................yes, it's dead. I say....D-E-A-D! unless there is a Lazarus effect out there worth trying. I need a magical cure OR a new tablet. Entertaining all ideas at this point so throw in. Thx!

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

Tape it down and epoxy it firm. Pray.

• adarryladarryl No Man Stands So Tall As When He Stoops To Help a Child. Icrontian

Taped it down; didn't use any epoxy though. I did use a micro-foam pad to apply downward pressure once the clam shell was pressed back together. Nothin! This mini ribbon cable connector is teeny, weeny and has teeny, weeny contacts. It's a micro teeny, weeny. It's so small that you can just barely see the electrical contacts with the naked eye. In the professional vernacular, it's a tiny 'sum bitch. Is there any point in sending it in to Asus? somebody else for repair? Drowning man out!

• adarryladarryl No Man Stands So Tall As When He Stoops To Help a Child. Icrontian

UPDATE: Using my magnifier, I can see that the contact strips are torn from the main board so it's a goner. Took the Mrs. out and bought her a new tab, Samsung Galaxy S SMT800. She's happy; I'm happy. Swimming man in!

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

Good choice. Beautiful tablet.