edited April 2015

WHY WERE THESE BEES LEASHED

.>:(

CBErrorNullTurnipmidga
  • CelshCelsh Member
    edited April 2015

BBBBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

The Article said:
    The accident raises a number of questions, but mainly, why was there a truck full of bees?

.... seriously? Lazy journalism. They knew where the truck was coming from but they couldn't ask a simple question to help their readers figure it out?

FYI: most orchards, vineyards and other farms don't own their own beeeees, but they need beeeees to pollinate their apples/flowers/potatoes/alfalfa/other produce. Most places rent the beeeeeeeees they need. It's completely normal for bees to get transported by truck. I guess it's a better story if they make it sound weird.

RyanFodder
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian

It's always seemed odd to me that they wouldn't want their own beeeeeees. I mean the farmers know they need the beeeeeeesss to pollinate all of their crops, why not make some extra money on the side selling all of the honey the beeeeeeees produce? Is the cost of a beeeeeeee farm to substantial or something?

• GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

@Koreish said:
    It's always seemed odd to me that they wouldn't want their own beeeeeees. I mean the farmers know they need the beeeeeeesss to pollinate all of their crops, why not make some extra money on the side selling all of the honey the beeeeeeees produce? Is the cost of a beeeeeeee farm to substantial or something?

Well there's been a bee shortage for years. I wouldn't be surprised if that had something to do with it.

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian

@GnomeQueen said:
    Well there's been a bee shortage for years. I wouldn't be surprised if that had something to do with it.

MAYBE THIS SORT OF CARELESSNESS IS WHY.

BasilGnomeQueenErrorNullTurniponi_delsmidga
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian

This is why you pay out the extra for a Greyhound. Bees need to stop traveling around like they are some sort of cargo or something. Have some goddamn self-respect, bees.

Ilriyasoni_delsmidga
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian

There's no bee shortage.

They're merely lying in wait underground, biding their time before their numbers are great enough to rise up and take their place as Earth's true numeo uno

• @Koreish said:

It does involve some specialized equipment. When I was a kid my father kept beeeeeees for pollination, but after about 10 years of beekeeping he started developing an allergic reaction to the stings. At that point it was just easier to hire a beekeeper to move the hives and tend to them then it was to keep doing it himself.

GnomeQueen
  • Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian
    edited April 2015

Um, to keep this response as short as possible....
    NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE.AVI NOPE.JPG #NOPE NOPEOSAPIEN NOPENGUIN NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPEOLOGY, THE STUDY OF NOPE NOPEING WE NOPE HE NOPE SHE IT THEY NOPE NOPE JOHNNY THEY ALL NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE JOHN I CANNOT LET YOU NOPE THAT DON'T NOPE ME BRO CHANGE AND NOPE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

• mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian

@Celsh said:
    BBBBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

FYI: most orchards, vineyards and other farms don't own their own beeeees, but they need beeeees to pollinate their apples/flowers/potatoes/alfalfa/other produce. Most places rent the beeeeeeeees they need. It's completely normal for bees to get transported by truck. I guess it's a better story if they make it sound weird.

They do it this way because it's mutually beneficial: the orchards get their [whatever] pollinated, and the hive owner gets a wider variety of honey than the local agriculture can produce.

The people who supply my honey for brewing send their bees off to various locations to pollenate. They get orange blossom, buckwheat, wildflower, alfalfa, clover honey this way.

• shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian

@mertesn said:
    The people who supply my honey for brewing send their bees off to various locations to pollenate. They get orange blossom, buckwheat, wildflower, alfalfa, clover honey this way.

I'd like to pollinate your [whatever]

mertesn
  • oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French Canadian Montréal, Québec. Icrontian

@shwaip said:
    I'd like to pollinate your BEEhind

• trooster89trooster89 Are you from London? Icrontian

• CelshCelsh Member

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

• IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian

Obligatory.

RahnalH102
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

Was waiting for that.

Ilriyas
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

Celshoni_dels
  • CelshCelsh Member

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS